Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete RPG List for the PS2 - Updated 2017

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Yeah, if I remember correctly, it's listed as "Out of Stock" once the supply runs out, and then they'll likely put up pre-orders for just the game without the extra soundtrack.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have questions about cover variants:

I know (or better strongly suspect) that SMT Digital Devil Saga 2 has two covers, the yellow one and the white one. Is this true or is the cover just dual sided? (mine is still sealed so I can't check)

More importantly, does someone of you know if there are more PS2 RPGs with cover variants? (of the standard versions, not for the games already in the special lists, that means for the special edition of FF XII, and the seven games in regular cases with extra content that have mostly two different back covers)

...and also I'd like to know if there are disc label variants and/or manual variants for the games listed. (Growlanser Generations has disc label variants, maybe(!) divided into the deluxe set and standard version) Are there other games?
    Last edited by lendelin; 11-01-2008 at 02:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

DDS 2 does have a double-sided cover. The back image is the same on both.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked up some new rpgs recently.

Shifters
    Chaos Wars
    Eternal Eyes (ps1)
    The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
    Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia (don't even own ff11 with HD yet)
    Legaia 2: Duel Saga
    King's Field (ps1)
    Xenosaga Limited Edition Movie DVD (not a game, but nice)
    Dark Cloud 2
    .hack//G.U. vol. 3//Redemption
    Falling Stars

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carlcarlson View Post
    DDS 2 does have a double-sided cover. The back image is the same on both.
    Does this mean it has different covers (the yellow one and white one) on the two sides? I'm interested if the cover is just dual sided with two different covers (like for Stella Deus, Growlanser Generations, and Magna Carta) or if there are two separate cover variants for the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lendelin View Post
    Does this mean it has different covers (the yellow one and white one) on the two sides? I'm interested if the cover is just dual sided with two different covers (like for Stella Deus, Growlanser Generations, and Magna Carta) or if there are two separate cover variants for the game.
    I'm not sure I understand the difference between those two examples, but either way yes, one side has the yellow cover, the other has the white.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carlcarlson View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the difference between those two examples, but either way yes, one side has the yellow cover, the other has the white.
    Thanks a lot! Well, there was the possibility that the game was sold with two different covers individually; not dual-sided, but sold in two cover variants.

Thanks again for checking!
    Last edited by lendelin; 11-02-2008 at 01:26 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For all of you who are not interested in special editions and missed out on Mana Khemia:

The game got re-released as a stand-alone game for $19.99. Amazon (no taxes, free shipping on orders over $25) has it already in stock.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Electric Blue's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[QUOTE=lendelin;1455583]I have questions about cover variants:

I know (or better strongly suspect) that SMT Digital Devil Saga 2 has two covers, the yellow one and the white one. Is this true or is the cover just dual sided? (mine is still sealed so I can't check)
    [QUOTE]

I have a related question. Are there sealed copies of DDS2 that display both sides of the cover? I own 3 sealed copies of DDS2, and they all have the same side of the cover (I'm at work but I believe it's the "yellow" side that's referred here).

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a related question. Are there sealed copies of DDS2 that display both sides of the cover? I own 3 sealed copies of DDS2, and they all have the same side of the cover (I'm at work but I believe it's the "yellow" side that's referred here).
    My sealed copy has the yellow cover as well. I never saw a sealed one with the white cover.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got lucky and found a copy (new) of Xenosaga III with the Best Buy exclusive lenticular cover. I put pics up of it in the picture section. The only missing picture of all the edition variants is now the little Inuyasha trading card.

The Xenosaga III cover variant is the hardest to find of the edition variants, and not easily to find for a decent normal price.

First it was only distributed by Best Buy for a limited time, and second lots of gamers probably threw the thingie away because it is just a removeable cover on top of the regular cover.

So...if you find it someplace used...grab it!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You still need Growlanser: Generations Deluxe Pack and Growlanser: Generations, game disc pictures for sure.
    Wish i owned either one.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lendelin View Post
    I got lucky and found a copy (new) of Xenosaga III with the Best Buy exclusive lenticular cover. I put pics up of it in the picture section. The only missing picture of all the edition variants is now the little Inuyasha trading card.

The Xenosaga III cover variant is the hardest to find of the edition variants, and not easily to find for a decent normal price.

First it was only distributed by Best Buy for a limited time, and second lots of gamers probably threw the thingie away because it is just a removeable cover on top of the regular cover.

So...if you find it someplace used...grab it!
    Found one at my local Play n' Trade for $15 along with Shadowhearts: Covenant and Front Mission 3.

