Thread: Famicom GB Micro Coming or Not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Quote Originally Posted by Six Switch
    wait,the micro doesn't play old original gameboy games?

i did not know that,weird.

Yup, it doesn't have room for the processor required to play the GB/GBC games. You still need an SP or original GB/GBC system to play those.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Strawberry (Level 2) Super Mario Fan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Commander
    I'm actually stunned this thing came out Famicom themed.
    How's the package? Is it like the usual US Micro boxes?

Not at all, actuall. It's a very neat box, that has a picture of the micro, and the 20th anniversery thing below it. It's a maroon color, with a white fron, and gold text. The unit itself is beautiful. It's so shiny, that you just might go blind.

It doesn't include a second facplate, or tool to take off the faceplate. But I already own a micro, so I have those. Although, I would never want to remove that gorgeous face plate. That is unless that they came out with a player II faceplate.

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by downfall
    Yeah, we have a bunch - I don't think we've sold any yet, though I'm seriously considering it. I really want a new GBA SP though - those are nice.

I bought one today, but most places around me, I have seen them sitting on the shelves, I got the advance sp with the micro screen, and to me thats more than worth it, but I got the micro for sheer collectibility...I wanna open it, but most likely won't
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GameSlaveGaz
    My boyfriend told me a couple weeks ago that the display boxes came in, and last week I was in the Saugus GameStop and I saw them behind the counter. I asked "is that just the display box or the real deal?" and he said "that's a real one" and I immediately called my boyfriend up and said "I know what you can get me for X-mas!!!" All the ones that came into his store sold out quickly (mostly to his co-workers) but he had one transferred from the Saugus store. . I always said that when I finally break down and get a Micro (because I wasn't totally interested in a GameBoy that can only play GBA) I was going to import the Famicom one for collectible reasons, and when I heard it was actually being released in America I flipped. And X-mas coming up and my boyfriend willing to buy me a system (our 3rd year together he spent over $200 for me buying a platinum GC, Super Mario Sunshine and a 59-block memory card for X-mas) I was all like "booyah! free Micro!" since I wasn't too keen on spending money on the Mirco b/c of its lack of backwards compatibility.

I love X-mas cuz I will also be getting a PSP. I was planning on waiting a loong while to get one, but since my MP3 player died, I considered an iPod, and true, the iPod is the most excellent MP3 player money can buy, but for the same price, I can get something that does 3 things instead of 1. And grandparents rock, because my grandfather would definitely buy it for me, and since he unnecessarily spoils me and my sister, he'll buy the $300 Giga Pack. (when I got the PS2 he insisted on buying the $330 Gran Turismo 3 pack so I would have a game, even though I told them I didn't want GT3 and I was already getting a couple games from my parents. But he did it anyway. And when he bought me Majora's Mask for my birthday, I didn't have an expansion pack but I said "that's ok, I'll pick one up tomorrow" and he left, went back to the store, bought the expansion pack, and came back within 20 minutes because "I should be able to enjoy my gift" so hooray for grandparents)

But, yeah, the Famicon Micro is here and it rocks and I'm getting one and yay!
    why are all your posts about your boyfriend?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm still waiting (and hoping) for an NES controller-style GBM =\