Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Meancode
    PSN
    Meancode

ha ha. the comment about thinking this was gonna be a cheap game to get Peach out as a hero. I think THAT is the reason this game is getting luke warm press.

Right now I am to the world 3 boss and have every Toad so far.

Of course I got all three Perry upgrades at the shop before I noticed the darn pink arrow, heh. A Gamereviewgod moment, if you will.
    Ken Edwards
    Blogcritics.org Editor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What are the upgrades you can buy?
    They call me Ha-do-ken, cause I'm down, right, fierce.

www.LANgaming.net
    www.RetroGoggles.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by 2Dskillz
    What are the upgrades you can buy?
    A ground pound, an umbrella float, and a projectile attack, that I know of.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Meancode
    PSN
    Meancode

There is this drink you can buy for 1000 that gives you a BIG coin when you kill enemies. That is a nice upgrade

When you beat the game there is one other move Peach can do. She can do damage when sliding.

I am in the 5th world now. And yea. This game is big. I just wish all the environmental obstacles and boss fights were not spoon fed to you with little help balloons. It is an easy game because of this fact. There are some challenging points, but not as annoying as some past SMB games.

I can't wait to unlock the 3rd mini-game. The 2nd one is a lot of fun.
    Ken Edwards
    Blogcritics.org Editor

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, this morning I finished up 8-6, and without spoiling anything.. I'll just say that I really enjoyed the boss battle. It felt like the rest of the game - very well done.

After you finish the game, it not only opens up the new levels, but also places items back in the old levels. For example, I just replayed the first level and 2 new puzzle pieces and one music note were scattered throughout. It looks like you're going to have to clear every level again to find everything.

Quote Originally Posted by meancode
    When you beat the game there is one other move Peach can do. She can do damage when sliding.

Actually, you have the ability to damage while sliding from the beginning. You gain a different ability when you beat the game. I also tried the minigames for the first time. The 2nd one is my favorite, but they're all a nice diversion from the main game.

Also, anyone have a good level to rack up coins in? I need to finish out my shop list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by JWKobayashi
    Well, this morning I finished up 8-6, and without spoiling anything.. I'll just say that I really enjoyed the boss battle. It felt like the rest of the game - very well done.

After you finish the game, it not only opens up the new levels, but also places items back in the old levels. For example, I just replayed the first level and 2 new puzzle pieces and one music note were scattered throughout. It looks like you're going to have to clear every level again to find everything.

Actually, you have the ability to damage while sliding from the beginning. You gain a different ability when you beat the game. I also tried the minigames for the first time. The 2nd one is my favorite, but they're all a nice diversion from the main game.

Also, anyone have a good level to rack up coins in? I need to finish out my shop list.
    If you have the coin powerup that gives you five for each enemy whacked with the umbrella, just hang out by a goomba-spawning pipe for a few minutes :P
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus
    If you have the coin powerup that gives you five for each enemy whacked with the umbrella, just hang out by a goomba-spawning pipe for a few minutes :P
    Oh my god, you know where the best place to do that is? World 7-3 on the second screen. There is a stack of pipes with 6 Goomba generators spitting out an infinite stream of Goombas. Plus there's 5-coin coins all over the place, lots of blocks with coins in them. It's like Coin Heaven.

And the level after that one, 7-4 has a cool part where you can kick a Koopa shell down a long slide killing two dozen goombas getting tons of coins and hearts.

7-3 and 7-4 are the winners here. Awesome game!

World 8 is awesome so far. I'monly on 8-1 and already it's bringing back streams of nostalgia. The swinging spiked balls are very reminicent of Mario Land 2 in Wario's castle. And the firebars make a triumphant return. I love it!

Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great game! Its one of those games where you just want to keep on playing. The ghost level was alot like super mario world. Just sweet. Its about time they started making more mario side scrollers. And this time peach is the main character. Kinda takes you back to the days when you could use the princess in SMB2.