I'm curious how many of these were distributed?
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Press_Start View Post
    Found one at my local Play n' Trade for $15 along with Shadowhearts: Covenant and Front Mission 3.

I'm curious how many of these were distributed?
    You're lucky, congrats, it is more worth for sure (I'd say around $50). No idea how many were distributed.

It was a Best Buy exclusive, and around a year ago I let one of my local Best Buys check the availability. None of the stores in Wisconsin had one, none online.

I got mine yesterday from Best Buy directly. I never check or hunt games regularly (I'm too lazy), but a week ago I looked for the variant on ebay, one (new) was offered for $95.

Because I was in a good mood I checked Best Buy against all odds. I hadn't seen the thing in a year offered. To my surprise it was listed for $20...so I ordered it. It was unclear if they still sold it with the special cover, I didn't really expect it, otherwise I would have posted the info in this thread. Already two days after I ordered it wasn't listed anymore. Yesterday I got it and indeed it was the lenticular cover variant. Obviously a small number of rest stock appeared.

Sometimes, I guess, everyone gets lucky.
    Last edited by lendelin; 11-10-2008 at 01:13 AM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcks007 View Post
    You still need Growlanser: Generations Deluxe Pack and Growlanser: Generations, game disc pictures for sure.
    Wish i owned either one.
    Ok, I have the pics for some time now. BUT before I post them in the pic section something needs to be cleared up.

IMPORTANT:

I would ask all of you who have GROWLANSER GENERATIONS if you could check your game discs!

The reason is that it might be that the disc label variations are exclusive to the deluxe edition and the standard edition. If this is the case, then we would have indeed a different game from the standard version in the deluxe set and it should be noted in the special listing.

Here are the disc label variations:

In the lower left corner is the SLUS number for each disc. Logically according to the SLUS number for the game, Disc 1 and 2 should be one set, and Disc 3 and 4 should be one set.

Could you please check your discs and tell us which ones you have, and (very important) if you bought the stand alone game or if you got the game in the deluxe set? Also important is if you tell us if you bought the game used or new! (used it might be that the discs got mixed up, or the game was taken out of the deluxe set.)

This would help a lot! Two people who bought the standard edition new and two people who bought the deluxe set new would be enough to clarify if the game in the deluxe set had exclusive labels different from the standard version. However, information about used games is also helpful!

...and if you're very accurate about your games, you can check now if disc labels got mixed up if you bought the game used. Disc 1 and 2 belong together, and so does Disc 3 and 4. If you got 1 and 4, or 2 and 3, then the discs got mixed up.
    Last edited by lendelin; 11-10-2008 at 12:44 AM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Which disc(s) goes to which set?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcks007 View Post
    Which disc(s) goes to which set?
    Ecactly that's the question.

I forgot to mention that my game in the deluxe set which I bought new directly from Working Designs has Disc 1 (20758B, Growlanser Generations II) and Disc 2 (20759B, Growlanser Generations III).

This disc label set (groups of game characters pictured) seems to be the deluxe set labels, while the two 'single girl'-labels (Disc 3 and Disc 4) seem to be exclusive to the stand-alone version. (so it was vaguely presented on the website I got these pics from, but the information is not very reliable).

We can't be sure. It might even be that not only are these labels not exclusive to the deluxe and standard edition, they might have been even sold in all four possible combinations, that means 1 and 2, 1 and 4, 3 and 2, and 3 and 4.

So my assumption that the two discs with 'B" at the end is one set, and the two discs with "A" at the end is another set might not be correct. We just can't be sure unless gamers clear that up since we can't ask Working Designs anymore.
    Last edited by lendelin; 11-10-2008 at 02:49 AM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know alot of Working Designs ps1 games had alot of variants. I do not think that this will be the case for there ps2 games that where made. No other ps2 games have artwork random variants.

Btw, the other 2 Working Designs games for the ps2, Silpheed: The Lost Planet and Gungriffon Blaze, both have a A and B game disc variant. Both games have different artwork on there cds, and different artwork on there cases. From the copys I've seen on ebay, both always match up.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

The WD release of Growlanser has 2 releases. From my understanding, the 'Limited' special version was the 'B' release, the regularly purchased one in stores was the 'A' release, as noted by the disc and inserts SLUS#. I've only got the WD pre-ordered special release, but I do know i've seen the 'A' release on shelves in GameStops.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I have the deluxe set, and it has discs 1 and 2 (the B set). I bought it used, but if I recall correctly, the person I got it from never even played it and the game case itself was still sealed in plastic.