Thread: Camerica Prototype/Sample carts

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Camerica Prototype/Sample carts

Hey guys I've got a question or two

I've got some interesting Camerica prototype/testing carts. I recieved them so that I could give feedback and try to think of positive things to say for the endorsements. It's really interesting because I have the retail ones as well to compare them to. The retail camerica carts have 'Made in Taiwan - Design Patent Pending' on the rear of them. All of these prototype/samples are just blank where that is, and have BLACK screws, except for one. Anyways .. here they are :

(1)- BMX Simulator. This cart has this game ONLY. No switch on rear side, no Made in Taiwan engraving. Black & White label. This was released in retail as part of the Quattro Sports cart.

(2)- Linus Spacehead (2nd revision?). Again, this cart has this game only. Weird thing about this one is that it's in a Mig 29 case, only with a black marker-written 'Linus 2' on the label. Does have the switch and normal retail case. Strange. I know they made Linus versions for a Quattro cart and the Alladin thing, but I'm not sure if this is exactly the same as either of those.

(3)- Ultimate Stuntman. In a totally blank gold cart, no switch, no 'Made in Taiwan'. Has a tiny sticker that says 'Stunt Man' under tape on the reverse. Fire it up, and it goes STRAIGHT to the title screen, no Codemasters flash screen like the retail title. Not sure if there are other differences.

(4) Mig 29. Stranger still. Totally blank & unlabled gold cart, but it DOES have the switch like retail games do, though it doesn't have the 'Made in Taiwan' like the retail one does. I need to fire up the retail one and see if there are any noticable game differences.

(5) The Boomerang Kid. This is just like the BMX Simulator cart, has B&W label (someone wrote by hand in small print 'quattro adventure' on this label under the printed 'The Boomerang Kid' portion), has no switch, no 'Made in Taiwan'. Fires up, goes straight to the game.

What are these types of things worth? I may have some more, I'm still going through boxes of old stuff from the NWC era.

Thanks

EDIT : Just dug out a Quattro Adventure sample cart as well, and the version of Linus is totally different, so the other Linus sample must be the Alladin version.

EDIT 2 : PICS!! I'm getting a new digital camera soon, so I will repost with really good ones soon I hope.

Fronts :

Backs :

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

I deleted your bump in the other thread, since you made this topic.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Yashiro
    I deleted your bump in the other thread, since you made this topic.
    Thank you