Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xbox 360s are crashing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

OMG, people are having problems with something new. Cars are the same way and I don't recall people making a class action suit for a new car. (Recalls don't count).
    I think its the demand and the OMG its microsoft , I HATE microsoft bullshit that follows that company around.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Trip on this.....

I've bought my systems on day one since 1991 and the launch of the Super Nintendo. That means Sega CD, Atari Jaguar, Sega Saturn, Sony Playstation, Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, Sony Playstation 2, XBOX, GameCube and XBOX 360.

The only systems that I didn't buy on day one were the Panasonic 3DO, I got that about 5 months after it launched. I got my Turbo only a couple of months after it launched, same thing with the Sega Genesis. But you can see that I've had a streak going for buying systems the day they are released. It's a tradition of mine. One that will continue with the PS3 and Revolution.

I have never had a problem with any of the launch systems that I've bought. I've never had one my original units breakdown on me. So when everybody talks about avoiding launch systems, until the bugs can be worked out, I've never had a negative experience with a launch system. In fact, I think that when systems are first made, they typically use much more higher quality components. The systems are usually downgraded as time goes by. They use cheaper and cheaper components to lower the price.

Having said all of that crap, I must admit that I actually bought a protection plan through Microsoft for my 360. I figure it makes alot of sense. It's $65 with tax and everything, but for 2 years, I really don't need to worry about anything. I will move that system all over my house, have it vertical, horizontal, upside down, backwards, etc, etc. I don't give a damn. If it breaks, I'm covered. I might have to send it back to Microsoft, but I really don't mind that to much. Hopefully Sony offers a similar protection plan with the PS3. I think with these new consoles having multiple cores and all this crap, I mean.....These things are like super computers. They get hot as hell. That's just the way it is. This is some advanced technology for a mass consumer item.

I expect the Revolution to be $199, and at that price, I won't be buying a protection plan. I've never bought a protection plan before, even when I got my 3DO system, but I think nowadays with these $400 systems, you have to insure that the thing doesn't go down on you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    but I think nowadays with these $400 systems, you have to insure that the thing doesn't go down on you.
    I agree fully with you

It's just one of those things that I think are worthwhile to do anymore.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[quote="stonic"]
    Quote Originally Posted by sabre2922
    Of course in a perfect world all disc-based consoles would be built as solidly as the Gamecube wich in turn was designed and built by IBM FOR Nintendo.
    Wonder why the Jags aren't as reliable, since they were built by IBM. Hmm...

My point was that the Gamecube is a damn solid built system and that IBM was always known for a better quality product than Microsoft anyday.

....and the JAG? uh yeah I happened to have had one for over 3 months and it sure as hell didnt melt down or freeze up while playing Alien vs. Predator all those long hours and I would bet that even the hated Atari Jaguar is a more reliable system than the first batch of rushed out 360s.

Flame me if you want but Microsoft pushes rushed unfinished product out the door on a regular basis they are known for this and have always done this type of shit.

The fact is a large amount of 360s are fucking up and on a much larger scale that whatever the hell Microsoft tries to claim is "normal" or whatever.

I have to add that I wouldnt be surprised if once again the most solidly built next gen system will be the Revolution especially with the PS3 having soooo many different disc formats to support including a brand new one Blue Ray therefore if Sony doesnt make a concentrated effort to make the PS3 a much more reliable system than the first batch of PSXs and PS2s I suspect that the PS3 launch could have even more bugs and worse compatibility problems than the 360.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by sabre2922
    Of course in a perfect world all disc-based consoles would be built as solidly as the Gamecube wich in turn was designed and built by IBM FOR Nintendo.
    No in a prefect world all games would be cartridge based with huge amounts of memory and still be affordable, with all consoles using in-house processors that would rival the awsome power of Thor's Hammer.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

oh you must be talking about the Microninony Mjolnir that's coming out next year

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

what gets me in this day and age, why the powersupply isnt internal....hell the intellivision i just bought has a friggin internal power supply....and it was made in 1979!

on top of being un-necessary it seems to be causing these crashes from over heating which i woulda thought they woulda fixed before they released the damn thing. i mean having a little black brick power a couple of P4s a hard drive, ram, dvd drive, video....chip (its notta card) and other little things like wirelss transmitters, network ect, ect ect,.....its gonna need something near to a 650W+ power supply to have comfterable breathing room for stability purposes.