Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete RPG List for the PS2 - Updated 2017

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pooch View Post
    Here you go, I think this is the list that I found sometime ago, seems like your list is much more update than this one:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...read.id=345670
    Good list, thanks for the link! -- but nothing we missed and there are inconsistencies and some dates wrong, but not a bad list at all. I'm glad that our list is still the best, most informative, and most reliable out there.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    I don't think it's a matter of shoveling out crap since I feel the stuff Atlus and Nippon Ichi localize is usually at least competent. It's more a matter of the developers putting in simply the bare minimum amount of effort into each subsequent release. And then the fans reinforce that by rushing to buy the games on day one without so much as waiting to get any impressions on the game, and then salivating over each mediocre release just as much as the titles that do deserve such attention.

It's got nothing to do with me not liking the genre either because I adore RPGs and play them predominantly. I love Atlus and Nippon Ichi, and I can have fun with just about any of their games, even if they don't leave a lasting impact. However, I think I've been playing RPGs long enough to realize that plenty of them aren't remarkable in any shape or form and don't deserve the praise and the sales that they get from young kids that are so closed-minded about games that they won't play anything that's not an RPG and will thusly worship any and every RPG that comes out. If I can tell that a game from the aforementioned companies is great, I'll buy it at the full MSRP, like Etrian Odyssey and Person 3: FES, but the other stuff doesn't warrant a pre-order. I'll buy used or on clearance for those.
    I think you are both right. There is nothing wrong with late releases for a system because even some cheap B-Titles are sometimes surprises and turn out decent to good games, and certainly there is nothing wrong with having options in a game library. On the other hand these are mostly cheap titles in price and quality, and the good games (like Disgaea 3) switch to the newer consoles.

...and noone anyway complained about Persona 4 getting a late release.

Overall I think the RPGs we got in 2008 and the ones still scheduled are pretty impressive for late releases of a last gen console.

Here are the games I know of sheduled for the PS2:

Eternal Poison (November, includes soundtrack CD, a strategy RPG published by Atlus)
    Ar Tonelico 2 (December)
    SMT Persona 4 (December, includes soundtrack CD)
    Last edited by lendelin; 08-25-2008 at 08:54 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I added to the regular list:

Shepherd’s Crossing.* Success, Valcon Games, 8/19/08.
    Falling Stars.* Ivolgamus, Agetec, 8/26/08.

Shepherd's Crossing was released already last week and flew completely under the radar. Until today I didn't know about it. It seems to be a cute Harvest Moon clone. Like Falling Stars (released tomorrow) it is sold for $14.99. No guides for both games.

...btw, does someone know if Persona 4 will get a guide from Doublejump?
    Last edited by lendelin; 08-25-2008 at 08:56 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oremites View Post
    A lot of PS2 RPG news lately:

Eternal Poison, an SRPG, to be released by Atlus in November
    Ar Tonelico 2 officially announced for December
    Disgaea and Odin Sphere set for Greatest Hits releases.

The PS2 has a lot of life left in her yet.
    Thanks so much for the heads up! I didn't know that Odin Sphere and Disgaea are scheduled for a Greatest Hits release.

After FIVE (!) years of its release Disgaea will become a Greatest Hits title, a surprise for sure. This policy doesn't make sense to me.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lendelin, did you get Shepherd’s Crossing already? If so, i would love to know the slus for it please.

For those 2 new GH games coming out, i also heard that Okami and Maximo vs. Army of Zin, will also be a GH on or around the same time both those other 2 GH games come out. I guess i should do some fact checking, just going off what the word was when news of disgaea and odin spread around.
    Maximo vs. Army of Zin is pretty old too.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lendelin, I noticed from your topic for all the ps2 rpgs you own, that the The Legend of Alon D'ar was a tad different then i had seen before. Is that a sticker on the case? or is that on the plastic if its still sealed? If its not a sticker, is it part of the artwork? This is a game i don't own yet, so im just making sure it doesn't have variants. Also what does the yellow circle thing say?

Also i didn't see any pictures for,
    Arc the Lad: End of Darkness,
    Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits,
    Baroque,
    Falling Stars,
    Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon. Special Edition,
    Romancing SaGa,
    Shepherd’s Crossing,
    Unlimited Saga.

