0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by lendelin View Post
    I'm afraid the entry is correct. I wasn't aware of it either, but I'm sure one of our fellow RPG-DPers has the version with the CD.

Before I made the entry I looked around on various RPG sites which mentioned it frequently. I then looked around on ebay, and the CD-version with a double disc case was offered a lot. I then found this picture in the completed listings:

It says indeed on the back cover "Includes Limited Edition Soundtrack CD." Also, the CD version was released with the security strip on top of the case, while the later version without the CD doesn't have the security strip. If that can count officially as a second printing, I don't know. It was referred to as such very often.

Too bad that the thing exists. I have the two versions of Phantom Brave and Marvel Ultimate Alliance, but not Nocturne. I got the non-CD version from a Gamecrazy sale new for $18 some time ago, it is still sealed, and thought I lucked out considering the price for the game today. That is why I never looked around on ebay or other sites and didn't notice that the CD version exists.

One thing is for sure: I won't pay $90 for the CD version, that is out of the question. It would just irk me to no end to pay so much money.

I assumed I'm only two games short of all the PS2 RPGs, and now there are still the two deluxe sets for Mana in March, Baroque will be released in one month, and now last but not least this damn CD version.
    Wait a minute. I'm confused. The only version of Nocturne is the version that comes with the soundtrack CD. There wasn't a "non soundtrack CD" version. What I was doubting in my original post was the existence of a "non soundtrack CD" version. The picture you provided (as well as the bulk of your post I'm quoting above) just shows the version of Nocturne that everyone has. Am I missing something?

It's not really a big deal, it just seems like we're having two totally different conversations about the same thing.

My understanding:

Nocturne (with soundtrack CD) = exists. This is what I have.
    Nocturne (without soundtrack CD) = rumor. No evidence supporting its existence.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Well... Lendelin says that he owns a non-cd version of the game and that it was factory sealed without a security strip. That just screams a Game Quest Direct reprint.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    My understanding:

Nocturne (with soundtrack CD) = exists. This is what I have.
    Nocturne (without soundtrack CD) = rumor. No evidence supporting its existence.
    AHHH... For you the early release was the regular version and not in doubt, for me the later non-CD version was the regular one and I doubted the early CD release. Lucky you, I don't have the CD version.

Here is a pic of the later release without CD:

I bought it new and on sale from Gamecrazy about a year and a half after its release, it is still sealed. I suspect Daria is right, it might be a GameQuestDirect reprint, I think I remember darkly that this was the case. The non-CD-version was released when Sony didn't use the security strip anymore.
    Last edited by lendelin; 01-22-2008 at 06:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Here is a pic of the later release without CD:

Wow. A non-CD version does exist. I stand corrected.

For what it's worth, Atlus has posted on their old forums that there never was a GQD reprint of Nocturne. I'm beginning to question if that was truly a "fact" or not.

I've always had the version with the soundtrack. I bought it on Nocturne's release day (sometime in Oct. 2004) at Gamestop.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I assumed I'm only two games short of all the PS2 RPGs, and now there are still the two deluxe sets for Mana in March, Baroque will be released in one month, and now last but not least this damn CD version.
    Make that 3 games short if you don't have Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus, as you don't have it listed on the first page. I completely forgot about this until I saw it at the local Gamestop. A brief check on IGN shows it was released 11/20/07, but I don't recall seeing it until recently.

http://ps2.ign.com/objects/890/890126.html

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by esquire View Post
    Make that 3 games short if you don't have Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus, as you don't have it listed on the first page. I completely forgot about this until I saw it at the local Gamestop. A brief check on IGN shows it was released 11/20/07, but I don't recall seeing it until recently.

http://ps2.ign.com/objects/890/890126.html
    Are you a sadist? ANOTHER game to get?

Seriously, thanks a lot!! I completely overlooked the game, never saw it, I can't remember reading a review about it. I will update the list when I'm sure about the release date and do some more checking. IGN says indeed November 20th.

Did you buy it new from GS or used? Maybe the release was delayed and IGN didn't update the entry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are you a sadist? ANOTHER game to get?

Seriously, thanks a lot!! I completely overlooked the game, never saw it, I can't remember reading a review about it. I will update the list when I'm sure about the release date and do some more checking. IGN says indeed November 20th.

Did you buy it new from GS or used? Maybe the release was delayed and IGN didn't update the entry.
    I didn't buy it, I just saw it on the shelf.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

esquire, thanks again! I checked, and it seems indeed that the game was released on November 20th. IGN says it is also on xbox 360, but I couldn't find it anywhere for the 360. Only for the PS2 and PC...btw, CC and BB don't have it offered online, but amazon, GS/EB, and many other retailers.

