Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete RPG List for the PS2 - Updated 2017

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Press_Start View Post
    Will Rosenqueen do a special pre-order bonus for Persona 4 as they did with Ar Tolenico 2?

Btw, everytime I tried to pay with Paypal, they forget to my apartment on the shipping address. Is anyone having this same problem?
    There is no special pre-order bonus for Persona 4 by Rosenqueen. They sell a set which includes the Doublejump guide (nothing else) for the regular prices of the game and the guide.

Actually, the pre-orders by Amazon and Gamestop are a much better deal. They include an art book which Rosenqueen doesn't offer.

Amazon is by far the best deal. The game is $3 cheaper ($36.99) than the regular price, plus no shipping and no taxes. You get it for around $8 cheaper than from other online retailers and you get the art book. In-store purchases with taxes are also $5 more expensive than the Amazon pre-order.

Never had problems with the shipping address with Rosenqueen online orders.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Do you guys know if the Arc the Lad Collection came into being because of the same pressures over Growlanser...
    Yes, it did.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I need some information.

I am compiling a list of all guides for PS2 RPGs published by DoubleJump.

For the newer Disgaea Compilation guide (covers the PS2, PSP, and DS games) I need 1) the authors listed, and 2) the total page number of the guide.

Would be great if someone of you who has the guide could provide the information.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just ask on doublejump forums, im sure you would get a quicker answer that way.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcks007 View Post
    Just ask on doublejump forums, im sure you would get a quicker answer that way.
    Not worth to register. I get the guide anyway shortly, but moreover I can not even add the list to the original post because the character count exceeds the limit! Too bad.

Well, the lists are certainly long in the meantime, maybe an administrator can make an exception?

I thought a list of the Doublejump guides would be nice because they are special and of particular interest for collectors.

I just do the list as a post.
    Last edited by lendelin; 11-15-2008 at 04:54 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here is a list of the guides published by DoubleJump Books for PS2 RPGs. I cannot add the list to the original post because the character count exceeds the limit.

Noteworthy: Our "own" Daria (RPG maniac and collector, plush collector, cooking oil queen, and a worldly and intelligent woman) appears in the guide for Phantom Brave! (on page 243) In the interview section where RPG fans could ask questions to game designers/publishers she got printed asking if toys or plushies are planned for the game.

E. Strategy Guides by DoubleJump Books

01) Disgaea. Tim Lindquist, Iaian Ross, and Kitty. [Redmond, WA]: DoubleJump Books 2008. 272 Pages. Paperback. Book Format. Note: This is a compilation guide covering three games. "Disgaea: Hour of Darkness" for the PS2, "Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness" for the PSP, and "Disgaea DS" for the Nintendo DS.

02) Disgaea. Hour of Darkness. Tim Lindquist. [Redmond, WA]: DoubleJump Books 2003. 96 Pages. Paperback. Magazine Format.

03) Disgaea. Hour of Darkness. Special Edition. Tim Lindquist. [Redmond, WA]: DoubleJump Books 2003. 96 Pages. Paperback. Magazine Format. Note: This is an update of the original release with new content and with higher quality paper than the original.

04) Disgaea 2. Cursed Memories. Iaian Ross, Kale Harbick, and Alicia Ashby. [Redmond, WA]: DoubleJump Books 2006. 640 Pages. Paperback. Book Format.

05) Makai Kingdom. Chronicles of the Sacred Tome. Iaian Ross, Alicia Ashby, Kale Harbick, and Thomas Wilde. [Redmond, WA]: DoubleJump Books 2005. 244 Pages. Paperback. Book Format.

06) Mana Khemia. Alchemists of Al-Revis. Alicia Ashby & Kitty. [Redmond, WA]: DoubleJump Books 2008. 238 Pages. Paperback. Book Format.

07) Phantom Brave. Kale Harbick, Iaian Ross, and Thomas Wilde. [Redmond, WA]: DoubleJump Books 2004. 244 Pages. Paperback. Book Format.

08) Rogue Galaxy. Iaian Ross, Kale Harbick, and Alicia Ashby. Roseville, CA; [Redmond, WA]: Prima Games; DoubleJump Books 2006. 384 Pages. Paperback. Magazine Format. Note: The guide was co-published by Prima Games.

09) Shin Megami Tensei. Devil Summoner. Iaian Ross, Thomas Wilde, and Elizabeth Ellis. Roseville, CA; [Redmond, WA]: Prima Games; DoubleJump Books 2006. 253 Pages. Paperback. Magazine Format. Note: The guide was co-published by Prima Games.

10) Shin Megami Tensei. Nocturne. [No Authors]. [Redmond, WA]: DoubleJump Books 2004. 388 Pages. Paperback. Book Format. Note: The guide is an edited and extended localization of the Japanese guide by Enterbrain.

11) Shin Megami Tensei. Persona 3. Iaian Ross, Thomas Hindmarch, and Elizabeth Ellis. [Redmond, WA]: DoubleJump Books 2007. 264 Pages. Paperback. Book Format.

