Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete RPG List for the PS2 - Updated 2017

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by esquire View Post
    FYI, if you want my standard edition Duel Masters, let me know as I bought a LE version brand new on ebay. I also have the standard version of Digimon World 4, w/o the card, but I am going to hold onto that until I can find the one with the card. But that can be yours too if you are interested down the road.
    Thanks so much for the offer. I really appreciate it. I'm certainly interested. Could you send me a PM, and then we can make the deal?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's another possible add, "Swashbucklers: Blue vs. Grey"

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/838/838459p1.html

Categorized as an action adventure RPG. The premise looks good, but the reviews are not.
    Lendelin: See above. You never responded. I think you are short one game on the list - Swashbuckers - Blue vs. Grey.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lendelin: See above. You never responded. I think you are short one game on the list - Swashbuckers - Blue vs. Grey.
    Sorry for the delayed response. I remember looking the game up when you posted about it.

Dang, that is really a tough call. I read the review carefully, but are there enough RPG elements in there? Might be indeed a game for the borderline category. Maybe someone who has played it can shed light on this?

I keep the game in mind for the list and made a note.

In any case, THANKS for the info. I completely overlooked the game, and I'll buy it for sure despite its bad review grades. Unusual stuff like we get sometimes for a console at the end of its life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    hush316

this is a fantastic list i have something to work off im just glad some of these titles made it to the land downunder
    keep up the good work

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is any of the Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 1-3 rpgs? I've never played any of them, i doubt they are. They look more like fighting games.

But the Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles and Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles 2, kinda look like rpgs. Someone who's played them or looked into them more, should deiced. It has hit points, but other then that, i know nothing about it.

Now for a rpg, everyone has over looked, that came out this month!!, I think its still a rpg, unless the formula of this game has changed for its 3rd ps2 game.

Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon (Special Edition)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/image/937373.html

Persona 3: FES also got announced today, i wonder if there will be 2 version of FES, like in japan. Anybody know??

Insert Coin (Level 0) fuchikoma's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcks007 View Post
    i wonder if there will be 2 version of FES, like in japan. Anybody know??
    Nope, just one. No limited edition either.
    MAX 330 MEGA
    PRO-GEAR SPEC

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is any of the Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 1-3 rpgs? I've never played any of them, i doubt they are. They look more like fighting games.

But the Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles and Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles 2, kinda look like rpgs. Someone who's played them or looked into them more, should deiced. It has hit points, but other then that, i know nothing about it.
    Nah, the Uzemaki Chronicles seem to have even a bit less of RPG elements to them than other action games with slight RPG elements to give them more flavor. If we'd include them all the games in the Onimusha and Devil May Cry series have to be included as well. (but again, there is character growth, buying skill possibilities, and attributable skills, which shows again how often gameplay elements are used traditionally attributed to RPGs)

Now for a rpg, everyone has over looked, that came out this month!!, I think its still a rpg, unless the formula of this game has changed for its 3rd ps2 game.

Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon (Special Edition)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/image/937373.html
    Thanks so much for the heads up. I overlooked it completely. I'll add it. Together with the upcoming four releases I think posting my pics was pre-mature.

Added to the regular list:

Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon. Special Edition.* Natsume, Natsume, 2/12/08.

Just a quick informative summary about upcoming releases:

Baroque.* Sting, Atlus, 3/18/08.
    Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis. Gust, NIS America, 3/18/08.
    Chaos Wars.* Idea Factory, 0-3 Entertainment, 3/18/08.
    Persona 3 Fes.* Atlus, Atlus, 4/22/08.

I'll be on the lokout for published guides for these games.

Persona 3: FES also got announced today, i wonder if there will be 2 version of FES, like in japan. Anybody know??
    So far I know there will be only one, the last Japanese one. Atlus announced recently that it will be a double disc release (the original Persona 3 and Fes). Good news about the price: MSRP $29.99.
    Last edited by lendelin; 03-01-2008 at 12:35 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just a heads up:

METAL SAGA and STEAMBOT CHRONICLES are $14.99 (new) at GS/EBGames,
    not online, b&m only.

Not as good as the TRUS sale a year and a half ago go when both games were $9.99, but still a good deal.
    Last edited by lendelin; 02-28-2008 at 11:12 AM.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmmm...

Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis.* Gust, NIS America, 3/18/08.

Why do these all have the same release day? Isn't that odd? Is it odd also that we are not hearing about any releases later in the year?

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Chaos Wars hasn't even been officially announced by O~3 Entertainment yet, so that date is just what GameStop is pulling out of their ass. They've been doing that for a long time and just delaying it over and over as necessary. While it may ship on the 18th, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets canned altogether, but I'm hoping it won't.

Where did that date for Mana Khemia come from? o_O GameStop says the 31st, and NIS America is saying late March.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thought i would mention i found 2 more Canada releases. 1 is a rpg, the other is not. Just wanted the Canada rpg list to be more complete.

Samurai Legend Musashi (not sure why its not called, Musashi: Samurai Legend)

http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...-072-S-07941-A

Plus this not rpg, Lego Star Wars.

http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...-072-S-06821-A

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lendelin View Post

Just a quick informative summary about upcoming releases:

Persona 3 Fes.* Atlus, Atlus, 4/22/08.

I'll be on the lokout for published guides for these games.

http://rosenqueen.com/index.asp?Page...ROD&ProdID=230

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I removed the asterisk from the Mana Khemia title.

