Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here are some links to Amazon:

Persona 3 Fes w artbook and soundtrack CD $19.95

Eternal Poison $19.95

Infinite Undiscovery Xbox360 $18.95

The Last Remnant Xbox360 $29.95

NON-RPG DEALS:

Sony PS2 controller silver $8 (Gone...new price $24)

Alone in the Dark PS2 $4

Ridge Racer 7 PS3 $9.95 (GONE..new price $30)

Arcana Heart PS2 $12.95
    Last edited by lendelin; 11-30-2008 at 10:16 AM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Eternal Poison $19.95 now

Also Sonic Unleashed was under $15 yesterday, but its back to normal price now.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Back to the list fo Duel sided covers that i know about. Since i finaly found my list that i wrote down ages ago.

Genji: Dawn of the Samurai
    God of War
    Growlanser: Generations
    Inuyasha: Feudal Combat (i knew about this, even though i don't own it)
    Jak II
    Magna Carta: Tears of Blood
    Samurai Western
    Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2
    Stella Deus: The Gate of Eternity
    Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain

So not quite 10 more i know, i stoped adding to my list about a year ago, i could have ran across some more, but alas im stupid and didn't write them down if i did.

These next 2 i seem to recall them having a 2nd side to there cover, but i don't own jak 3 yet, and God of War 2 is in the mail.

Can anybody confirm Jak 3 and God of War 2?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcks007 View Post
    Back to the list fo Duel sided covers that i know about. Since i finaly found my list that i wrote down ages ago.

Genji: Dawn of the Samurai
    God of War
    Growlanser: Generations
    Inuyasha: Feudal Combat (i knew about this, even though i don't own it)
    Jak II
    Magna Carta: Tears of Blood
    Samurai Western
    Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2
    Stella Deus: The Gate of Eternity
    Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain

So not quite 10 more i know, i stoped adding to my list about a year ago, i could have ran across some more, but alas im stupid and didn't write them down if i did.

These next 2 i seem to recall them having a 2nd side to there cover, but i don't own jak 3 yet, and God of War 2 is in the mail.

Can anybody confirm Jak 3 and God of War 2?
    Thanks, I didn't know God of War had a picture on the the other side of the cover, didn't know about Genji and Samurai Western either.

Here are the games I checked:

Jak 3 (standard version): no dual sided cover
    Jak 2 (GH version) no dual sided cover
    God of War (GH version) : dual-sided cover! (picture w/o PS2 logo))
    God of War II (standard version) : dual sided cover! (picture w/o PS2 logo)

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jak 2 normal release for sure has it. Werid that the GH doesn't.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I added to the picture list for Inuyasha (Regular cases with extra content and variants) a pic of the Inuyasha trading card.

Thanks to Nate Nanjo who provided the picture of the card!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Eternal Poison raised a penny.

Arcana Heart doubled in price, aka back to the norm almost. Sure glad you got in on the deal before it left.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Added:

Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories.* Square Enix, Square Enix, 12/2/08.

The game kept its street date.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lendelin View Post
    Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories.* Square Enix, Square Enix, 12/2/08.
    I'm curious about the strategy guide that was printed for the original version of this game - does anyone know how much the game was changed for the PS2 (other than the graphics)? That is, would the guide still be useful or were too many things changed?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got my amazon shipment today,
    Persona 3 Fes w artbook and soundtrack CD, is a new variant. A rather odd one, but imo it is. It comes in a box. But the box is the Persona 3 box, untill you flip it over to find a very, very different back to the box. It also has a upc that is different then the Persona 3 box, even though the boxs are 50% like each other. Not opened it up yet, will so, later tonight.

I will post more info later on, i have to go to work now.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got my amazon shipment today,
    Persona 3 Fes w artbook and soundtrack CD, is a new variant. A rather odd one, but imo it is. It comes in a box. But the box is the Persona 3 box, untill you flip it over to find a very, very different back to the box. It also has a upc that is different then the Persona 3 box, even though the boxs are 50% like each other. Not opened it up yet, will so, later tonight.

