Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: Complete RPG List for the PS2 - Updated 2017

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I looked at and played Roadtrip. It belongs in the borderline category as well. It is a prequel to ChoroQ, and plays very similar with the same gameplay elements. Open world, missions, talking to other cars, storyline, in short: the same quirky, light-hearted and charming genre hybrid between racing and RPG.

Added to the borderline category:
    Everywhere Road Trip.* E-game/Takara, Conspiracy Entertainment, 10/26/2002.

I read that usually Takara is credited with the development of the series, but the developers are actually outside developers cooperating with Takara. In case of Road Trip that is E-game, and for ChoroQ I changed the entry and added as a developer Tamsoft.

These two games are not hidden gems, they are by no means perfect but they are worthwhile playing because the concept and execution is just downright playful, charming and very well done!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For the sake of completion I added the following to the list of special editions:

16) Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES. Same special edition with identical content as for the regular Persona 3 above (see 15). Just the games themselves are different with different SLUS numbers whereas the cardboard box with the old SLUS number was used. Sold also as a stand-alone game. (SLUS 21569P)

I bought this years ago after Persona 3 FES was released and was surprised that just the games were exchanged and everything else was the same as for Persona 3 (hardcover art book, soundtrack CD, and the cardboard box with the same SLUS number).

Back then we suspected (top of page 19 of this thread) that it was sold this way only on Amazon for a short period of time. It does have a different back cover at first sight, but this is only an insert on top of the backcover under the shrinkwrap.

Not a big thing but it had to be noted that Persona 3 FES could be bought in a special edition like the regular Persona 3.
    Last edited by lendelin; 04-07-2016 at 10:49 AM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    No problem. I remember because I'm still kicking myself for not buying it but my husband and I argued about spending the money at the time. :P

I'm sure it was Best Buy, but I say it might have been Comp-USA because they started selling video games towards the end and shared the same shopping center.
    You were indeed right. I was convinced that the special edition of .hack GU/ vol. 1 Rebirth with the Haseo figurine was a Gamestop exclusive edition, but it was not. A couple of weeks ago a guy told me that he bought it at Best Buy AND he had the receipt from Best Buy still in there!

Probably I had the impression that it was a Gamestop exclusive because someone told me back then that it was and I got three of them in a Gamestop store after looking for it for two years.

I corrected the entry in the special edition section. Might be the last correction for the lists.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BigPapaHusker
    PSN
    BigPapaHusker

Am I missing the link? I don't see anything in the first post.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I think when you're banned you're able to edit any of your posts, you just can't create new posts. I'm assuming it was a requested ban, but regardless, the creator edited and deleted the posts with any information.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.