I pre-ordered the special collector's box for the game from Rosenqueen, but forgot about the guide from Doublejump. THANKS!
    Last edited by lendelin; 03-01-2008 at 12:43 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuken View Post

Why do these all have the same release day? Isn't that odd?
    The release dates have to be taken with a grain of salt. Baroque is scheduled for mid-March, Mana Khemia's release dates range from mid-March to the end of March according to different sources (NIS says late March), and with Chaos Wars we have to wait and see. Could be mid March, could be one or two months later, could be that it won't be released. Persona 3 Fes is scheduled for the second half in April.

The release dates for these games aren't hammered in stone. These titles aren't exactly Halo 3 for which release dates for the publisher are very important because gamers will stand in line to get them on release day.

The exact dates are just for me to be on top of things for the list.

Is it odd also that we are not hearing about any releases later in the year?
    You never know, but I guess this might be the last wave of RPGs for the PS2. We might get one or two more later this year.
    Last edited by lendelin; 03-01-2008 at 12:49 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To announce an addition to the list of Deluxe Sets:

I added pictures for the deluxe packages and cardboard boxes with their various special items. The highlighted link to the pictures for each game is after the text for the title in the list "Deluxe packages and Cardboard Boxes with Extra Content."

The pictures aren't intended to archive the contents of the games with downloadable 2MB high quality scans for each item; rather, I put several pictures in one big picture so we have an easy visual overview of the box covers, game covers, and in particular the various contents of the deluxe sets.

Nevertheless, I think the pictures have a very good quality and provide an instant and better overview about the deluxe packages than the text. They are intended as a companion to the descriptions.

I thought pictures might be helpful to make sure everything is in collector's packages if bought used. This goes in particular for the Dot hack package and the two Growlansers, but for the others as well.

If some of you (like me) bought in retrospect the PS1 Alundra and Lunar pakages used, you know what I'm talking about. Besides, they are just nice to look at.

The vast majority of the pictures are scans from me. Because some of my games are sealed, I downloaded pictures for Persona 3 (from RPG Fan or RPG Gamer) and Digital Devil Saga for some of the inserts since I could only scan the outer boxes. I used only pictures with very good quality.

Hope you find the addition helpful and enjoyable.
    Last edited by lendelin; 03-08-2008 at 08:49 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carlcarlson View Post
    alright cool. now here's another question. the dds box set has a place for both dds games, but it only came with dds 1 correct? what went in the other slot? I just got a copy of the dds box set and it has this sort of outer sleeve thing advertising dds 2. was that the placeholder, and if so, was anything in it?
    While putting pics up for the Deluxe Sets I remembered this question posted ONE YEAR ago which I couldn't answer becasue I didn't want to open my copy (Was it already one year ago?)

carlcarlson, you were absolutely right. The paper sleeve was indeed the placeholder for Digital Devil Saga 2 in the Collector's Box advertising the game.

Since my copy is still sealed I couldn't make scans, but I came across good quality scans on the web and remebered your question. I added the scans of the front cover (DDS 2) and back cover (Stella Deus) in a second picture link.

BTW, I had no idea how much the price went up for a sealed copy of the box. Last time I checked (some time ago) it was around $80, and now it goes from $130 to $150.

I'm glad I didn't open it, and I'm glad I got it for ten dollars 3 years ago. I want to play Nocturne first anyway.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

...the so called "Terminal Disc", is that a actual ps2 disc, that got a scus, or slus number? Or just some dvd? I really don't know, and would like to know this please.
    In the process of putting the scans up for the pictures of the special edition sets, I read on the back cover of the box that the disc is indeed a "Playstation 2 system exclusive disc." I guess I should read the covers of the box sets once in awhile. That's probably the reason it got a SLUS number. I'm glad that I remembered your question from some time ago.

bcks007, I put for Growlanser Generations the soundtrack CD variants you provided on a pic and linked to it. (links are in the list for the Deluxe Sets) I put also on the same picture a game cover variant, and some pictures of pre-order goodies WD gave out if the box set was directly ordered from them.

Unfortunately, I forgot one game cover variant. While loking for your old post, I came across the rare cover you and eternalblue81 mentioned. I'll put the pic up and link to it as well.

The rare cover variant wasn't used in the deluxe set. But it would be interesting to know if the third variant pictured ("Pictures2" - link in the list) was used in the deluxe set or if it was only sold as a stand-alone game.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm, i don't quite understand. Where did the pictures from your Pictures2 link come from? I don't think I've ever seen them.

Did you get your Duel Masters. Limited Edition yet?
    I've not found a copy on ebay, and im dieing to see what it looks like, and know its upc, so i can ask other sellers who are using stock photos for it.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm, i don't quite understand. Where did the pictures from your Pictures2 link come from? I don't think I've ever seen them.

Did you get your Duel Masters. Limited Edition yet?
    I've not found a copy on ebay, and im dieing to see what it looks like, and know its upc, so i can ask other sellers who are using stock photos for it.
    I have the Cover variant form Mobygames. The link is

http://www.mobygames.com/game/ps2/gr...tion/cover-art

I've never seen it either. It is either very rare, or in the end just from a promo advertising or maybe GG has a dual-sided cover like Magna Carta and Stella Deus? My copy is still sealed, so if you or someone else has an opened copy and could check would be great. Maybe it was pre-mature to picture it as a cover variant.

I have the Dual Masters Limited Edition (opened), I'm missing the regular version. If you need information about the Limited Edition let me know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I just checked my copy of Growlanser Generations and yes it does have a reversible cover with that picture. The picture is also the cover of the instuction booklet as well.

I didn't notice Xenosaga III listed as having variations. However, it does have a cover variation that I saw at Best Buy upon its release. It's the same cover art as every other copy but it was one of those "poor mans holograms". I don't know what they are actually called but its one of those "bumpy" or "ridged" surfaces and as you turn it side to side the image shifts or changes.
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?