My copy of super mario sunshine arrived in the mail today from Buyrite video games... this was one of the most anticipated games of the year for me. I ripped through the plastic wrapping, eager to grasp the tiny game disc I knew was trapped inside. As I placed the game into my Gamecube I thought, WOW, it took 6 years for a new Mario game to reach my home. I turned on the machine... and let a bit of nostogia seep through my head as I listened to the "coin chime" for the Nintendo logo.

OK enough blabber out of my mouth, it wasn't as magical as described in the above paragraph.... but while playing through this game all day I have realized that all new Mario games continue to bring back a great sense of the past, as well as the future. While the textures and some graphics are a little under par on this one, some effects in the game have litterally boggled my mind, and it's amazing how much can be going onscreen with the cube.

Super Mario sunshine's gameplay is exactly like mario 64, with some added moves and features. I'd like to call it the kind of changes we saw from Super Mario Bros. 3 to Super Mario World, only this time the two games are Super Mario 64 and Super mario Sunshine.

I'll keep you updated on my progress through the game. Right now I have 20 of the 120 shines.... and for playing the game all day, it's safe to say that Sunshine is a lot harder than 64.

Any questions? Ask them here.