Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Complete RPG List for the PS2 - Updated 2017

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I added Ar tonelico II: Melody of Metafalica.* Gust, NIS America, 1/20/09. (late but not too late)

The title was also added to the list 'regular cases with extra content.'

Since I'm still in Germany and can't look up the SLUS number of the game, can someone post the SLUS number?

Also: I can't look at my pre-ordered copy from Rosenqueen. Is the art book in the game separate from the instruction booklet or just an add-on to the the manual?

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Welcome back! Was wondering where the hell you've been? How Germany by the way? (Enjoying the chocolate and sausages over there? )

The artbook is separate. The rundown for the items of the boxed include:
    Music CD w/case
    Artbook
    Game Case
    Manual
    and the Ar Tonelico 2 game itself.

The Rosenqueen additional CD is separate from the rest.

SLUS #: 21788P

BTW, lots of stuff happened while you were. I've started a thread listing all RPG for the PSP, why dont you check it out?
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Press_Start View Post
    Welcome back! Was wondering where the hell you've been? How Germany by the way? (Enjoying the chocolate and sausages over there? )

The artbook is separate. The rundown for the items of the boxed include:
    Music CD w/case
    Artbook
    Game Case
    Manual
    and the Ar Tonelico 2 game itself.

The Rosenqueen additional CD is separate from the rest.

SLUS #: 21788P

BTW, lots of stuff happened while you were. I've started a thread listing all RPG for the PSP, why dont you check it out?
    Thanks for the information! I added the SLUS number and made a note that the CD came in a special slip cover in the game case (hope that this is correct??)

I noticed some time ago your RPG list for the PSP and added a link to it at the top of the first post. Great list! With the DS list from Daria we have it all covered now I think (well, except for the GC and the Xbox, maybe someone else will find some time to make a list for them as well, but the PS2 list was much more important because of the sheer number of exclusive titles)

I enjoy Germany very much, I think slowly my carb diet goes down the drain. I wanted to stay only for four weeks, but had to extend the stay for another two months because of a research project I'm involved in. But I'll check DP from now on regularly...only downside is that I can't make scans of new releases and add them to the pic sections, and I prolly miss out on some good deals.

BTW, were there any good deals because of the CC bankruptcy? I hope I didn't miss out on good deals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lendelin View Post
    BTW, were there any good deals because of the CC bankruptcy? I hope I didn't miss out on good deals.
    Not yet. When the liquidators took over they raised all the prices and THEN started taking off %, so there haven't really been any steals. I did see a couple Fallout 3 lunchboxes that would have been about $27 but they were the Windows version, the consoles were gone. Those were the only "deals" I saw, all of the other good games would still be about $$30-$40.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Added to the list of upcoming releases:

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha versus King Abadon. Atlus, Atlus, 5/12/09.

This is game number 8 of the SMT series, who would have thought that we would get so many games for SMT alone?

Since I'll be in Germany for another month and can't follow closely the game scene in the US, please make us aware of any news regarding releases of PS2 RPGs which might affect the lists.

When I'm back I'll make a scan of Ar tonelico 2 and add it to the pic list.
    Last edited by lendelin; 03-11-2009 at 06:34 AM.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did a little checking. Besides Devil Summoner, there's Mana Khemia 2, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2, and possibly Sakura Wars but nothing etched in stone just yet.

BTW, did we cover a RPG list for the Wii yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Press_Start View Post
    Did a little checking. Besides Devil Summoner, there's Mana Khemia 2, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2, and possibly Sakura Wars but nothing etched in stone just yet.

BTW, did we cover a RPG list for the Wii yet?
    Thanks! I added Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 to the list of upcoming releases.

There isn't a list of Wii RPGs. Although the list wouldn't be very long it would be nice to have a reliable list. Fell free to start one!!

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

God damn there's a ton of RPGs on this system. I've eclipsed my PSone collection and still have 50 something left to go. :/
    Last edited by Daria; 03-14-2009 at 03:52 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default data

Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...X0DER&v=glance

wOOt

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just got AR Tonelico 2 (last copy on shelf), while there're many RPGs for PS2, I feel like this is one of those timeless classics you can keep and play for a long time. What other keepers do people recommend (those don't have to be in deluxe box sets, even GH versions are OK)? I have Mana Khamia, DQ VIII (I know it's common but it's timeless nonetheless). I'm thinking about getting both Growlancers. Please don't mention Final Fantasy series, those have become too mainstream.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im sorry, but I didnt have the patience to read all of the 21 pages so I'll ask my question and Im deeply sorry if the question has been anwsered already: Im not really into that japanese style of RPG's or ones with turn-based fighting. So, Could you tell me some PS2 RPG's that arent made to look and feel like anime and arent turn-based. Looking something that feels a little bit like "the elder scrolls"-series.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vkmies View Post
    Im not really into that japanese style of RPG's or ones with turn-based fighting. So, Could you tell me some PS2 RPG's that arent made to look and feel like anime and arent turn-based. Looking something that feels a little bit like "the elder scrolls"-series.
    There aren't really many "elder scrolls"-like games for the PS2.
    The one I enjoyed the most was King's Field: The Ancient City.
    This one is dated, but I kind of liked it - Eternal Ring. Just don't expect too much.
    Summoner 2 was pretty good.