I added to the regular list:

Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus.* Expansion pack to Phantasy Star Universe. Sonic Team, Sega, 11/20/07.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does anybody know if Duel Masters has another version?
    I got a used copy from someone on ebay, it was in a double cd case, that included a limited edition dvd for this game.
    The extra dvd, is not a official ps2 disc with slus code. It has tips on how to play the actual video game, kinda like a learn to play this game video.

It seems to have the same artwork as the normal version. My copy was missing its free trading cards though. So i will prolly snag a new version in the future.

Could be another version of this game?, or what?
    This person would have had to take it out of a single cd case, and put it in a double cd case if it wasn't a double cd version of this game. So im unsure about it. Maybe other people have this limited edition dvd aswell.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

I went ahead and preordered Mana Khemia, but I'm curious. The description Rosenqueen has posted claims Mana is the 5th Atelier Iris game starting with Eternal Mana, however I thought this was only the forth game. Was one not localized? I know there's more Atelier games for the Marie series... but not for Iris. I'm confused.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcks007 View Post
    Does anybody know if Duel Masters has another version?
    I got a used copy from someone on ebay, it was in a double cd case, that included a limited edition dvd for this game.
    The extra dvd, is not a official ps2 disc with slus code. It has tips on how to play the actual video game, kinda like a learn to play this game video.

It seems to have the same artwork as the normal version. My copy was missing its free trading cards though. So i will prolly snag a new version in the future.

Could be another version of this game?, or what?
    This person would have had to take it out of a single cd case, and put it in a double cd case if it wasn't a double cd version of this game. So im unsure about it. Maybe other people have this limited edition dvd aswell.
    Very interesting. My new copy ("Limited edition" on the front cover) has the trading card package, but not a bonus CD. I never heard of it either, but that doesn't say much. Can you post pics? Does it mention on the covers something about a bonus DVD?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    I went ahead and preordered Mana Khemia, but I'm curious. The description Rosenqueen has posted claims Mana is the 5th Atelier Iris game starting with Eternal Mana, however I thought this was only the forth game. Was one not localized? I know there's more Atelier games for the Marie series... but not for Iris. I'm confused.
    This might be a typo, and I'm confused as you are. I know that there are other games in the Atelier-series which never made it outside of Japan, but I never heard of a fourth Atelier Iris besides the three localized PS2 games.

If they are correct, maybe a game for a handheld, pre-PS2 game for the Saturn, PS, PC or SNes?
    Last edited by lendelin; 01-23-2008 at 01:38 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Very interesting. My new copy ("Limited edition" on the front cover) has the trading card package, but not a bonus CD. I never heard of it either, but that doesn't say much. Can you post pics? Does it mention on the covers something about a bonus DVD?
    It seems to be the same cover as the normal cover, my roommate has this game aswell, so i just compared the 2. Doesn't mention any extra cd.
    I could get pic of the cd if you thats what you wanted, yes? Prolly wouldn't be till next week, since i need to use someone else's scanner for that.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    I went ahead and preordered Mana Khemia,...
    Thank godness we pre-ordered in time; it is already out of stock. It seems that it was indeed limited to 1000.

I didn't buy a second one to resell. I expect that the set will be offered a plenty on ebay, this set got enough publicity. The dot Hack GU VOl. 1 set on the other hand flew under the radar, didn't get publicity, and was sold by Gamestop/EBGames exclusively for $40 6 months after its release, that is if you were lucky to find one.

I'd be still interested how many of the dot hack GU Vol.1 sets with figurine were produced.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Noooooooooooo, crap you sure it was out of stock already? I just got paid, and was planing to get it paid for today.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Noooooooooooo, crap you sure it was out of stock already? I just got paid, and was planing to get it paid for today.
    Sorry, but yeah, it is out of stock already. Link:

http://www.rosenqueen.com/index.asp?...rodID=219&HS=1

I guess you'll get it almost for the same price on ebay in late March. There will be a lot of offers on ebay, and this will probably deflate the price. But then...you never know...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For the sake of consistency, collecting aspects, and for the non-completionists who still want to make sure that they have everything included in the original release, I added entries to the category 'Regular cases With Extra Content.'

If you have information about different versions of the following games (that means standard releases without the 'extra' content), please let us know. Also please shout, scream, and trample with your feet if you know about other games which came with extra content in regular cases.

I also corrected slightly the entry for Dragon Quest VIII. I forgot to mention that the game came with a playable demo of FFXII.

01) .hack Part 1: Infection. Sold only in this version with extra content. Includes a bonus DVD with an anime movie of the series.

02) .hack Part 2: Mutation. Sold only in this version with extra content. Includes a bonus DVD with an anime movie of the series.

03) .hack Part 3: Outbreak. Sold only in this version with extra content. Includes a bonus DVD with an anime movie of the series.

