Thread: Complete list of all Golgo 13 games?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Complete list of all Golgo 13 games?

Golgo 13 for NES has always had a special spot in my heart. It was the first game that i ever bought with my own money and I loved everything about it: the story, music, different styles of game play. The violence and suggested sex was great too and I'm still amazed that Nintendo gave it's seal of approval to it.

Although we got The Mafat Conspiracy, I was really bummed that more G13 games weren't released in the US. After some searching though, I found that there were several titles available overseas:

Spectrum Computer:
    Can't remember the name but i've got the ROM somewhere

Arcade:
    KLOV says there was a Japanese G13 arcade game released in 1999. Downloaded the ROM and it looks a lot like Silent Scope, although I couldn't play it on my computer.

Playstation:
    Again, I don't know the official names, but it looks like there were a couple released on PS1 in Japan. Think these are digital comics though and not actually games.

Misc:
    There is a Golgo 13 themed slot machine that pops up on Ebay every once in a while.

Can anyone add to the list or provide more info on the import titles?

EDIT: I guess this belongs in the classic gaming forum. Mods?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    petewhitley

Oh yeah, lifetime Duke Togo fan here. I haven't heard of the Spectrum title; perhaps you're thinking of the SG-1000 game? I'm not entirely positive I know all the games, but here's what I've found through the years:

SG-1000: Golgo 13 (own it)

Arcade (1984): Golgo 13 (never seen it)

MSX: Golgo 13 Okami no Su (own it)

Game & Watch (non-Nintendo): Golgo 13 (own it)

NES/Famicom: Golgo 13 Top Secret Episode, The Mafat Conspiracy/Riddle of Icarus (own US/JPN versions)

N64: (Vik Tokai was supposedly 70% done with a Golgo 13 title that never saw the light of day)

Playstation: Golgo 13 Karairu no Yabou, Golgo 13 Kenenai Guntai (own the first; never seen the second, which is peculiar ... not games, interactive comics), also Pachislot Teiou Golgo 13 Las Vegas (video slots, never seen it)

Pachi-Slot: Golgo 13 (often on eBay, waiting for a local auction to bite)

Arcade (1999/2000): Golgo 13/Golgo 13 Kiseki (someday when I have space it will be mine, sometimes on eBay, there is reportedly a sequel to the original sniper game, I've trolled alot of arcades in Kansai and never come across it ...)

That's all I know of. If anyone has concrete information on any other Golgo 13 video games please let me know. The JPN titles are very difficult to find; I lived in Japan and was constantly searching for them. The SG-1000 game I saw a few times, the MSX game I found once, the PS1 title I found a couple of times.

Banana (Level 7) pragmatic insanester's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the anime is in dire need of a remake and a video game adaptation.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

secret ties (unreleased nes) was in the same universe as golgo 13 (duke togo was referenced in the game as well)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    petewhitley

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzwing256
    secret ties (unreleased nes) was in the same universe as golgo 13 (duke togo was referenced in the game as well)
    When you say it was in the same universe, does this indicate that it was based on a Takao Saito (the creator of Golgo 13) property? I'm confused ... I've never seen the game.

Edit: I saw a write up over at Lost Levels about it. Based on the Takao Saito manga "Magical Theif Sugar" I'll play through the ROM in eager anticipation of the Duke reference ...

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Whoa, that's weird. I wonder how they fit into the G13 story...never read the mangas.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

All things considered, the Golgo 13 on SG-1000 isn't the system's best title. What are the best games from this series?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    petewhitley

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    All things considered, the Golgo 13 on SG-1000 isn't the system's best title. What are the best games from this series?
    As much as I love the character and backstory, the video game history of Golgo 13 isn't too spectacular. The SG-1000 title is the only game I'm familiar with on the system, so it's mediocre status doesn't surprise me. The first NES game is notable for it's strong sexual content, though the maze levels make the game at times unplayable. Gameplay wise I vastly prefer the 1999 arcade title, kinda a Silent Scope affair that's fairly unforgiving. But there's not alot of competition. Honestly the most fun I've ever had with them is probably the Pachi-Slot title (actual machine vs. the port), as you could (of course) win money by playing it. Though Pachinko was more my strong suit ...