Thread: Special Message to Those Who Wanted a 360, But Missed Out.

Strawberry (Level 2) ManciGames's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Special Message to Those Who Wanted a 360, But Missed Out.

After finally spending some serious time with the 360, I can tell anyone who missed out at launch this:

Don't worry about it. Seriously. I would equate the jump to be about equal to Dreamcast to XBOX: Good, but nothing jaw dropping. (I still consider the gap from DC to PS2 to be a step down)

Sure, there are noticeable differences, but all in all, if you have an XBOX, you aren't missing out on anything... Go buy Half-Life 2 and you'll be just as happy. And when those second gen 360 games start popping up in the spring (Gears of War), you'll be able to walk right in and buy a pro package, probably for $50 less than they go for now.
    Manci Games - For the Retro Gamers of the World (RIP)
    Home of Manci Games Retrogaming Magazine
    www.mancigames.com

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Default Re: Special Message to Those Who Wanted a 360, But Missed Ou

Quote Originally Posted by ManciGames
    After finally spending some serious time with the 360, I can tell anyone who missed out at launch this:

Don't worry about it. Seriously. I would equate the jump to be about equal to Dreamcast to XBOX: Good, but nothing jaw dropping. (I still consider the gap from DC to PS2 to be a step down)

Sure, there are noticeable differences, but all in all, if you have an XBOX, you aren't missing out on anything... Go buy Half-Life 2 and you'll be just as happy. And when those second gen 360 games start popping up in the spring (Gears of War), you'll be able to walk right in and buy a pro package, probably for $50 less than they go for now.
    I've got to disagree with you about the quality jump. PDZ made more of a next gen jump then Halo did, but all the same, if you have an xbox HL2 is a great bet. Good advice Manci.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Overbite
    PSN
    MSX6800

HL2 for xbox would be a good bet if you dont mind bouts of 30 second gameplay with 40 second loads. The PC version is so much better.

but if your pc cant handle the game then I guess the xbox version is ok, though the xbox can't handle it either.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have another message too: Our store got in another dozen Xbox's, and being as our Home Entertainment people are geniuses, and dont have them in the cases, but have them behind their counter, and walk around pricing everything more than half the time, go in, take one, and leave, but don't tell them I sent you

**EDIT** I MEANT to say Xbox 360's, we already have over 30 Xbox's in stock x_x

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

Default Re: Special Message to Those Who Wanted a 360, But Missed Ou

Quote Originally Posted by ManciGames

Basically what I stated like 6 months ago. The jumps of 5 years need to be extended or the user will not see any signifigance for a while. Gears of War is the only game that looks "next gen" as of right now on 360 IMO. The other games look like PC ports/hacks that I would rather buy for PC. DOA4 looks like it could have been made for Xbox....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The major problem(s) with a majority of the 360 launch titles is that they're rushed, ports, or rushed ports. Project Gotham 3 is the only launch title that sports graphics that can't be touched by Xbox/PS2/GC.

Just wait till the first wave of true 360 titles start being pumped out. You'll all be amazing and realize that the 360 is the real deal and is indeed a great leap beyond this recent gen that's coming to an end.
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tried HL2 on Xbox. I liked it alot, yeah there is some frame rate stutter but it feels really good most of the time. The lack of features sucks but it is still great for the people who have PCs that can't handle it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i was never planning on getting a 360 on launch day, but i will get one, probably after chhristmas. myself, i think the advertising campaigns for the 360 are rediculous, like the one for NBA something or other where they're making a huge deal about how the guy is sweating in the game. all these beads of sweat are dripping down his head and they're like "look at him sweat. he sure is sweating alot. drip. drip. drip." and i thought "Dude. what the hell is this crap?! sweating videogame characters? when your best marketing point is the fact that your in-game characters can SWEAT, that does'nt make me want to buy the game any more than before. plus, what kind of an in game commentary is that? personally, when i'm playing a game, i don't want some loons babbling on about some guy sweating in the background. anyways, then after a full 30 seconds of these guys talking about a SWEATING videogame character, the screen comes up and says "XBOX 360". i was like "okay, what was that? did i just watch a game ad based around sweat?!"

okay, i'm done ranting.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNES
    i was never planning on getting a 360 on launch day, but i will get one, probably after chhristmas. myself, i think the advertising campaigns for the 360 are rediculous, like the one for NBA something or other where they're making a huge deal about how the guy is sweating in the game. all these beads of sweat are dripping down his head and they're like "look at him sweat. he sure is sweating alot. drip. drip. drip." and i thought "Dude. what the hell is this crap?! sweating videogame characters? when your best marketing point is the fact that your in-game characters can SWEAT, that does'nt make me want to buy the game any more than before. plus, what kind of an in game commentary is that? personally, when i'm playing a game, i don't want some loons babbling on about some guy sweating in the background. anyways, then after a full 30 seconds of these guys talking about a SWEATING videogame character, the screen comes up and says "XBOX 360". i was like "okay, what was that? did i just watch a game ad based around sweat?!"

okay, i'm done ranting.
    No offense but that sweating is damned impressive and it's bringing gaming into an unprecidented level of realism. Sure it's only graphics, but graphics are important. They're part of the whole.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I watch the videos and people playing Call of Duty on our 360 kiosk at work. As impressive as they are, its not that much of a leap. Only *so* much you can do with graphics and sound anyway..
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Those were also my thoughts on the 360 at THIS point in time. I took what I would have spent on a 360 at launch had Elderscrolls been available, and used it towards a new LCD tv so that I could make all of my current consoles, which includes an Xbox (my favorite), as good as an "average" 360.

After all, what has more "wow? An Xbox running on a LCD tv with component cables and theatre sound......or a 360 running on a regular tv using stock AV cables? The latter is what many 360 owners would most likely be using. I've always thought that besides the software developer, a large part of the equasion is what you hook the system up TO. I couldn't tell enough difference between an Xbox and a 360 in the store besides a few sharper textures because of the crap that they had it hooked up to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNES
    i think the advertising campaigns for the 360 are rediculous, like the one for NBA something or other where they're making a huge deal about how the guy is sweating in the game. all these beads of sweat are dripping down his head and they're like "look at him sweat. he sure is sweating alot. drip. drip. drip." and i thought "Dude. what the hell is this crap?! sweating videogame characters? when your best marketing point is the fact that your in-game characters can SWEAT, that does'nt make me want to buy the game any more than before.
    Dang, that's nearly sig worthy!
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SlayerX
    I have another message too: Our store got in another dozen Xbox's, and being as our Home Entertainment people are geniuses, and dont have them in the cases, but have them behind their counter, and walk around pricing everything more than half the time, go in, take one, and leave, but don't tell them I sent you

**EDIT** I MEANT to say Xbox 360's, we already have over 30 Xbox's in stock x_x
    What store?