Now we just have to wait it out a couple months for NEW super mario bros.

OH YEAH!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just picked the game up and so far I really like it. It makes the bus rides to and from work go so much faster. I am at the end of the first world, and each level seems to last the exact time of my commute.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This game rocks! I've been playing it along with both of my kids and I'm really surprised at how much I'm enjoying it. It is a tad bit easy, but I'm only on the 3rd world so maybe that'll change later. I have died a couple of times...so yeah. But most importantly, it's just good simple platforming fun!
    3,582 games and counting! Pics of tons of stuff!
    Come visit and sign the guestbook:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v48/SimplyDave/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm finally on Bowser. I kicked the Hammer Bros. asses, then got three hits out of Bowser before he killed me. Gonna take a lot of practice I can tell.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So, I got this game yesterday (from eBayer Gamesfocus - who I heartily recommend to you British DSers looking to import!) and I'm loving it!

OK, so already (I'm at the end of World 2) I can tell this game is going to be pretty easy. But it doesn't matter, it is a blast to play. Finding all of the toads is a little challenging, at least. Graphically, the game is spot-on and the music is good as well, though it isn't as catchy as some of the Mario tunes of old.

This game will probably never be up there with Super Mario World, SMB3 or Yoshi's Island, but it is still a really great game. Easily the best platformer on DS right now, in my opinion.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Only problem I have with the game so far is as follows: [Highlight to read, may contain spoilers]

[When I got to Bowsers castle, it said I couldn't go in until I had all the Toads. At that point I had maybe 25-30% of them. I usually rush through the game, and go searching after. I guess it's alright for a change, but it kinda ticked me off that I had to go all the way back through. I think I have 3 Toads left til I can face Bowser...]

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SlayerX
    Only problem I have with the game so far is as follows (Potential spoiler ridden text)
    Wow, I guess I didn't realize that. Luckily I didn't have that problem, I'd have been pissed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What's bad is just when you thought you "beat it" you got about a third of the game completed. Just you wait and see - I thought it was done sapping my free time, and it's like getting the "the princess is in another castle" bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Meancode
    PSN
    Meancode

Quote Originally Posted by FullCircle
    What's bad is just when you thought you "beat it" you got about a third of the game completed. Just you wait and see - I thought it was done sapping my free time, and it's like getting the "the princess is in another castle" bit.
    HA HA - so true!

And I just found this out. Be sure and get ALL the hidden puzzle pieces and music in all the levels BEFORE you beat bowser! You cannot obtain these after. I just started a new game because of this. You should have puzzle 1 through 4 complete before you face Bowser, I think.
    Ken Edwards
    Blogcritics.org Editor

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And I just found this out. Be sure and get ALL the hidden puzzle pieces and music in all the levels BEFORE you beat bowser! You cannot obtain these after. I just started a new game because of this. You should have puzzle 1 through 4 complete before you face Bowser, I think.
    Oh great! Even more time to spend before I face Bowser! x_x Is there anyway to see which levels you got puzzle pieces from, or rather, which ones you missed the puzzle pieces in? That'd be grand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Meancode
    PSN
    Meancode

No, as I believe you get a star on a level when you get the three Toads. That changes after you defeat Bowser however, as you will not get a star until you get the music and puzzle pieces in the level.

Just look for the exclimation mark when you enter a room, or if you have the Rumble Pack, that makes it even easier. Or go to GameFAQS :P

I am playing through again and on Area 5. I hope I am getting all the puzzle pieces. I will find out when I get to the end of Area 8.
    Ken Edwards
    Blogcritics.org Editor

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Super Princess Peach works with the Rumble Pak? I should just leave the Rumble Pak in, me thinks.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WTF. I had all but one of the puzzle pieces before I beat Bowser (I am missing 1 piece from puzzle 4). I assumed that I would just be able to go back and get it. Argh... I'm already halfway thru World 6 on the "2nd Quest".