Plus, .hack//G.U. Vol. 1//Rebirth, and Growlanser: Generations, the normal versions.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lendelin, did you die?

I went to a few stores today, and saw greatest hits for Okami, Maximo vs. Army of Zin, and Disgaea... Still did not see Odin Sphere (GH) yet. I almost bought disgaea and okami (GH), but instead went with a few cheap ps2 games and Yakuza 2.

Pretzel (Level 4) LiquidPolicenaut's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    LiquidSnake2047

Well, apparently, we can add one more game to this list...Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. According to The MagicBox, Square Enix decided to finally release the game here in the US and it will be released Q4 2008. I've always wanted to play the 3D remake of this but was losing hope that it would ever be released here. Thank you SE! I now have this and Persona 4 to play through in December
    Mika: Where are you taking me, Gillian?
    Gillian: To look at videos on YouTube...
    Mika: *sigh* No more videos of a drunk Harry dancing with a dead Snatcher...
    Giliian: Nope, it's better...Its LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos!
    Gillian: And after that, you should also visit
    The Policenauts Paradise and Snatcher Shrine

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcks007 View Post
    lendelin, did you die?

I went to a few stores today, and saw greatest hits for Okami, Maximo vs. Army of Zin, and Disgaea... Still did not see Odin Sphere (GH) yet. I almost bought disgaea and okami (GH), but instead went with a few cheap ps2 games and Yakuza 2.

Sorry to respond so late but I'm out of the country (in Germany, at home where I enjoy very much long missed GERMAN FOOD ) I'll answer the questions when I'm back in a couple of days.... btw I have Shepherd's Crossing and Falling Stars)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lendelin, did you die?

Added to the Greatest Hits list:

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness

Let me know when you see the GH version of Odin Sphere...unfortunately Sony doesn't update their official GH list anymore for some time now

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lendelin, did you get Shepherd’s Crossing already? If so, i would love to know the slus for it please.
    I'm back stuffed like a Turkey with good German food.

The SLUS for Shepherd's Crossing is 21798; for Falling Stars it is 21734.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lendelin, I noticed from your topic for all the ps2 rpgs you own, that the The Legend of Alon D'ar was a tad different then i had seen before. Is that a sticker on the case? or is that on the plastic if its still sealed? If its not a sticker, is it part of the artwork? This is a game i don't own yet, so im just making sure it doesn't have variants. Also what does the yellow circle thing say?
    I bought it used and the sticker is on the case, not on the shrinkwrap. It is not a variant. Usually I remove stickers; but this one 'belongs' to the game from the publisher Ubisoft and for the sake of authenticity I left it on the case.

The sticker says "RPG Giveaway!" and I suspect every game had it because it refers to a foldout ad in the case. The ad is a 'buy 2, get 1 free' deal. If you bought two games from the three titles Grandia II, Jade Cocoon 2, or Alon d'Ar, you got the third one for free by sending in a proof of purchase.

If the other two titles had it I can't say for sure since I bought them used. I checked my copies and none of them had the sticker or the ad in the case.

Also i didn't see any pictures for,
    Arc the Lad: End of Darkness,
    Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits,
    Baroque,
    Falling Stars,
    Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon. Special Edition,
    Romancing SaGa,
    Shepherd’s Crossing,
    Unlimited Saga.

Plus, .hack//G.U. Vol. 1//Rebirth, and Growlanser: Generations, the normal versions.
    I didn't purchase yet Baroque and Innocent Life. I have Falling Stars and Shepherd's Crossing but didn't post the pics yet; but all the other games are there.

dot hack doesn't have a standard version. The game in the deluxe set is identical with the standard version; therefore I didn't post a pic of the game case. (the only game in a deluxe set different from the standard version is FF XII, if you have the deluxe sets for the other titles you don't need to bother with another purchase)

We have to clear up Growlanser Generations. If the labels of the two discs are different and exclusive to the stand-alone game and the game in the set then we'd have indeed two versions for this game. I'll post pics of the labels soon and maybe we can answer this question.
    Last edited by lendelin; 09-18-2008 at 05:49 AM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidPolicenaut View Post
    Well, apparently, we can add one more game to this list...Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. According to The MagicBox, Square Enix decided to finally release the game here in the US and it will be released Q4 2008. I've always wanted to play the 3D remake of this but was losing hope that it would ever be released here. Thank you SE! I now have this and Persona 4 to play through in December
    Thanks for the heads up!

