Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete RPG List for the PS2 - Updated 2017

Insert Coin (Level 0) eternalblue81's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lendelin View Post
    Can you remember if the cover was a removable lenticular card? or 'just' a cover variation of the game? If it was a removable insert then it should be in the list for extra content..
    I couldn't really tell because the games were in Best Buy's security cases.

Your cover variation of Growlanser Generations is interesting. Never saw this one before. WD is well known for doing cover and disc label variations, though, but I didn't expect to see two different variants for the soundtrack CD as well which are different from mine. If yours are from the deluxe set or special items individually sold or single giveaways, I don't know.
    This is a promo mock-up version that Working Designs made, but wasn't used for the game's release. I remember seeing Vic Ireland (either it's him or some other former WD employee) selling it with explanation in an ebay listing.
    *edit*I found a finished listing for one here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140193250669

Quote Originally Posted by bcks007 View Post
    I think you miss understood me. I don't see a -P on that game disc version of shadow hearts, im not sure if it should or not, i was only asking about it, from other people, who own this 'not for sale' version.
    I can confirm from my copy that the disc simply has SLUS 20347, as does the spine. There isn't any P following the SLUS number on either. The only distinctions seem to be that the cover and instruction book cover both say "Promotional Copy Not for Resale" and the different UPC number.
    Last edited by eternalblue81; 01-30-2008 at 08:54 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A few questions.

Is Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. Special Edition, the only version of greatest hits, or is there a normal version of GH's for this game?

Is there only 1 version of FF11? The pics i seen of it on gamefaqs, say not for resale on the case of the game. Why would it say this, if the only way to get ff11 was with the boxed HD package?
    Are all loose copys i see on ebay, the Not for resale version?

lendelin, thanks for hosting those pics for me. Plus showing your pics you got.

Did you see the other info i post for Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel?, you didn't comment on it, so im not sure..... I really think you should add this one, the PDSS is different..... Everything about it is different. Yes i will get pics eventually for this.

For Growlanser Generations, was the soundtrack pics i posted, different then yours?

My next days off from work, i will my best to get those other items on a scanner, so i can post them.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another question that puzzles my mind.

For the anybody that opened there copy of hack//G.U. Vol. 1//Rebirth. Special Edition, the so called "Terminal Disc", is that a actual ps2 disc, that got a scus, or slus number? Or just some dvd? I really don't know, and would like to know this please.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Questions remaining:

Digimon World 4 without a card? I found a pic (scan) of the backcover on gamefaqs with no card mentioned (I have the card variation), so in all likelihood a relase w/o the card exists. Before i put it in the list I'd like to have more confirmation, though.
    Will this work?
    Last edited by bcks007; 02-02-2008 at 06:27 AM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A few questions.

Is Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. Special Edition, the only version of greatest hits, or is there a normal version of GH's for this game?

Is there only 1 version of FF11? The pics i seen of it on gamefaqs, say not for resale on the case of the game. Why would it say this, if the only way to get ff11 was with the boxed HD package?
    Are all loose copys i see on ebay, the Not for resale version?

lendelin, thanks for hosting those pics for me. Plus showing your pics you got.

Did you see the other info i post for Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel?, you didn't comment on it, so im not sure..... I really think you should add this one, the PDSS is different..... Everything about it is different. Yes i will get pics eventually for this.

For Growlanser Generations, was the soundtrack pics i posted, different then yours?

My next days off from work, i will my best to get those other items on a scanner, so i can post them.
    1. "Marvel Ultimate Alliance Special Edition" with the DVD was only released in the Greatest Hits packaging, and it was the only Greatest Hits release the game got.

2. The Qs about FF11 I cannot answer since I haven't any of them. I'm not interested in MMORPGs although I have the two Everquest games and Monster Hunter. Maybe someone else could?