12) Soul Nomad & The World Eaters. Limited Edition. Alicia Ashby, Iaian Ross, and Thomas Wilde. [Redmond, WA]: DoubleJump Books 2007. 238 Pages. Paperback. Book Format.
    Last edited by lendelin; 11-16-2008 at 08:04 PM.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by lendelin View Post
    Noteworthy: Our "own" Daria (RPG maniac and collector, plush collector, cooking oil queen, and a worldly and intelligent woman) appears in the guide for Phantom Brave! (on page 243) In the interview section where RPG fans could ask questions to game designers/publishers she got printed asking if toys or plushies are planned for the game.
    I also asked if they had any plans for porting/remaking the rest of the Marl Kingdom series for either a console collection or for handheld release. But they didn't print it. The Toys were more of an after thought.

Incidently they did include a Marona figure in the Disgaea palm figures collection.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I asked some questions over at the Doublejump forums, and Tim Lindquist was very helpful and provided the necessary information.

First, Doublejump is in Redmond, WA, so I could add the location of the publisher. (If a location is known but not given in the publication, it is common to put the location in brackets [...])

Second, I added the authors and page number for the Disgaea Compilation guide.

Third, since no authors for the SMT Nocturne guide were given, I suspected that the guide was a localization. He confirmed it. It is an extended version of the Japanese guide by Enterbrain.

Fourth, the guy is very good discovering typos! He immediately noticed that I had the wrong page number (214) instead of 244 for the Makai Kingdom guide. Well, there you notice the experience - proof reading is his bread and butter!
    Last edited by lendelin; 11-16-2008 at 02:01 AM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just a heads up:

Amazon sells Baroque again for $20. Same price for the Wii version.

LINK PS2 Baroque

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dokapon Kingdom is also $20 on amazon. Hope is sticks there for a bit, as im broke right now.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Eternal Poison came in today from amazon. It was only supposed to come with a pre-order artbook right? You can never tell what your info said after placing a order with amazon. My artbook came shirnk wrapped to the game.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Eternal Poison came in today from amazon. It was only supposed to come with a pre-order artbook right? You can never tell what your info said after placing a order with amazon. My artbook came shirnk wrapped to the game.
    You mean in-game packaging? Or was the book separately packaged from the game?

I'll get it soon, too, probably tomorrow. With these vague descriptions lately (in particular from Amazon) you never know if we get actually edition variants or merely bonus items.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Amazon shrinkwraps pre-order bonuses to games just out of convenience. It's not a special edition of the game. The art book is a separate unrelated piece, and the game is the same stand-alone copy you'd get at GameStop or whatever. All copies of Eternal Poison have a second disc tray with a soundtrack, though. I imagine it'll all be the same with Persona 4.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah that shrinkwrap is shit. It almost/kinda ruined my case for Eternal Poison, because of whatever heat they used to seal up the artbook to it. My case has wavy lines from on the back and front. It could have even ruined the artwork if it had got to hot.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah that shrinkwrap is shit. It almost/kinda ruined my case for Eternal Poison, because of whatever heat they used to seal up the artbook to it. My case has wavy lines from on the back and front. It could have even ruined the artwork if it had got to hot.
    Yep, it's just a bonus item, on the other hand I think this offer was an Amazon exclusive, and I don't expect that the price for this game will drop soon. So I think a pre-order is still justified.

Still haven't gotten my copy. Could you post the SLUS number of Eternal Poison so I can add it to the special list?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The max count of the first post was expanded. The lists are now together again in one post.

I added the list of Doublejump guides (section 2.E.).

I think it's nice to have such a list because a) these guides are something special and continue the tradition of the guides by Working Designs, and b) the count is now by 12, soon 13 with the upcoming SMT Persona 4 guide by Doublejump.

Let's face it, every guide maniac needs those Doublejump guides.

Special thanks to the site administrators sisko and Vectorman0 who helped promptly and efficiently with simple solutions. I appreciate your help, nice guys!
    Last edited by lendelin; 11-19-2008 at 08:46 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Eternal Poison (with soundtrack), is SLUS-21779.
    Ar tonelico 2: Melody of Metafalica, is SLUS-21788.

Seen the artwork for ar2 already. Here it is,
    http://www.nisamerica.com/images/ema...mium_cover.jpg

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Eternal Poison (with soundtrack), is SLUS-21779.
    Ar tonelico 2: Melody of Metafalica, is SLUS-21788.

Seen the artwork for ar2 already. Here it is,
    http://www.nisamerica.com/images/ema...mium_cover.jpg
    THANKS, Brandon! I added the SLUS number for Eternal Poison.

Seems Ar tonelico 2 won't get the ugly red stripe "Includes..." on the front cover which Eternal Poison and SMT Persona 4 have. Reminds me too much of GH versions.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The pictures for Eternal Poison are added. (game cover, manual, game disc and soundtrack CD)

Got it today, and the art book is pretty nice. I'm not into the whole pre-order stuff, but it's 100 pages, the pics are nice and the quality of the prints is good.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just a heads-up:

Amazon sells Eternal Poison for $30 already! (free shipping) Just two weeks ago released it dropped by $10.

Yikes, and I thought it wouldn't drop soon.

My advice: wait longer, and soon you'll get it for $20 and cheaper!

It doesn't seem to be a bad game, though, on the contrary. It is obviously a solid, good STRPG that has its moments. A reviewer from RPGFan gave it a score of 82.

Link to the Review
    Last edited by lendelin; 11-22-2008 at 06:11 AM.