I will post more info later on, i have to go to work now.
    Thanks for the info!

That's a surprise! I didn't even expect it comes in a box. If the box has indeed a different back cover from the persona 3 box it makes it a deluxe edition of Persona 3 Fes in its own right. (not a variant of persona 3 because it is a different game)

Just make sure that in the back of the shrinkwrapped box isn't just a one page insert over the back cover...but even in this case despite same art book and CD like in the persona 3 set, the game got its own deluxe edition! (with its own back cover or 'just' a little insert tailored towards FES if this were the case, doesn't matter, it's always an independent edition)

I ordered one from Amazon. Although it doesn't show images anymore, it is still advertised as "with soundtrack CD and artbook." So i hope I'll still get it with the box...the only reason I buy it since I have the FES stand alone game. (Actually, then I'd have a spare FES game to sell for later since the game in the set is identical with the standard version...not bad since there will be no money lost.)

Could you check the SLUS number on the box? The SLUS of the stand-alone-game is 21621. Any additional S or P on there?

btw, is this an Amazon exclusive?? Didn't see it offered by someone else, not by CC, Best Buy and Gamestop anyway.
    Last edited by lendelin; 12-04-2008 at 08:19 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks for the info!

That's a surprise! I didn't even expect it comes in a box. If the box has indeed a different back cover from the persona 3 box it makes it a deluxe edition of Persona 3 Fes in its own right. (not a variant of persona 3 because it is a different game)

Just make sure that in the back of the shrinkwrapped box isn't just a one page insert over the back cover...but even in this case despite same art book and CD like in the persona 3 set, the game got its own deluxe edition! (with its own back cover or 'just' a little insert tailored towards FES if this were the case, doesn't matter, it's always an independent edition)

I ordered one from Amazon. Although it doesn't show images anymore, it is still advertised as "with soundtrack CD and artbook." So i hope I'll still get it with the box...the only reason I buy it since I have the FES stand alone game. (Actually, then I'd have a spare FES game to sell for later since the game in the set is identical with the standard version...not bad since there will be no money lost.)

Could you check the SLUS number on the box? The SLUS of the stand-alone-game is 21621. Any additional S or P on there?

btw, is this an Amazon exclusive?? Didn't see it offered by someone else, not by CC, Best Buy and Gamestop anyway.
    I also ordered this game from Amazon. My copy is still sealed, but it appears to be the original Persona 3 box (SLUS 21569P) with an insert sheet on the back. The Persona 3 FES in the box has the same SLUS (21621) as the regular version.
    If I failed to leave feedback for you on a deal, please contact me.
    My Digital Press Feedback

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default abcde

How did you know about the page insert? I couldn't even see it had that until i opened it up tonight. It was over the back of the case, but underneath the plastic perfectly on my copy. I guess im blind.

Why would they add a insert with a upc even?, that's just stupid imo.

Everything is the same. Just like koster said.

Not sure.

I hope you have time to cancel your order if wish, can't believe they did something so stupid like this, and i didn't see it. (feels duped)

Btw,
    Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories, is SLUS-21799.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How did you know about the page insert? I couldn't even see it had that until i opened it up tonight.
    Just a hunch...it's not the first time and won't be the last time retailers do that.

I hope you have time to cancel your order if wish, can't believe they did something so stupid like this, and i didn't see it. (feels duped)
    Nah, I won't cancel my order...and don't feel duped. I'm actually glad I ordered it. I will sell my sealed FES game for at least the price this set cost. I get an artbook and the CD, a box, and the little curious insert for free. It's actually a good deal....and I like to have the unique set with the unique insert ... better than just owning the stand alone game since the game is anyway in the box.

The set doesn't count as an edition, though, despite the insert. Amazon just exchanged the games of the Persona 3 set. If there were the FES Slus number on the box or none at all, then it would be a different matter. But as it stands, everyone of us could do what Amazon did and declare it a FES special edition.