If you like the Baldur's Gate action-RPG style, there are lots of these games: Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Champions of Norrath 1 and 2, Bard's Tale, X-Men Legends 1 and 2, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Justice League Heroes

These games don't match what you're asking for, but if you haven't tried them, you should at least give them a shot:
    Shadow Hearts or Shadow Hearts: Covenant
    one of the Shin Megami Tensei games.
    If you find you like them, there's a lot of great gaming with those series.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Im sorry, but I didnt have the patience to read all of the 21 pages so I'll ask my question and Im deeply sorry if the question has been anwsered already: Im not really into that japanese style of RPG's or ones with turn-based fighting. So, Could you tell me some PS2 RPG's that arent made to look and feel like anime and arent turn-based. Looking something that feels a little bit like "the elder scrolls"-series.
    Try wizardry. Although it's a Japanese game it "doesn't feel like anime". Actually it's one o those timeless games that Vincewy ought to pick up too,

Great Puma (Level 12) Chainsaw_Charlie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

try the wild arms series, while turn based they do allow using items for puzzle solving and there's Growlanser Generations and Heritage of war
    My rotating want list http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101550

Your television doesn't care how angry you are with it. Turn it off and find something better to do with your time.-Beserker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for your suggestions. Kings Field IV looks great but i wasnt able to find a copy inside Finland. Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land looks really interesting, altough its turn-based, but , the stupid man i am, i couldnt find that one either. But i will certainlly keep the names of those 2 games on my mind, the next time i go shopping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for your suggestions. Kings Field IV looks great but i wasnt able to find a copy inside Finland. Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land looks really interesting, altough its turn-based, but , the stupid man i am, i couldnt find that one either. But i will certainlly keep the names of those 2 games on my mind, the next time i go shopping.
    Kings Field is being sold here: http://www.puolenkuunpelit.com/kaupp...oducts_id=2887 if you insist on buying it in Finland, however it comes at quite a steep price. I suggest you look at either huuto.net or ebay.co.uk to find a cheaper copy.

(Edit: here you go: http://www.huuto.net/fi/showitem.php3?itemid=106915543 )

Wizardry might be a bit trickier to find. I guess ebay would be your best shot...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yok-dfa View Post
    Kings Field is being sold here: http://www.puolenkuunpelit.com/kaupp...oducts_id=2887 if you insist on buying it in Finland, however it comes at quite a steep price. I suggest you look at either huuto.net or ebay.co.uk to find a cheaper copy.

(Edit: here you go: http://www.huuto.net/fi/showitem.php3?itemid=106915543 )

Wizardry might be a bit trickier to find. I guess ebay would be your best shot...
    oh, thanks a lot! Its not that important to find it in finland, but it would be nice to avoid those annoying postal fees and stuff. Puolenkuun pelit has always been really expensive shop... -.-

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lendelin, time for a update dude.

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So I just got my copy of Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy from RosenQueen and something interesting to note. The Alchemic Art Collection might qualify as a separate SKU from the normal retail release.

Unlike the first Mana Khemia where the extra figure came in its own box wholly separate from the game ala a preorder bonus, what I have here is a large shrinkwrapped box about the height of a 3DO game but wider and thicker. It has the RosenQueen logo in the upper right hand corner and it's own box art. There's no UPC code anywhere but the back of the box details the contents like a normal collector's edition would. Inside is the standard retail package along with an artbook. I don't have the means to get a picture up at the moment but it's an especially nice package all in all.

EDIT:

Crappy cell phone picture.

Last edited by TonyTheTiger; 08-26-2009 at 06:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    So I just got my copy of Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy from RosenQueen and something interesting to note. The Alchemic Art Collection might qualify as a separate SKU from the normal retail release.

Unlike the first Mana Khemia where the extra figure came in its own box wholly separate from the game ala a preorder bonus, what I have here is a large shrinkwrapped box about the height of a 3DO game but wider and thicker. It has the RosenQueen logo in the upper right hand corner and it's own box art. There's no UPC code anywhere but the back of the box details the contents like a normal collector's edition would. Inside is the standard retail package along with an artbook. I don't have the means to get a picture up at the moment but it's an especially nice package all in all.

EDIT:

Crappy cell phone picture.

Ooooh. I might have to order that online afterall.