Update of upcoming releases:

Eternal Poison (November, includes soundtrack CD, a strategy RPG)
    Ar Tonelico 2 (December)
    SMT Persona 4 (December, includes soundtrack CD)
    Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Quote Originally Posted by lendelin View Post
    Let me know when you see the GH version of Odin Sphere...unfortunately Sony doesn't update their official GH list anymore for some time now
    Go ahead and add it. We got some at Best Buy, streeted for 9/11 for some reason. I didn't know they were streeting their GH re-releases.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm View Post
    Go ahead and add it. We got some at Best Buy, streeted for 9/11 for some reason. I didn't know they were streeting their GH re-releases.
    Thanks for the heads up! I added Odin Sphere to the GH list. Could you confirm the SLUS number (21577GH) since I don't have the GH version?

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Yep. One of the first things I looked at, actually.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Interesting: Mana Khemia will be re-released as a stand-alone game on October 28. Amazon presents it as a new release. (seen here Amazon) I'll make a note of that in the list for deluxe sets.

As a rehash - these titles will come out in November and December:

Eternal Poison. Flight-Plan, Atlus, 11/11/08.
    Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4. Atlus, Atlus, 12/9/08.
    Ar Tonelico 2: Melody of Metafalica. Gust, NIS America, 12/9/08.

Each of them comes with a soundtrack CD. Ar Tonelico 2 has additionally an artbook. All of them seem to be sold in regular cases.

Pre-order bonus items are offered by Rosenqueen for Ar Tonelico 2 (additional soundtrack CD and additional artbook) and by Amazon for Eternal Poison (artbook).

So far I haven't seen guides for these games. While SMT Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 didn't receive a guide, Devil Summoner, Nocturne, and Persona 3 got guides from Doublejump. There is no scheduled guide for Persona 4.
    Last edited by lendelin; 10-06-2008 at 08:09 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just a heads up.

Baroque for the PS2 is sold by Amazon (Deal of the Day) for $16.98. The Wii version goes for the same price.

LINK

Might be a general price drop to $20. If you can find it at Gamestop used and use the 20% coupon plus 10% edge card it is even cheaper.

...but $17 for a new game of this kind is certainly a good deal.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lendelin View Post
    As a rehash - these titles will come out in November and December:

Eternal Poison. Flight-Plan, Atlus, 11/11/08.
    Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4. Atlus, Atlus, 12/9/08.
    Ar Tonelico 2: Melody of Metafalica. Gust, NIS America, 12/9/08.

Each of them comes with a soundtrack CD. Ar Tonelico 2 has additionally an artbook. All of them seem to be sold in regular cases.

Pre-order bonus items are offered by Rosenqueen for Ar Tonelico 2 (additional soundtrack CD and additional artbook) and by Amazon for Eternal Poison (artbook).
    Interesting. Are they pre-order offers available at GameStop? Or are the bonuses given by these websites only?

Links would be appreciated. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Eternal Poison and Persona 4 both have soundtracks and artbooks. The CDs are in the packages, while the artbooks are pre-order bonuses. Atlus says the bonuses are available from Amazon, GameStop/EB, and Game Crazy.

With Ar Tonelico, you get a CD and artbook in the packaging, but you can get an extra soundtrack from Rosenqueen. Rosenqueen is the only option for that one. They say it's limited to so-so copies, so if you want it, sooner would probably be better than later. I assume the soundtrack is just some item previously available to Japanese consumers. Kinda silly having two soundtracks, though. I don't know why they can't just make one album with all the tracks from the game.

Thanks for the heads up on Baroque, I think I may go for that.

EDIT: The PS2 version of Baroque is showing up as $34.99 for me. o_O Maybe they already blew through however many they were offering at the discount?
    Last edited by Aussie2B; 10-08-2008 at 02:36 PM.