3. Your two Growlanser Generations soundtrack CDs were both different from mine. (I posted a pic of my CD)

4. I commented on your Broken Angel variation (ironic Canada remark ) It seems that it is an interesting variation but won't make it in the list since it is a Canadian release; it seems that the only extra content is anyway a manual in French; BUT as Oobgarm said, a pic would be nice since he never saw a SLUS number with a "F"; and the guy is much more knowledgeable than I am.

5.THANKS A LOT for the additional Digimon World picture! I think it is safe now to correct the entry; with the P - slus number and the Digimon series it was very likely that indeed a version w/o the card existed; but I'm very careful to add entries so we can be all assured that it is a reliable list. With the pic from Gamefaqs and your pic now we can be pretty sure that the version w/o the card exists.

Correction in the list "regular cases with extra content:"

05) Digimon World 4. Available in a standard version and in an edition with a card of the Digimon ‘Dorumon’ in clear plastic wrapping. The front covers of the two versions are identical. The edition with extra content has on the back cover “Includes Exclusive Limited Edition Trading Card,” and the SLUS number has an additional ‘P’ at the end. (SLUS 20836P)
    Last edited by lendelin; 01-31-2008 at 02:02 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another question that puzzles my mind.

For the anybody that opened there copy of hack//G.U. Vol. 1//Rebirth. Special Edition, the so called "Terminal Disc", is that a actual ps2 disc, that got a scus, or slus number? Or just some dvd? I really don't know, and would like to know this please.
    It has the SLUS number 21480 in the lower left corner of the front cover. Mine is still sealed, but I guess it is a DVD which can be played on every DVD player.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is a promo mock-up version that Working Designs made, but wasn't used for the game's release. I remember seeing Vic Ireland (either it's him or some other former WD employee) selling it with explanation in an ebay listing.
    *edit*I found a finished listing for one here:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140193250669
    eternalblue81, thanks for the clarification about the cover variation of Growlanser Generations. This cover is indeed tempting, would be nice to have it.
    Last edited by lendelin; 01-31-2008 at 02:01 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It has the SLUS number 21480 in the lower left corner of the front cover. Mine is still sealed, but I guess it is a DVD which can be played on every DVD player.

Awesome, now i really want it since its a official disc. Slus 21480 wasn't taken by another game on sony index, and for some reason they forgot to even list it. Makes me wonder how many others they've missed for ntsc ps2 games. Thats the 3rd "new", but not really, disc they've forgot to list.

In case you don't know about it, its here.
    http://www.sonyindex.com/index.htm

Any chance i can see a pic of the slus 21480? Is the entire case sealed?, or just the terminal disc? If its the case is sealed,can you get a picture of where it says the slus. But if it the terminal disc is the only thing sealed, and it has a disc sleeve or something cool around it, with the slus on it, i would love to see that, please.....
    Last edited by bcks007; 01-31-2008 at 02:02 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awesome, now i really want it since its a official disc. Slus 21480 wasn't taken by another game on sony index, and for some reason they forgot to even list it. Makes me wonder how many others they've missed for ntsc ps2 games. Thats the 3rd "new", but not really, disc they've forgot to list.

In case you don't know about it, its here.
    http://www.sonyindex.com/index.htm

Any chance i can see a pic of the slus 21480? Is the entire case sealed?, or just the terminal disc? If its the case is sealed,can you get a picture of where it says the slus. But if it the terminal disc is the only thing sealed, and it has a disc sleeve or something cool around it, with the slus on it, i would love to see that, please.....
    Thanks a lot for the link to the site, I didn't know about it. This is very helpful indeed!!

Here are pics from the Terminal Disc, still had scans of it since I sold three sets on ebay awhile back.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice Pics, btw that picture i linked for Digimon World 4, the without the card version, i managed to win that copy on ebay today. So in a few days, i can confirm its slus and pdss, and all that good stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does anybody know if Duel Masters has another version?
    I got a used copy from someone on ebay, it was in a double cd case, that included a limited edition dvd for this game.
    The extra dvd, is not a official ps2 disc with slus code. It has tips on how to play the actual video game, kinda like a learn to play this game video.

