Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time's Ending

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time's Ending

Has anyone seen OOT's (Ocarina of Time's) ending? Since it's pretty much gone down in history as one of best games ever made, and it sticks to the basic "princess-in-danger" storyline (unlike Majora's Mask), I'm sure that at least a fair number of you have seen it (I am a spoiler loving b@st@rd )

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, everyone dances around. I actually don't even remember the whole ending, just all of the stupid dancing.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

:P

I, for one, really enjoyed it, stupid dancing or not.

Basically, Link pwns Ganon, and Zelda and the sages seal him back up in the Dark World. Ganon, of course, vows to escape and exact revenge against their decendants, which sets up "A Link To The Past" nicely.

After Ganon is gone, Zelda, despite her wishes, decides to send Link back in time to regain his childhood, even though it means that she might never see him again. She takes the Ocarina and plays the Song of Time, thanking him as he his whisked back seven years. (Probably one of the most touching game moments I'd ever experienced at that point.)

And the credits roll, and the citizens of Hyrule dance around, celebrating Ganon's defeat.

Back in time, Link returns to the Temple of Time, nobody knowing what he did or who he was. He places the Master Sword back in it's pedestal, Navi, her work now done, leaves Link and Link walks out of the temple. And the screen goes black.

Then we see child Zelda back in her garden, when who should walk up to her but Link. The stare at each other as the words "The End" appear.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am a huge fan on both the n64 Zeldas and my favorite ending would definately be Majora's Mask. I know that I am probably in the minority on this one, but it really fits the whole "unique" feeling of the game. It isn't exactly as epic as the Ocarina of Time ending, but it still left me with a feeling that I had really done something good. Besides, I love hearing the zora band play together.

I don't mean to derail the topic by any means but, what is the deal with the one deku butler-ish person mourning next to the small deku figure? (the one you can see before you get to clock town)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you manage to find all 100 Gold Skultulas and turn every member of the cursed family back into humans, you get them in the end sequence, waving and dancing too iirc.

You also get a wedge of cash from the Dad when you defeat the 100th Skultula and turn him back into a human.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson

Basically, Link pwns Ganon, and Zelda and the sages seal him back up in the Dark World. Ganon, of course, vows to escape and exact revenge against their decendants, which sets up "A Link To The Past" nicely.

After Ganon is gone, Zelda, despite her wishes, decides to send Link back in time to regain his childhood, even though it means that she might never see him again. She takes the Ocarina and plays the Song of Time, thanking him as he his whisked back seven years. (Probably one of the most touching game moments I'd ever experienced at that point.)

And the credits roll, and the citizens of Hyrule dance around, celebrating Ganon's defeat.

Back in time, Link returns to the Temple of Time, nobody knowing what he did or who he was. He places the Master Sword back in it's pedestal, Navi, her work now done, leaves Link and Link walks out of the temple. And the screen goes black.

Then we see child Zelda back in her garden, when who should walk up to her but Link. The stare at each other as the words "The End" appear.
    That's IT?!?! man, Nintendo's endings kinda suck (so does Capcom's ) I do have to admit, however, that the scene with zelda playing the ocarina was very emotional.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't mean to derail the topic by any means but, what is the deal with the one deku butler-ish person mourning next to the small deku figure? (the one you can see before you get to clock town)
    I believe the figure is his dead son

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Yeah, the butler's son is that dead tree-it's also the person who's form you assume when you use the Deku Mask.

MM's ending was far more emotional, I thought, and didn't set up any confusing time-paradoxes.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The ending was ehhhhh not so good but I only remember the part where everyone is dancing like morons(I could say drunk but I've never seen a drunk dancing)but I think there was more but I don't remember.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus
    Yeah, the butler's son is that dead tree-it's also the person who's form you assume when you use the Deku Mask.

MM's ending was far more emotional, I thought, and didn't set up any confusing time-paradoxes.
    Alright, that makes sense, thank you both!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yes, i've seen it, and poses the following question:

The Kokiri tribe are said to have never left the forest, but the end clearly takes place around a bonfire at lonLon Ranch, which is actually outside the forest, which has Kokiri villagers present... This does not make sense, as Link is supposed to be the only Kokiri to have left the forest village...

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini-Phoenix

The Kokiri tribe are said to have never left the forest, but the end clearly takes place around a bonfire at lonLon Ranch, which is actually outside the forest, which has Kokiri villagers present... This does not make sense, as Link is supposed to be the only Kokiri to have left the forest village...
    Prehaps he started a trend. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What really bugs me about that games ending isn't the ending part, but before the final part of the final boss when the castle... melts.. Horrible special effects. Nintendo could have put a little more effort into collapsing a castle. I cried when the castle crumbled in Ico so beautifully, now if only Ocarina's castle could have done the same. Or at least looked better.

Ueda knows how to destroy stone structures. I'll tell you what.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not much else to add that hasn't already been said.

I enjoyed the ending of Zelda:OoT.
    It was a good ending to an epic game.
    May 19, 1998
    "Fever gone but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy. Itchy. Scott came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty."
    ~ Keeper's Diary

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini-Phoenix

Well it's to show the kokiri have finally realized they can leave the forest and not die, I think.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    strayhellcat

Link isn't a Kokiri, he's a Hyrulian. So he could leave the forest without any nasty side effects like death, but that doesn't explain the rest of them.

I prefered the Majora's Mask ending to the OoT one. OoT was okay, but really sad when you think about it. I mean, after all that effort, all he gets is to be turned back into a child and sent back to the Kokiri Forest where he never really fit in in the first place.

The Majora's ending when you get all the masks is the best ending of all the Zeldas.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It seems like everyone likes Majora's Mask's ending better; so, not to screw-up my own topic or anything, but what is MM's ending, then?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    and now, the smiley parade!!!

:/ :P x_x

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I want to hear this story too!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson

cool stuff, I never finished that game, but it sounds like a good ending, I'd probably never play through it again but its nice to have the closure!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by christhegamer
    That's IT?!?! man, Nintendo's endings kinda suck (so does Capcom's )
    Come back and say that after you've played Killer 7

I do have to admit, however, that the scene with zelda playing the ocarina was very emotional.
    Blah. I guess.

On the subject of Nintendo's endings, though, there were some reader letters on the subject back in Issue 102 (or maybe 101, the X-treme G cover is the one I'm talking about) on the issue. "Man, all that for a lousy cake?!"