Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Need some info on connecting us consoles in europe

ok got the following things today WITHOUT any cables:

2x US-SNES
    1x US-NES
    1x US Sega Saturn

as i said, without any cables, i don't have any ac adapters here at home, and if possible i don't want to buy one. Can i connect the nes using my pal snes ac adaptor?? i mean, it also converts to the needed dc input, doesn't it?? The nes says i should use only NES-002 Adapters, the pal-snes/nes adapter is NES-002E, does it work??

My biggest problem is the sega saturn, i have no idea what adapter i could use with it, ive got the following ac adapters
    SNES PAL
    NES PAL
    Nintendo 64 PAL
    Gamecube PAL
    Dreamcast PAL
    Mega Drive PAL
    PSX PAL

do any of these fit?? or does at least anyone know what input the saturn needs?? oh and are there any controllers that fit to the saturn except of its own??

Now on to video connection, my tv is able to show 50/60Hz , so this should work with normal av-cable, shouldn't it?

I got another thing, its a famicom clone from SVC, it's PAL-D what does that mean? and it's ac adaptor doesn't fit into german power supplies?!?? its not that the contacts are wrong, they are just to short *lol*, any idea what i could use?? it does need 9V with 800mA, the NES-002 adapter does produce 9V with 1,4A so this wouldn't work

thanks a lot

btw, what are those pirate copies for the famicom clone worth? games like sonic 5, mario 16 .... are included

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

You should be able to run any US machines off a European power supply. My US SNES has a UK power supply for it. And I know you can use PAL N64/GC power supply with import console versions. AV and S-video cables will work fine with any of the Nintendo machines, you'll only get RGB if they've been internally modified to output it (like my SNES/N64 have).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks a lot, but the us-snes has another plug for power supply then the pal-snes, could perhaps someone give me one, you americans should have enough of them

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Ah yeah that is true... I have an "adapter" between the SNES plug socket and the power supply...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Need some info on connecting us consoles in europe

Hi!

When you need alternative power supplies for a videogame you must check:

- voltage (V)
    - current (mA, A)
    - polarity (for example, if the centre of plug is positive or negative)

If the current of the power supply offers more mA than the videogame needs, there is no problem. The problem will occur if you use a power supply with less mA than the device requires, the power supply may be damaged.

About the voltage, some videogames don't need an exact voltage to work, and a power supply with a bit higher voltage will work. For example, using a 12V, 1A power supply in Atari 2600 (requires 9V 500mA). The internal voltage regulator in console will be a bit hotter because of the extra 3V, but the Atari will use only 0.5A of the 1A available (without any problem, extra mA/A available is even better for the power supply life time). Of course, the 9V power supply is better, but you can use the 12V until get the original psu.

The most important thing is the polarity of the power supply's connector. For example, I use the same power supply for my NES clones, PC Engine Core Grafx, and for Brazilian Mega Drive. All of them use connector with centre negative.

Best regards,

Sergio

Quote Originally Posted by hydr0x
    I got another thing, its a famicom clone from SVC, it's PAL-D what does that mean? and it's ac adaptor doesn't fit into german power supplies?!?? its not that the contacts are wrong, they are just to short *lol*, any idea what i could use?? it does need 9V with 800mA, the NES-002 adapter does produce 9V with 1,4A so this wouldn't work

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

easiest way is getting a US-PSU and a step-down-converter that downgrades the 220-240 volts to 110-115 volts.

Michael

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My US SNES runs off a variable powerpack and adaptor bit I got from Maplins for £11.99 and 49p respectivly.
    It's also possible to hack up a Megadrive 2 or Spectrum powerpack (same voltage/current) and wire it upto the adaptor bit

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

AHHHH ZOMBIE THREAD!!!!!

i need some info on the following

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You should be able to run any US machines off a European power supply. My US SNES has a UK power supply for it.
    Does this mean that you're successfully running a US SNES on 220VAC circuit by using the Euro AC/AC adapter?

I'm asking because I recently go a US NES and I'm in Australia. So I'm wondering if the NES-002E adapter will suffice. It's for 220VAC in, 9VAC 1.3A 17W out, which is the same as the NES-002 adapter.

Can anyone confirm?

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

It's an external power supply. The internal requirements of the SNES are the same regardless of where you are in the world, as long as you use a local transformer, it's all okay. Just a question of finding a plug to fit in the console for the SNES though.

For example, I run my import US N64, Gamecube and Wii using UK power supplies, and I charge my US DS using a UK doobrie. As said I use a UK supply on my US SNES, but I have an adapter (supplied when I bought the console back in 1991!) to bridge between the difference in socket size.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks for the info!! tried my aussie power supply on the US NES and works great!

Thanks

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

does your snes take in AC or DC voltage?