It seems to have the same artwork as the normal version. My copy was missing its free trading cards though. So i will prolly snag a new version in the future.

Could be another version of this game?, or what?
    This person would have had to take it out of a single cd case, and put it in a double cd case if it wasn't a double cd version of this game. So im unsure about it. Maybe other people have this limited edition dvd aswell.
    For the sake of consistency, collecting aspects, and for the non-completionists who still want to make sure that they have everything included in the original release, I added entries to the category 'Regular cases With Extra Content.'

If you have information about different versions of the following games (that means standard releases without the 'extra' content), please let us know. Also please shout, scream, and trample with your feet if you know about other games which came with extra content in regular cases.

07) Duel Masters. Sold only in this edition with extra content. Includes a pack of ten cards in gold wrapping.
    I picked up Duel Masters today new for $4.99 at Best Buy. It does not say Limited Edition on the front or the back, nor is the Booster Pack included as with the Limited Edition. SLUS 20924

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by esquire View Post
    I picked up Duel Masters today new for $4.99 at Best Buy. It does not say Limited Edition on the front or the back, nor is the Booster Pack included as with the Limited Edition. SLUS 20924
    Thanks a lot for paying such close attention! These kind of contributions (like the ones from bcks007, eternalblue and many others) make the list better and reliable! (Thinking about it, slowly I found this list impressive myself thanks to all the corrections and informations we got.)

Correction:

07) Duel Masters. Available in a standard edition and in a limited edition with a pack of ten cards in gold wrapping. The version with extra content has “Limited Edition” and “Free Booster Pack Inside!” on the front cover. The SLUS number (20924) is the same for both versions.

There we have a premium edition w/o the additional P in the SLUS number.

I have seen so many times Duel Masters very cheap but never paid attention to the two versions until I added the cases with extra content to the list. I guess it is time to grab this version as well. At least it is one of the cheapest RPGs around together with Suikoden Tactics and one of the Arc the Lads.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by esquire View Post

Awesome, is there any way you could get us a pic of the box front, and back, and disc?
    Can you let us know the upc for it? Maybe its different then the upc for limited edition version, will make it easier to track down if it is.
    Can you check your disc for the pdss on the rim?(6 digits) I wanna compare it to the limited edition version of the disc.

I checked ebay last night for any copys of the normal version that you got, but couldn't find any, there was a lot of stock photos though, so it could be there, just not visible.

This still doesn't explain where i got that extra cd from.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's another possible add, "Swashbucklers: Blue vs. Grey"

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/838/838459p1.html

Categorized as an action adventure RPG. The premise looks good, but the reviews are not.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got my copy in today, i can confirm its, Digimon World 4: SLUS 20836 (the no card version) Just need the other now.....

Anybody got a pic of the newly found Duel Masters variant?=to make noise so someone actually answers this question, possibly the person who made this claim......

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Time for some new info.

I just found out about this site, http://www.rfgeneration.com/
    So i checked its Canada section hoping to find info on Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel the Canada version, but didn't find anything usefull, until i saw this.

The Canadian version of Front Mission 4.
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...-072-S-06541-A
    The disc pic,
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/g...-S-06541-A.jpg

Normal usa version,
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...-072-S-06540-A

If you notice the Part #: SLUS-20888-F, and different artwork, mainly French words. Different UPC also then the usa version.

So i hope people believe me about the Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel version now.

Also there seems to be 2099 total results for Canada ps2 games, and 2094 total results for usa ps2 games. So Canada has at least 5 other different releases that the usa didn't get, and 6 when you count Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel.
    Its gonna take awhile to search through all the lists to find the French games and what the other 4 released Canada games are. If anybody has some spare time to do that, please post those 4 Canada only games here, please.

lendelin, so will you add Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel, and Front Mission 4 to the variants section now?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here is a tad more info then esquire provided for Duel Masters.
    Duel Masters,
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...-072-S-10690-A
    Sadly no pics of it.

