Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jupitersj
    PSN
    jupitersj

I actually found the thread on GameFAQs where people were discussing it (Disgaea) someone mentioned the later print runs have laharl and his friends got that but wanted succubus.

Asking on atlus forums might help

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genme...topic=46986424

here i found the discussion

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcks007 View Post
    Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories is under $20 on amazon right now.
    Circuit City started to sell it for $20, then Amazon followed.

I think there could also be 2-3 varaints for this game already. Amazon has a very shnny looking artwork, mention collectiable artwork on it. I also see people mentioning something about cards, and im also guessing there is a version with none of those.

I hope someone can get info to fill me in on this....
    The cards were a pre-order offer by Amazon. (3 postcards) Just attached to the game or something else...well, Amazon was vague about it as always.

I looked at the referred Amazon customer images here LINK

The new unopened box has a sticker, BUT it is still a sealed box..if the sticker is on the shrinkwrap it wouldn't count.

But what I really find surprising is that the cover looks indeed different. The white clouds of the standard cover are replaced by grey clouds, no idea what to do with that. (can't be that just the pic is dark)

The second question is if the cards are inside the game case or just attached on the back of the regular case and then it got resealed.

Assuming that there is indeed a release with a special cover (dark, with sticker) and cards, then we would end up with two (not three) variants because it seems the cover is associated with the cards.
    Last edited by lendelin; 12-08-2008 at 11:01 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jupitersj View Post
    I actually found the thread on GameFAQs where people were discussing it (Disgaea) someone mentioned the later print runs have laharl and his friends got that but wanted succubus.

Asking on atlus forums might help

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genme...topic=46986424

here i found the discussion
    Thanks for the link!

Again, it's all speculation and claims. I looked around further about box art images. Very often the alleged box art comes up with RP (Rating Pending), sometimes with the normal T rating...and they are always thumbnails. Very suspicious.

I'm skeptical that this cover exists; and if it were the standard later printing it would be all over the place. I certainly bought my copy one year or two yeras after it was released. (Things are a bit more complicated because of the reprint...Disgaea like SMT Digital Devil Saga got reprinted but was always readily available) IF it exists then it was an early printing, but I still have to see one to believe it.

BUT I really appreciate it that you made us aware of it! We should certainly keep our eyes peeled and look further into it. It is unlikely that this cover exists, but it is possible.
    Last edited by lendelin; 12-08-2008 at 03:27 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories is under $20 on amazon right now.

I think there could also be 2-3 varaints for this game already. Amazon has a very shnny looking artwork, mention collectiable artwork on it. I also see people mentioning something about cards, and im also guessing there is a version with none of those.

I hope someone can get info to fill me in on this....
    No variants, no nothing. BUT it was good that you alerted us with possible variants because I wasn't aware that the game comes standard with three postcards. I put it in the 'regular cases with extra content'-list. Seems you can't sell a RPG for the PS2 with some sort of something in the last hurrah days of the console.

Since I was anyway looking for clearance bin deals at BB and CC today, I checked Kingdom Hearts RE and picked one up for $20.

Every game has on the shrinkwrap the little sticker, every game has the half-holographic cover with the dark clouds, and every game comes standard with three postcards in a wrapper. I put pics up of everything in the picture list.

The cover with the whiter clouds are pre-release ad pictures; (I suspect this happened with the Disgaea cover, too) The clouds were made whiter in pre-release pics because this holographic part doesn't come over well in pics.

I guess until a GH release there won't be a variant. There might be one a couple of months from now, who knows. ...and...Amazon tried to 'sell' the standard extra items as a pre-order bonus, that's all.
    Last edited by lendelin; 12-08-2008 at 10:58 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Added to the list of regular cases with extra content:

11) Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories. Sold only in this version with extra content. Included in a wrapper are three postcards picturing game characters. (SLUS 21799)

I also put pictures up of the game cover, disc, manual and the three cards in the picture list. (section 4.B.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jupitersj
    PSN
    jupitersj

Couple more games and I'll have every ps2 rpg too >.< I've been picking up the last few. I'm also trying to obtain every ps2 rpg strat guide...19 more guides to go

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Check gamefaqs boards for people talking about getting there $20 copy at Circuit City and it doesn't come with the cards.
    I also found out those cards are packed inside the ps2 case.

So there should be a with and without card versions. I wasn't sure about the special cover that i saw. Thats why i said there might be 3, but right now there is 2.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jupitersj View Post
    Couple more games and I'll have every ps2 rpg too >.< I've been picking up the last few. I'm also trying to obtain every ps2 rpg strat guide...19 more guides to go
    Great! If you have all the games I wanna see some pictures! I love to look at genre collections.I'm still missing 3 variants and seven guides, but I didn't make efforts to get the guides.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Check gamefaqs boards for people talking about getting there $20 copy at Circuit City and it doesn't come with the cards.

