Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete RPG List for the PS2 - Updated 2017

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith Storm View Post
    I just checked my copy of Growlanser Generations and yes it does have a reversible cover with that picture. The picture is also the cover of the instuction booklet as well.
    Thanks so much for clearing that up! I corrected the description of the pic. To declare this a variant was certainly premature.

I didn't notice Xenosaga III listed as having variations. However, it does have a cover variation that I saw at Best Buy upon its release. It's the same cover art as every other copy but it was one of those "poor mans holograms". I don't know what they are actually called but its one of those "bumpy" or "ridged" surfaces and as you turn it side to side the image shifts or changes.
    We discussed that in the thread, I believe it exists, but to put it officially in the list of regular cases with extra content I'd like to verify it with a pic. (see above)

I made a note of it, ready to go

15) Xenosaga Episode III: Also Sprach Zarathustra. Available in a standard version and in an edition with a special front cover exclusively distributed by the retailer Best Buy. The lenticular card is a removable insert on top of the regular cover and has the character T-Elos pictured.

I asked at a local Best Buy, but the game cannot be ordered anymore. If any of you has this version with the lenticular card, please let us know with a pic.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lendelin View Post
    I have the Cover variant form Mobygames. The link is

http://www.mobygames.com/game/ps2/gr...tion/cover-art

I've never seen it either. It is either very rare, or in the end just from a promo advertising or maybe GG has a dual-sided cover like Magna Carta and Stella Deus? My copy is still sealed, so if you or someone else has an opened copy and could check would be great. Maybe it was pre-mature to picture it as a cover variant.

I have the Dual Masters Limited Edition (opened), I'm missing the regular version. If you need information about the Limited Edition let me know.

For Duel Masters, i thought you made a deal to get the newly found version? I have the common limited edition already, i want to see the uncommon one.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcks007 View Post
    For Duel Masters, i thought you made a deal to get the newly found version? I have the common limited edition already, i want to see the uncommon one.
    Sorry, I misunderstood.

Nah, still haven't made the deal for the standard Duel Masters, I was so incredibly busy last week. But I sent a pm, so I hope the deal will take place and I'll get it soon.

Insert Coin (Level 0) debian4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow...you really did your homework. Great listing and very informative.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jupitersj
    PSN
    jupitersj

Quote Originally Posted by lendelin View Post
    Thanks for all the work you invested and let us know these interesting variants. However, the list covers only AMERICAN RELEASES, therefore They shouldn't be included in the list from page 1.

However, I'm very sure Oobgarm and many others are very interested. In a post in this thread you you could make a complete list like the original one, and you could periodically update it.

I still haven't found Xenosaga 3 with the BB lenticular card, one day we will and can confirm it.
    When Xenosaga 3 came out I picked it up at multiple stores so I could get the telos artbook plus the BB lenticular card cover. I don't have a gamecrazy near me so I couldn't get the poster however. If you need a picture of the BB Lenticular cover let me know; I can provide that for you.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jupitersj View Post
    When Xenosaga 3 came out I picked it up at multiple stores so I could get the telos artbook plus the BB lenticular card cover. I don't have a gamecrazy near me so I couldn't get the poster however. If you need a picture of the BB Lenticular cover let me know; I can provide that for you.
    GREAT! Thanks so much!! You could post a pic in this thread. If you can't, let me know and I'll give you my email address in a pm.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For those of you who are interested in downloading the pics for the deluxe sets: I added and changed some of the pics.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I finally found a pic and auction for it. Its out of my price range at the moment, so snatch it up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Xenosaga-Episode...ayphotohosting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jupitersj
    PSN
    jupitersj

I'll post in and out front and back pics later tonight or tomorrow as I have to head to work in a few.. sorry i didn't earlier i forgot XD

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I finally found a pic and auction for it. Its out of my price range at the moment, so snatch it up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Xenosaga-Episode...ayphotohosting
    Thanks again for the link! With these pics and now three different sources it is safe to put the game in the list of regular cases with extra content.

Added:

16) Xenosaga Episode III: Also Sprach Zarathustra. Available in a standard version and in an edition with a lenticular cover exclusively distributed by the retailer Best Buy. The lenticular cover is a removable insert on top of the regular cover and has the character T-Elos pictured.

I'm sure I will go after it for $99. It's a bargain.

The prices for other games this guy has listed are borderline criminal. That's not just chuzpe anymore. $99 for GRAN TURISMO 4??? $99 for Star Ocean and Digital Devil Saga 2???...and Final Fantasy X-2 still in bargain bins for $10 is certainly a deal for $50. Holy schmoly!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jupitersj View Post
    I'll post in and out front and back pics later tonight or tomorrow as I have to head to work in a few.. sorry i didn't earlier i forgot XD
    Thanks, not necessary anymore for verification, BUT it would be great to have good quality pics of the cover!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lendelin did you buy that copy on ebay? I would have gladly bought it if i had $100 to spend.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great list. I know making a public RPG list is difficult because everyone has a slightly different definition of what an RPG is, but this is the best list I've seen.

If you're including Warriors of Might and Magic in the borderline category (I would include it with the RPG's, but I understand why I'm in the minority on this one), you should probably include Shifters as well. It's a sequel of sorts to Warriors, and has basically the same gameplay.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hmm... another srpg? It seems those really increased in popularity in the ps2 era.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lendelin did you buy that copy on ebay? I would have gladly bought it if i had $100 to spend.
    Are you kidding me? This price is absolutely wacko.

Let's put it diplomatically: I wouldn't pay $100 for Suikoden II not to mention Xenosaga 3 with a card on top of the cover. I'm a cheapskate, I have to be because I want too many games.

I'm patient, one day I'll get the little thing for sure for MUCH less!!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carlcarlson View Post
    hmm... another srpg? It seems those really increased in popularity in the ps2 era.
    With the success of Disgaea and Phantom Brave we have so many SRPGs for the PS2 like there is on no other console. I think they are around 15.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    Seems indeed it will get a release. Strange is that the publisher O3Entertainment hasn't the game mentioned on its website. LINK

Baroque got pushed back awhile ago to April.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oremites View Post
    Great list. I know making a public RPG list is difficult because everyone has a slightly different definition of what an RPG is, but this is the best list I've seen.
    Thanks, glad you find it helpful. We tried to be as inclusionary as possible.

If you are interested in a discussion about RPGs:

THIS is a bragging-rights thread but developed into a discussion about the definition of a RPG.

However, THIS is the appropriate thread started by Daria where you could post about your own essential categories of a RPG.

If you're including Warriors of Might and Magic in the borderline category (I would include it with the RPG's, but I understand why I'm in the minority on this one), you should probably include Shifters as well. It's a sequel of sorts to Warriors, and has basically the same gameplay.
    Thanks for the proposal, I appreciate it. You are on to something here, I overlooked Shifters completely. Although it seems to have less RPG elements (more linearity) than Warriors of Might and Magic and goes into the direction of a straight hack-n-slash dungeon crawler, it should be probably included in the borderline category because of its strong RPG background.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I thought about putting more games in the borderline category thanks to proposals in this thread and other threads.

Gimme your thoughts if they should be included.

Deus Ex: The Conspiracy
    Everblue 2 (that's my dangerous proposal )
    Fallout Brotherhood of Steel
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Shifters
    Swashbucklers: Blue vs. Grey
    Last edited by lendelin; 03-17-2008 at 09:54 PM.