Thread: Laseractive Not Reading CD's Well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Laseractive Not Reading CD's Well

I've had my Laseractive player with the Sega PAC-S10 for about 6 months now but I've never really sat down and played any SegaCD games until recently. I mainly used the LaserActive for just watching LD's and playing Genesis carts and LA discs.

Last night I put NHL '94 for SegaCD in. About half way thru the first period, the sound cuts out and the cd tray opens up with the game still going. OK, no problem. Probably couldn't read because the disc or laser lens was dirty. I take the disc out and there isn't a single scratch or fingerprint on it, so that can't be the problem. Figure it's the laser lens so I put in one of those CD laser lens cleaners. After doing that I *STILL* had the same problem. I then try Sonic CD and the exact same thing happens. About 5-10 minutes into the game, the disc ejects. I put the cleaning disc in again and now that has problems playing. x_x

Anyone have an idea of what the problem could be? Do I need to get the laser cleaned/adjusted? Strange thing is I've never had a problem playing LD's or LaserActive discs on this thing. Does the LaserActive use separate lasers for CD's and LD's?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Laseractive Not Reading CD's Well

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa
    Does the LaserActive use separate lasers for CD's and LD's?
    Nope, there's only 1 laser. I've got a dead unit that I'm hunting a good one down for.

If you want to look for donor lasers, search this forum for another Laseractive thread that I posted in.