So there should be a with and without card versions. I wasn't sure about the special cover that i saw. Thats why i said there might be 3, but right now there is 2.
    Yep, the cards are inside the case, I bought one and posted pics of them.

All the games I saw had the sticker on them, the half holographic cover which made it darker than what we ususally see in advertisements (the illustration of the manual is actually the pic used to advertise the game), and the cards inside.

Do people report that the game without the cards has a different cover, the whiter one? or is the the game without the cards sold with the same boxart?

Thanks for bringing it up!! If this is true then it has to be noted in the list and the game has to go in the variants list as well!

Well, I'll look around and keep my eyes open, still haven't seen one w/o the cards.
    Last edited by lendelin; 12-09-2008 at 02:44 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Today I got SMT Persona 4. One odd thing: the SLUS number is 21782B. This is the first time I see a B added on a SLUS number. P, S, and GH I understand, but B? What could a B stand for? Or does it indicate a (upcoming?) variant of the game?

btw, the artbook that came with it as a bonus item is not bad at all. Nice drawings, good pic quality, and in an oversized mag format.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

B stands for bonus disc or bonus. I have a few that are like that and know of another.
    Was in that way on the disc or just the case?

Goosebumps Horrorland (box with book), is SLUS-21834B. (don't own)

Backyard Football 2009 (box with book)(Walmart), SLUS-21670B for the outer box, and SLUS-21809 for the inner game. (whoever made this set, sure messed up on the slus code on the box, as its the slus code for Backyard Football 2008.)

And 1 Streetball (with bonus disc), is SLUS-21237B, the normal is SLUS-21237.

Btw what does P stand for? I've seen a few games and even own a few that have a P at the end, but i don't see anything that makes them special.
    Last edited by bcks007; 12-09-2008 at 08:16 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

B stands for bonus disc or bonus. I have a few that are like that and know of another.
    Was in that way on the disc or just the case?
    The additional B is on the case and disc. Never saw that one before.

Goosebumps Horrorland (box with book), is SLUS-21834B. (don't own)
    Just saw this one yesterday in a clearance bin. Because of the unusual comic book I did a price check, but it was $20...that meant 'thanks but no thanks' for me. For $10 it had been a 'maybe,' for $5 I'd have picked it up.

Btw what does P stand for? I've seen a few games and even own a few that have a P at the end, but i don't see anything that makes them special.
    P stands for Premium. A couple of PS2 RPGs have it, like the two Growlanser sets, the Persona 3 set, or Digimon World 4 with the card.

There is no consistency whatsoever with the additional P, S, or B in a SLUS number. Some games with extra content have it, others don't.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Below the list of the guides by Doublejump I added a list of all the developers with links to their websites plus the number and titles of the games they produced.

It is actually pretty fun and interesting to poke around the websites, in particular the Japanese ones.

I also added this trivia remark that isn't so trivial at all, I think:

The Busiest Developers

1) Square Enix (11 games)
    2) Atlus, Cyberconnect2 (7 games each)
    3) Namco Bandai, Nippon Ichi Software (6 games each)
    4) Gust, Konami (5 games each)
    5) FromSoftware, Level-5, Media Vision, Snowblind Studios (4 games each)

Concentration Process: These 11 developers produced almost half of the game library (63 games = 47%) although they represent only 18% of the total number of developers (59). If the games by subsidiaries of bigger companies (like Career Soft and Amusement Vision) are counted as games of the bigger companies, then the trend towards concentration is even stronger.

If we'd do the same for publishers the concentration would be much higher.
    Last edited by lendelin; 12-10-2008 at 03:10 AM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have Cabela's African Safari, which apparently is the Premium version of this game. It is SLUS-21379P. I've been searching for the normal SLUS-21379, but have yet to find it. I can't for the life of me figure out why it has a P at the end. Possibly it was gonna be a special set, but at the last second it was turned into a normal release only, what do you think?

Where did you see Goosebumps Horrorland for $20? I always like to get the tricky variants out of the way when i see them. There a pain to track down later on, cause you never know what they should have come with usually, and there quality of the items get worse if used.

For Persona 4, i bet they either have plans for another release, or possibly another artwork on the cd like working designs games.

I also had a weird thought, have you ever seen those fake greatest hits stickers that some stores put over new sealed copys to make them look like there now $20 and a GH release? Possibly at one time, maybe Dark Cloud 2 and Ico, got this treatment, and that is why some sites have claimed that GH versions of those 2 exist.
    I know the game Avatar: The Last Airbender, at my local best buy has this fake sticker on it. I've checked ebay for it a few times, and all i find of a GH release are the fake sticker versions. This is really the only proof i have for why Dark Cloud 2 and Ico are listed as being GH.