BUT it is good to know that this set with a special insert sheet was for sale to prevent future misunderstandings; and I think it is great to own this set as a curiosity with the special insert on the back cover, far worse things developed to in-demand items in the past! Hang on to it

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by koster View Post
    I also ordered this game from Amazon. My copy is still sealed, but it appears to be the original Persona 3 box (SLUS 21569P) with an insert sheet on the back. The Persona 3 FES in the box has the same SLUS (21621) as the regular version.
    Thanks a lot! Yep, that's the old Persona 3 box with the Slus number...and that is exactly why the set can't be regarded as an edition, I think...still, very nice to have this set.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I added SMT Persona 4. Although the street date is December 9, the game ships already.

Additions:

Main list:
    Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4. Atlus, Atlus, 12/9/08.

List of regular cases with extra content:
    Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4. Sold only in this edition with extra content. Included is a soundtrack CD. (SLUS xxxxx)

Noteworthy:

The game got a guide by Doublejump.

So far the dot hack series had the most entries. With this release the SMT series is on par with the dot hack series with seven games.

The list of upcoming releases grows thin (Ar tonelico 2). So far I don't know about other releases in 2009.

I also added a list with links to all RPG developers (not publishers); however, half of them are Japanese websites.
    Last edited by lendelin; 12-07-2008 at 08:13 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There were questions about the impact of the Growlanser Generations package on the end of Working Designs.

While searching for the websites of the developers I came across this interview with Victor Ireland from Working Designs in 2005 I remembered vaguely.

He talks about how much it hurt WD to be forced to package Growlanser II with Growlanser III together, and that the failed approval of Goemon by Sony was the final blow for the company.

Here is the link: Interview with Gamespot
    Last edited by lendelin; 12-07-2008 at 08:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jupitersj
    PSN
    jupitersj

Sorry about never getting back to you with a better xenosaga lenticular picture lenadin

I haven't crawled through the rest of this thread but I did find out that disgaea non greatest hits has two US covers. One with a succubus on the bottom left on the front, and one with Laharl replacing the succubus.

Here's a tiny pic showing that variation

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images...ts2/589678.jpg

Just in case this wasn't discussed >.>

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jupitersj View Post
    Sorry about never getting back to you with a better xenosaga lenticular picture lenadin
    Don't sweat. I got it recently and took a scan of the lenticular cover.

I haven't crawled through the rest of this thread but I did find out that disgaea non greatest hits has two US covers. One with a succubus on the bottom left on the front, and one with Laharl replacing the succubus.

Here's a tiny pic showing that variation

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images...ts2/589678.jpg

Just in case this wasn't discussed >.>
    Thanks so much, that's very important, I wasn't aware that there might be a cover variant out there.

I searched thoroughly but can't confirm the cover variant. Have you seen one?

This is what I found: In a Wikipedia article was mentioned that there are two different box arts for the US release. No further information.

If you enlarge the gamespot thumbnail which you cite on their website, the usual cover comes up (shown below), the one with the succubus on the bottom left corner. Gamefaqs also has a thumbnail of the cover with the screaming Laharl on the bottom left corner, but if enlarged - again - the scan shows the common cover we all have.

I looked around at ten different websites for covers of the game, none had the cover with Laharl on the bottom left corner. I looked through the ebay auctions - again, nothing. This alleged version might be a picture from a pre-release advertisement, I doubt that the game actually got this cover variant.

I never saw this version...but if someone here has this alleged version, that means a different one than the one shown below, PLEASE, let us know and post a pic of it!!

Last edited by lendelin; 12-07-2008 at 11:39 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories is under $20 on amazon right now.

I think there could also be 2-3 varaints for this game already. Amazon has a very shnny looking artwork, mention collectiable artwork on it. I also see people mentioning something about cards, and im also guessing there is a version with none of those.

I hope someone can get info to fill me in on this....