Page 15 of 81 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has a complete US DS collection? User updated towards end of thread

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Was just about to post the news myself! I'm gutted! Japan always get the goodies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd expect Importaku to grab up some of those.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dbiersdorf
    Heads up to everyone, Club Nintendo in Japan is getting what is more then likely an exclusive Game & Watch Collection for the DS. Considering Nintendo of America's horrible rewards program I'd jump on this as soon as it is released (you know they're hitting eBay).

if anyone has any idea where some of this stuff can be purchased please share with the group

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

while i agree, the reward program for NOA is awful... but i can't imagine that this game wouldn't be available at all in the US... the other game&watch games for game boy came here... so did pac-man vs and the zelda collector's edition titles that were all japanese incentives.

i doubt we'll see game&watch offered via reward program, and if japan's not even getting it as a full release then we probably won't either... but i wouldn't be surprised if this became the first DS lite bundle offered later this year. it would easily fit in with the whole 'touch generations' thing of simple games for non-gamers.

just something to think about before dropping a ton of cash on the japanese club nintendo version... you may not want to hop on board the first one posted on ebay... hold off a bit and it might wind up coming here.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Capybara554321's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree why wouldnt they offer it here im sure there isnt alot of text if any to change. I think they should offer it as a reward though there are only 27 (if im counting right) games they should give it to who ever has atleast 5 with mario mario kart nintendogs metroid and any brain game it doesnt seem to bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DocRamon
    while i agree, the reward program for NOA is awful... but i can't imagine that this game wouldn't be available at all in the US... the other game&watch games for game boy came here... so did pac-man vs and the zelda collector's edition titles that were all japanese incentives.

i doubt we'll see game&watch offered via reward program, and if japan's not even getting it as a full release then we probably won't either... but i wouldn't be surprised if this became the first DS lite bundle offered later this year. it would easily fit in with the whole 'touch generations' thing of simple games for non-gamers.

just something to think about before dropping a ton of cash on the japanese club nintendo version... you may not want to hop on board the first one posted on ebay... hold off a bit and it might wind up coming here.
    Personally I don't think US will see a release for it. But I could be wrong considering it does work well as a "Touch Generation" title, and Nintendo is really working hard to push those. But you can't compare this to the Game & Watch Gallery titles on GB/GBC/GBA, those were much more full fledged and actually redone, this is simply taking old games and putting them on the DS.

Thus far, anything that hit Club Nintendo first has yet to see an American release. We got Collector's Edition first, as well as Metroid Prime 2 Demo. Outside of that we haven't seen anything cool yet. And it sucks because I really want those awesome GameCube controllers.
    Mostly just play Nintendo 64. If you've got games PM me! Cart only.

Strawberry (Level 2) Pedro Lambrini's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One thing's for sure. None of this stuff will make it to European shores...

Hopefully the Game & Watch collection will come out in the US so that I can import it. You never know.
    Pretty Fly for a Doom Guy...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"But you can't compare this to the Game & Watch Gallery titles on GB/GBC/GBA, those were much more full fledged and actually redone, this is simply taking old games and putting them on the DS."

and what was the NES Classics series? seems to me that the simplicity behind it and the potential money that could be made by selling it... sounds EXACTLY like something NOA would try to pull.

it could be a budget title, it could be a bundled game, it could be a pre-order bonus... i don't know how we'll get it, but i have a feeling it's not far off...

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my point blank already shipped it says i will get it in the mail monday.

Anyway yeah My collection is *shock of shocks* still missing harry potter, madden 06, and fifa world cup

My collection: Users.ign.com/jcnet1
    (old systems missing lots, new systems missing some (havent updated for almost a year)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$5 off any ds game at toys r us if you want to print more than one just do it in explorer and clear the cookies and temp files

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am hoping to get a complete DS collection too. But I am concerned that there will be too many title released eventually so many that I'll never have a complete collection like the playstation there are just too many to keep up with.

Do you guys share this concern too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think you're looking at a collection in the wrong way.

i'm collecting DS games because i genuinely enjoy the DS and its games. i'm not doing this because i want to have a complete collection of... something.

so from that perspective, i hope we DO get a ton of titles released. that's what keeps things fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DocRamon
    "and what was the NES Classics series? seems to me that the simplicity behind it and the potential money that could be made by selling it... sounds EXACTLY like something NOA would try to pull.

it could be a budget title, it could be a bundled game, it could be a pre-order bonus... i don't know how we'll get it, but i have a feeling it's not far off...
    You can't really compare the fanbase of classic NES games to the fanbase of Game & Watch games... it's like David to Goliath.
    Mostly just play Nintendo 64. If you've got games PM me! Cart only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

granted, a lot of people (the young'ns) didn't know what a game&watch was until SSBM... but given the NOA track record of trying to squeeze everything for the maximum amount of profit possible (as a good company should), i would not be a bit surprised to see it release this christmas for $20, or maybe even $15, slapped with a little 'touch generations' label...

"it's a non-game! it's retro! it's cheap! it's the holidays! it's the perfect stocking stuffer!"

at least that's what i would do... give it flashy boxart, price it to move (since it's only 3 games) and stick it out on the shelves during the busiest shopping season... people would eat that up.

EDIT: oh, and i found point blank ds in-store at fry's... had tons of copies, so it's probably not rare, just new.

Insert Coin (Level 0) SolidZach's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nice collection, might as well just get the stupid harry potter game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I Got Pirates of the Carribean for the DS

I went up to EB Games to pick up Break 'em All for the DS. I saw Pirates of the Carribean behind the counter on the floor and they sold it to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For the record, my local TRU had a bunch of Point Blank DS games when I stopped in today.
    Russ Perry Jr, 2175 S Tonne Dr #114, Arlington Hts IL 60005
    Got any obscure game stuff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did any one else know that Tenchu was a Gamestop/EB exclusive game?
    Link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

k mart had point blank as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara554321
    Did any one else know that Tenchu was a Gamestop/EB exclusive game?
    Link
    yes, i knew about it... but i don't think that will make it any more difficult to find in the short run. i'd just make sure that you pick up a copy early on if you want it... cause i'm sure at some point the exclusivity factor will play into the game's ultimate value.

for what it's worth though... i read somewhere (?) that it's not an exclusive by gamestop's choice, but rather... they're the only retailer that actually picked it up for sale. all the others declined (no idea why) and thus gamestop sorta fell into the exclusivity... thus no major price hike. not sure if there is any stock in that, but interesting if true.