I recently read about the re-release of ICO around the same time as Shadow of the Colossus, and that the manual for ICO might have changed a bit. I'm currently looking into this. I wonder how much it went for at stores when it was released, anybody know?

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just picked my Persona 4 today and I must say I was...a bit disappointed.

Was expecting a similar setup to Persona 3, a nice box with game, artwork, and music when put together looks really neat. The mismatched sizes of the artbook and game makes it look at out of place compared to previous Atlus games.
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have Cabela's African Safari, which apparently is the Premium version of this game. It is SLUS-21379P. I've been searching for the normal SLUS-21379, but have yet to find it. I can't for the life of me figure out why it has a P at the end. Possibly it was gonna be a special set, but at the last second it was turned into a normal release only, what do you think?
    No mentioning of someting included on the back cover? (maybe they wanted to include a gift certificate for a real lion, or worse, for an entrance ticket for the zoo?) Yeah, the additions to the Slus numbers lack any consistency.

Where did you see Goosebumps Horrorland for $20? I always like to get the tricky variants out of the way when i see them. There a pain to track down later on, cause you never know what they should have come with usually, and there quality of the items get worse if used.
    In a clearance bin at Best Buy. Because of the thick comic book I was curious and would have picked it up for around $5. I wouldn't worry if I were you to get it at some point VERY cheap. Stuff like this is never in demand.

For Persona 4, i bet they either have plans for another release, or possibly another artwork on the cd like working designs games.
    I doubt it. The B just refers to the CD included, I can't imagine Atlus will go for another version of very late release for the PS2.

I also had a weird thought, have you ever seen those fake greatest hits stickers that some stores put over new sealed copys to make them look like there now $20 and a GH release? Possibly at one time, maybe Dark Cloud 2 and Ico, got this treatment, and that is why some sites have claimed that GH versions of those 2 exist.
    I know the game Avatar: The Last Airbender, at my local best buy has this fake sticker on it. I've checked ebay for it a few times, and all i find of a GH release are the fake sticker versions. This is really the only proof i have for why Dark Cloud 2 and Ico are listed as being GH.
    I remember vaguely, not sure. But this tells you how careful we should be determining what actually exists.

I'm convinced that the Disgaea cover with Laharl is a rumor, too. Or look at the Kingdom Hearts RE cover which are out there on the web. The 'white' cover was already posted in mid-September on various game websites with a RP rating, then with the normal ESRB rating. Posted on websites, pictures of it, discussed, and in particular gamespot and gamefaqs use pre-release ad pictures from 3 months before the release and don't bother to change them if the actual cover later looks different...and years after it becomes slowly a reality.

BTW, have you seen Kingdom Hearts RE sold without the cards and/or with a different cover? That it gets sold w/o the cards is really possible because there is no mentioning of them on the back or front cover, just the sticker on the shrinkwrap. If it sells w/o the cards then it schould go in the variants list.

I recently read about the re-release of ICO around the same time as Shadow of the Colossus, and that the manual for ICO might have changed a bit. I'm currently looking into this. I wonder how much it went for at stores when it was released, anybody know?
    No clue about a changed manual. The original release was $50, but I really don't know if the game got a second release.
    Last edited by lendelin; 12-11-2008 at 02:22 AM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just a heads up:

Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories for $20 is the "Deal of the Day" from AMAZON. LINK

The offer lasts until Friday morning (around 1am).

Not a big deal since the game (new) is around for this price. But if you don't want to bother with ebay or some overpriced websites, Amazon offers for orders over $25 free shipping, and like always no taxes.
    Last edited by lendelin; 12-11-2008 at 04:08 AM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's $25 for amazon to get free shipping btw.

Quote Originally Posted by lendelin View Post
    BTW, have you seen Kingdom Hearts RE sold without the cards and/or with a different cover? That it gets sold w/o the cards is really possible because there is no mentioning of them on the back or front cover, just the sticker on the shrinkwrap. If it sells w/o the cards then it schould go in the variants list.

Yes, you must have missed my post there. ^ I can't speak for it 100%, im just going off what other people have said.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, you must have missed my post there. ^ I can't speak for it 100%, im just going off what other people have said.
    Nah, I read it and looked around on gamefaqs. I'm not very familiar with the site, but the few times I searched for information it wasn't very reliable. I couldn't find the related discussion...one thing is for sure, these folks create way too many threads about way too unimportant things.

Vague claims are not enough, I'm careful. If you or someone from this board gives the information or if I see Kingdom Hearts RE sold without the cards, then I'll put it in the variants category and make a note of it in the list for 'regular cases with extra content.'

The only noticeable difference between sealed games would then be the little sticker on the shrinkwrap.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just to make sure noone misses this deal who does not have Disgaea 2 yet.

Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories for $20 is the "Deal of the Day" from AMAZON. LINK

The offer lasts until Friday morning (around 1am).