04) .hack Part 4: Quarantine. Sold only in this version with extra content. Includes a bonus DVD with an anime movie of the series.

05) Digimon World 4. Sold only in this edition with extra content. Included is a trading card of ‘Dorumon’ in clear plastic wrapping.

06) Digimon World: Data Squad. Sold only in this edition with extra content. Included is a pack of Digimon stickers.

07) Duel Masters. Sold only in this edition with extra content. Includes a pack of ten cards in gold wrapping.

08) Fullmetal Alchemist 2: Curse of the Crimson Elixir. Sold only in this version with extra content. Includes a bonus DVD with two episodes of the anime series.

10) Mega Man X: Command Mission. Sold only in this version with extra content. Included is a Mega Man trading card.

13) Suikoden Tactics. Sold only in this edition with extra content. Included is a soundtrack CD of the Suikoden series.

14) Wild Arms: Alter Code F. Sold only in this version with extra content. Included is a bonus DVD with episode 1 of the anime series.

CORRECTION Dragon Quest VIII:
    The cardboard box contains a playable demo disc of Final Fantasy XII. Sold only in the cardboard box.
    Last edited by lendelin; 01-26-2008 at 09:36 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Stuff that comes with extras.

Growlanser: Generations, has a alternative box art, I seen it sold on ebay, the person claimed he got it from working designs. So it may be very rare, or there is the possibility of that person lying. I saved those pics of what it looks like, seemed very legit. Too bad i didn't win that auction. Not sure if it was sold to the general public.

Inuyasha: The Secret of the Cursed Mask, comes with some trading card, i didn't get my card, as i got it used, i believe it mentions it on the back of the box.

Shadow Hearts. This is kinda big, i can provide pics if needed, don't own this, but got pics. There is a, "Not for Resale" version of this game, people got it for pre-ordering Shadow Hearts: Covenant. The discs for normal and NFR are rumored to be the same, but the case, and manual are both different.
    Its fairly easy to find on ebay.

Xenosaga Episode III: Also Sprach Zarathustra. There is different cover versions for this, im not sure if its a messed up color version, or a on purpose color version, but its quite shiny.(there is a name for this) I've seen this a few times on ebay. No pics of it.

Thats all i know for now.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Stuff that comes with extras.

Growlanser: Generations, has a alternative box art, I seen it sold on ebay, the person claimed he got it from working designs. So it may be very rare, or there is the possibility of that person lying. I saved those pics of what it looks like, seemed very legit. Too bad i didn't win that auction. Not sure if it was sold to the general public.
    I pre-ordered it from WD but have the common, everywhere pictured cover of the box. Never saw another box art. Please post pics so we can decide if its legit.

Inuyasha: The Secret of the Cursed Mask, comes with some trading card, i didn't get my card, as i got it used, i believe it mentions it on the back of the box.
    I bought it new, and it doesn't have a trading card inside. The front and back cover don't mention a card at all. (which is usually the case). To put it into the list we'd need the assurance of someone who bought it new and a pic of the back cover/trading card.

Shadow Hearts. This is kinda big, i can provide pics if needed, don't own this, but got pics. There is a, "Not for Resale" version of this game, people got it for pre-ordering Shadow Hearts: Covenant. The discs for normal and NFR are rumored to be the same, but the case, and manual are both different.
    Its fairly easy to find on ebay.
    Although this wouldn't go under regular cases with extra content becasue it is a cover and manual variation, it is nevertheless interesting. (like disc label variations I wouldn't include because it gets very complicated then); nevertheless this is of interest for lots of guys on here. Would be nice if you could post a pic. (I remember the preorder deal, though, but didn't think it came with a cover variation)

Xenosaga Episode III: Also Sprach Zarathustra. There is different cover versions for this, im not sure if its a messed up color version, or a on purpose color version, but its quite shiny.(there is a name for this) I've seen this a few times on ebay. No pics of it.
    I'll have to look into this. If I'm VERY VERY sure, I'll include it of course, because this might count as extra content if it is a shiny thingie card (=expert lingo) on top of the regular cover.

Thats all i know for now.
    Thanks for the input. Like always, it is much appreciated.
    Last edited by lendelin; 01-26-2008 at 10:51 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) fuchikoma's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.xenolegacy.net/?subaction...t_from=&ucat=&

Xenosaga's official price has dropped to $39.99 in USD. In addition to that, a variety of preorder gifts are available at different stores. Game Stop and EB Games are reciving an art book (size and page count are unknown), Best Buy will have a limited edition lenticular cover, and Game Crazy will be handing out a large poster of T-ELOS.
    Pretty sure that it's a removable insert and not stuck on in any way. Though if its factory sealed...
    MAX 330 MEGA
    PRO-GEAR SPEC