Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Super Princess Peach - official thread

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Right... I can confirm that puzzle pieces (I don't know about musical notes) from Puzles A, B, C & D exist in the second run through!

YAY!

It makes sense, because you collect everything a level has to offer, the point on the map fills with a gold star. Which is great.

Edit: Fingers crossed, I should 100% this tonight!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Woohoo! I finally got 100% on this baby.

Everything has been found. All bonus levels conquered. Every music and puzzle piece has been found. Every shop item acquired. Every mini-game beaten.

And beating Bowser the first time, although it adds new items to collect to all the levels, does not take out the old things. I know this because I realized after I beat the game initially, that I missed one of the D puzzle pieces. But I ended up finding it later anyway and was able to unlock everything.

The reward for getting everything is ENDLESS VIBE, meaning your Vibe gauge never depletes. The most fun way to use this is to run through levels with your Fire powers and just plow through things almost invincibly. I mean, there's nothing left to do, so Endless Vibe doesn't really HELP with anything, but it's nice to have anyway.

And if I may offer some advice. I was getting really mad at the Toad Jump mini-game, because it was very unresponsive for me, and I made myself dizzy from blowing so hard. Don't listen to the instructions. Instead of blowing, speak into the mic. I find the game is much more responsive that way, and I didn't make myself dizzy either. You need to complete every level of all three mini-games to get 100%.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snapple
    And if I may offer some advice. I was getting really mad at the Toad Jump mini-game, because it was very unresponsive for me, and I made myself dizzy from blowing so hard. Don't listen to the instructions. Instead of blowing, speak into the mic. I find the game is much more responsive that way, and I didn't make myself dizzy either. You need to complete every level of all three mini-games to get 100%.
    That mini-game was evil, I tell ya, EVIL! It took me a good while to find the optimum distance away from the microphone, to time the jumps. About a foot is good. I must have spent a good hour trying different strengths of blowing, different distances to blow at, and even as you suggested - I tried speaking, making grunts, and various other sounds.

It was not fun to play!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm bumping this because I finally 100%ed the game! Whoo! Beat all the levels. Got all the Toads. Beat Bowser and saved Luigi and Mario. Beat all the new levels and got their items. Beat every old level again and got all their new hidden items. Beat all the bosses again. Beat Bowser a second time (He was a little smarter, but I was a bit wiser.) and got my star next to the game item.

Whoo! I haven't fully 100%-ed a game in a long time. Back in the days of the N64 I could beat Mario 64 or Banjo-Kazooie and get every Star, every Jiggy, every Jinjo or Note, etc.. but I eventually got to the point games were getting too frustrating to get all 100%. Now I've done it again! So happy.

Now to get the last two star coins in NSMB and 100% that one too. Then the last stars in Mario 64DS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    Yada Yada Yada I beat a girls game..

pssst... how did you beat that star that appears in part of a level?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You have to find it in three seperate levels. Sneak up on it and whack it each time.

Also, what the hell you mean "Girls game"? This game's more Mario than many of the recent Mario games are.

Edit: Well, the problem is even though I have every puzzle piece, minigame, Toad, enemy on my Glossary, etc.. there's one item in the Toad store with blue ??? that I can't figure out. It's on page 2/7 under "Natural Power".

What is it? It's forever on backorder! I'm beginning to think it's an EyeTV 250.

Without it, my 100% is more like a 99.999999%.