Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete RPG List for the PS2 - Updated 2017

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

HEADS UP:

ODIN SPHERE (new) will be sold by Gamestop/EB Games for $20 starting June 2nd ("Gamedays Sale").

A full list of the games can be found in the stickied thread 'Daily Deals and Discounts' under 'Gamestop Gameday Sale' started by GrandAmChandler. There you will also find a link to a ten percent coupon for the games on sale or (if you subscribed to GameInformer) the coupon is on page 37 of the most recent GameInformer.

Certainly not a ten dollar deal, but $18 (with coupon) for a game that is sold at most places for $40 is a decent deal.

Like last year it seems that the stores got plenty of stock for this sale and they will be put on shelves not earlier than June 2nd.

NEWS:

After multiple delays, CHAOS WARS, a GS/EB Games exclusive ($40) seems to keep its street date (beginning of June). GS/EB Games online has it already listed in stock and ready to ship.
    Last edited by lendelin; 05-28-2008 at 02:16 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Chaos Wars kept its street date. Added to the regular list:

Chaos Wars.* Idea Factory, 0~3 Entertainment, 6/3/08.

I made a slight change to the entries in the deluxe set list for Ar Tonelico and SMT Digital Devil Saga since both were originally only sold in the deluxe sets but got a reprint sold as stand-alone games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is it me or is Chaos Wars a bit hard to find at GS stores?

I checked 4 stores in my area (San Diego) and they either got 1 or 2 copies in.
    - MarkMan
    www.SDTEKKEN.com - SAN DIEGO TEKKEN
    www.tekkenzaibatsu.com - Tekken Zaibatsu

Idle

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMan View Post
    Is it me or is Chaos Wars a bit hard to find at GS stores?

I checked 4 stores in my area (San Diego) and they either got 1 or 2 copies in.
    I did something I usually don't do...I pre-ordered my copy (yes, I'm ashamed of it) because it is a GS/EBG exclusive and becasue it is a very late release for the PS2.

Two or three copies per store is probably realistic for the game. It is a niche game for an "older" system; but that doesn't mean it is hard to get, the demand for the game isn't very high.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Electric Blue's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lendelin View Post
    I did something I usually don't do...I pre-ordered my copy (yes, I'm ashamed of it) because it is a GS/EBG exclusive and becasue it is a very late release for the PS2.

Two or three copies per store is probably realistic for the game. It is a niche game for an "older" system; but that doesn't mean it is hard to get, the demand for the game isn't very high.
    I think demand was higher than they anticipated, it was OOS online for awhile.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
    I think demand was higher than they anticipated, it was OOS online for awhile.
    Sometimes that happens at Gamestop; when pre-orders are fulfilled, games are not available temporarily online. So far the game is in stock online for two weeks now.

If this game will be hard to get 6 months from now, we just can't be sure. We don't know the exact print run, and we crtainly can't predict the demand.

Surprises are a plenty and the demand for a game is uncertain. Noone predicted Nocturne to be pricey (although there were speculations about it, and I suspected it too), noone thought SMT Digital Devil Saga would be so high in demand, the same goes for Suikoden, Rhapsody, and to stray into other genres Ace Combat Zero wasn't expected to get temporarily such a high price increase based on demand. You just never know although I admit that there are a lot of factors in the case of Chaos Wars which might bring up the price in the future.
    Last edited by lendelin; 06-10-2008 at 12:14 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know about more scheduled releases for the PS2. Could it be that Chaos Wars is the last RPG for the PS2???
    Last edited by lendelin; 06-10-2008 at 12:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Didn't I hear that Persona 4 was still going to be released for the PS2?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know about more scheduled releases for the PS2. Could it be that Chaos Wars is the last RPG for the PS2???
    Agetec is releasing a game this month called "Falling Stars" that is supposed to be an RPG. I don't know anything about it, though.

Atlus will be releasing "Dokapon Kingdom" in October. It's described as a board/party/RPG game, so it doesn't sound like something I'd consider a real RPG.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

carlcarlson and oremites, you are correct.

Persona 4 will be released for the PS2 in Japan in July. No word yet about an American release. But my guess is it will be released in America as well with so many PS2 systems out there and the popularity of the series.

Falling Stars seems to be an RPG aimed at children and is also a PC game. IGN gives a release date of June 17th. LINK to IGN.

...and, yep, Dokapon Kingdom published by Atlus and also on the Wii, seems to be a mix of RPG elements and multiplayer board games. Probably won't qualify as an RPG or for the borderline category...we'll see. LINK to IGN.