Duel Masters [Limited Edition], in case you want to compare numbers.
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...-072-S-11150-A

lendelin can you ask esquire, to post a picture of this? He doesn't seem to respond to anything i ask him about this game.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Final Fantasy X-2 got a Canada release.

usa version,
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...-072-S-03930-A

canada version, SLUS-20672-F
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...-072-S-03931-A

disc,
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/g...-S-03931-A.jpg

And so did Final Fantasy X, wtf surprise.

usa version,
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...-072-S-03920-A

canada version, SLUS-20312-F
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...-072-S-03921-A

The disc for some reason doesn't have the -F on it, or it could be a wrong link, but here is a back cover pic, that clearly shows its french. It could also not have a -F because they hadn't decided to do that on canada games yet, its cleary different then other canada variants.
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/g...-S-03921-A.jpg

Star Trek: Conquest, is also another Canada released game, its not a rpg, i know, just thought i would share the knowledge.
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...-072-S-16141-A

Twisted Metal Head-On: Extra Twisted Edition, also appears to have a canada version. Never seen the usa pic of the case, so im not 100% sure on this one.
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...-072-S-16311-A
    Last edited by bcks007; 02-19-2008 at 07:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lendelin: I saw your other thread regarding your complete collection. I almost there myself, but I am not going to be collecting duplicates such as regular edition and a limited edition, just the LE.

Anyways, when I saw your pics, I noticed something strnage about your "Stella Deus" Artwork. It is completely different than mine, and I don't believe I've ever seen yours. Your artwork of course has 1 character on the cover with the title in the middle. Mine has 7 characters surrounding each other with the title at the top. I've only seen it this way before. Did you buy yours online, perhaps from an overseas seller or from Canada.

BTW, mine has a SLUS 21132 designation.

Here's what mine looks like:

FYI, if you want my standard edition Duel Masters, let me know as I bought a LE version brand new on ebay. I also have the standard version of Digimon World 4, w/o the card, but I am going to hold onto that until I can find the one with the card. But that can be yours too if you are interested down the road.

BCKS007: I haven't responded as I have been real busy at work and the last thing I have is time to take a picture (my camera is crappy), upload it and post it here. If I have time this weekend, I'll try to do it along with my Stella Deus.

MYSTERY SOLVED: The artwork of Stella Deus can be inverted/reveresed. Lendelin's version must have been bought used and the prior owner reversed thee artwork.
    Last edited by esquire; 02-22-2008 at 10:05 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Final Fantasy X-2 got a Canada release.

usa version,
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...-072-S-03930-A

canada version, SLUS-20672-F
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...-072-S-03931-A

disc,
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/g...-S-03931-A.jpg

And so did Final Fantasy X, wtf surprise.

usa version,
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...-072-S-03920-A

canada version, SLUS-20312-F
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...-072-S-03921-A

The disc for some reason doesn't have the -F on it, or it could be a wrong link, but here is a back cover pic, that clearly shows its french. It could also not have a -F because they hadn't decided to do that on canada games yet, its cleary different then other canada variants.
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/g...-S-03921-A.jpg

Star Trek: Conquest, is also another Canada released game, its not a rpg, i know, just thought i would share the knowledge.
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...-072-S-16141-A

Twisted Metal Head-On: Extra Twisted Edition, also appears to have a canada version. Never seen the usa pic of the case, so im not 100% sure on this one.
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...-072-S-16311-A
    Thanks for all the work you invested and let us know these interesting variants. However, the list covers only AMERICAN RELEASES, therefore They shouldn't be included in the list from page 1.

However, I'm very sure Oobgarm and many others are very interested. In a post in this thread you you could make a complete list like the original one, and you could periodically update it.

I still haven't found Xenosaga 3 with the BB lenticular card, one day we will and can confirm it.