Thanks for the heads up, guys.
    Last edited by lendelin; 06-11-2008 at 09:42 PM.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Falling Stars seems to be an RPG aimed at children and is also a PC game. IGN gives a release date of June 17th. LINK to IGN.
    Dude that looks terrible...

I want to play it!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    Dude that looks terrible...

I want to play it!
    ...bad games are irresistible.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have called 8 Gamestops and not one has a factory sealed copy. only a couple of them have 1 gutted copy.

EDIT: After continuing to look, I did fid one store that had one sealed copy. I made it mine.
    Last edited by Mason P.; 06-13-2008 at 01:16 PM.
    YouTube: MasonSushi---- http://www.youtube.com/user/masonsushi
    NintendoAge: MasonSushi
    Licensed NES- Complete....32X Complete
    N64- Complete....Master System (CIB)- 8 left
    TG-16 Hu - Complete

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just a heads-up:

Amazon sells Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne for $30 shipped. It is the reprinted edition w/o the soundtrack CD. LINK

btw, the eagerly awaited RPG Falling Stars got delayed to August 8th. A disappointment for sure. (sorry, Daria)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, Persona 4 has a December release date.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Indeed, Atlus announced Persona 4 for the PS2. Release date is December 9th. Price: $39.99. Included is a soundtrack CD.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At the end of the OP I put up pictures of the regular cases with extra content. It makes life easier when you buy used games and want to make sure that the extra items are in the case.

In particular for the games with two versions the visual help is useful since in most cases the front covers are identical and only on the back covers the extra content is mentioned in small print. Besides, I know a lot of you are just curious to know how the Digimon Card from Digimon World 4 looks.

However, I'm missing scans from some variants. If someone of you could provide scans of the following items I would aprreciate it very much. Just send me a PM so for the sake of completeness the picture list can be finished.

1) the trading card from Inuyasha: The Cursed Mask, and also a better scan from the back cover of the game with the card.

2) the lenticular special cover (removeable) from Xenosaga III.

EDIT: A big thanks to koster who provided scans for the back cover of Nocturne with the CD and scans of the soundtrack CD! I uploaded his pictures and mine in the picture section.
    Last edited by lendelin; 07-24-2008 at 01:43 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lendelin,

In your bragging thread as you called it, did you know you have a picture of Sega Classics Collection, and not Sega Genesis Collection.

For the new case pictures you put up, look closely at Fullmetal Alchemist 2: Curse of the Crimson Elixir disc. There is something "french" about it. See it? Might want to find a new picture for that, since this thread is for american releases.

If you bought that game used, the disc and the case do not seem to match up btw. I'm not sure if those pictures where from your personal collection, or just pictures you had.

If you do own that F-disc, for FMA2, could you tell me the PDSS number? I wanna compare it to the normal number.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

double post
    Last edited by lendelin; 07-24-2008 at 11:51 AM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcks007 View Post
    lendelin,

In your bragging thread as you called it, did you know you have a picture of Sega Classics Collection, and not Sega Genesis Collection.
    You're right! I will correct it. Thanks! Dang, not only did you look at the old thread, you also have the eyes of a hawk ... which is further proven by the following...

For the new case pictures you put up, look closely at Fullmetal Alchemist 2: Curse of the Crimson Elixir disc. There is something "french" about it. See it? Might want to find a new picture for that, since this thread is for american releases.
    I should have known it! Once I tried to cheat a bit and I immediately was caught.

I have the game sealed and didn't want to open it. So I scanned the front cover and back cover, but online I could only find pictures of the Canadian release (?) for the Bonus DVD and game disc. Since the DVD is identical to the American release and the extra items are the important ones to be pictured (the game disc is just a space filler), I indeed cheated. I noticed the F in the SLUS number but I thought who will notice it anyway. I should have known that YOU will notice it.

I'll correct it as soon as I get good scans of the game disc and DVD. Promise! btw, there are only a few (5) pics I I obtained from online, and they are all correct (American releases) and pretty good quality. To get pics online of the rather obscure extra items like cards or sticker sheets is impossible anyway, and the RPG list is the only one where you can find them.

So I can't give you the PDSS number on the Fullmetal 2 disc. Just out of curiosity and lack of knowledge: what is the meaning of the PDSS numbers, and in which way are they important for collecting?
    Last edited by lendelin; 07-24-2008 at 01:43 PM.