Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has a complete US DS collection? User updated towards end of thread

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I edited the main post yesterday I found a few errors and counted mario kart twice, there are only 92 ds games currently.

As for snood - my bestbuy has literally 20+ copies of it so it isnt that rare in my area at least currently.

To be honest I have found that kim possible is somewhat rare in my area its not exactly a budget game in the same manner as like ford racing 3 or space invaders yet it seems to be harder to find than both of those games.

I'd say kim possible is probably one of the "rarest" new releases - thats not to say its rare, its just the "rarest" in my area of DS games that came out in the last 3 months.

I did pickup spongebob today though for 20 bucks at bestbuy, that puts me at 89/92 DS games

Only lacking:
    -harry potter (lol waiting a long time for it)
    -madden 06 (waiting till a big price drop as well)
    -Kim possible (this will be my next target aside from games that come out next week - i'll prolly get kim possible if I can find it for 20 dollars new)

My collection: Users.ign.com/jcnet1
    (old systems missing lots, new systems missing some (havent updated for almost a year)

Insert Coin (Level 0) Capybara554321's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

List on latest page

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I updated the list, I'll clean up the list organization in my NEXT update (busy week this week)

(old systems missing lots, new systems missing some (havent updated for almost a year)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so did any of you guys order the pokepark ds?

i've been tempted to, but haven't yet. my main focus has always been on the games, and anything else that i acquire is just fun extras... it's just such good little collector's item though. not for the actual console (which is crap) but for the limited availability. i probably won't get it, but kudos to those who do.

oh... and what about that one guy's 6 crystal studded DS systems? anyone pick one of those up? if he had gotten them a month ago, i would have jumped on one right away, but with games starting up again now, $500 is just too much to drop on another DS when my main focus is the actual games.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

^I agree games are my primary focus too above consoles (which is why I got the nintendogs DS as opposed to ever buying an electric blue one)

As for that walmart exclusive DS, I have too many doubts about it to get it. It's probably just a re-packaged / resealed japanese model. I honestly dont remember ever hearing anything about it from nintendo and that is why I have that suspicion.

Anyway as for the diamond DS - now that is something I wouldnt mind owning. I just cant rationalize paying that much for a portable system I already have more than one of.

I'll stick to waiting for my local stores to get copies of nicktoons unite in lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DocRamon
    so did any of you guys order the pokepark ds?
    I did

I just want to say again, that the DS will be my first "complete" system collection, so I wasn't really prepared for what that entailed.

Apparently for me it involves getting every color system (preferably ones that are bundled with a game) and every game release thats available for sale in the US (plus an little collector extras)

So, in addition to the 5 systems I already had (see pic in this thread) I will now have a sixth system (the pokepark one)

The way I see it is this...it may indeed just be the Japanese system in new packaging, or maybe not new packaging at all...and even though I'm not collection the Japanese systems, this one is being made available through a US retailer (and not an import store). So to me, it counts as a US released color/special system.

Now, back to the games...at the moment I am missing 8 games from a complete set. Thankfully it looks like January will be a pretty slow month for releases and I may be able to get caught up.

And finally...yes, I am crazy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are you going to get the Mew Pink one then too? What about the Pepsi blue?
    Mostly just play Nintendo 64. If you've got games PM me! Cart only.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Animerforever05's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xmagxus
    I edited the main post yesterday I found a few errors and counted mario kart twice, there are only 92 ds games currently.

As for snood - my bestbuy has literally 20+ copies of it so it isnt that rare in my area at least currently.

To be honest I have found that kim possible is somewhat rare in my area its not exactly a budget game in the same manner as like ford racing 3 or space invaders yet it seems to be harder to find than both of those games.

I'd say kim possible is probably one of the "rarest" new releases - thats not to say its rare, its just the "rarest" in my area of DS games that came out in the last 3 months.

I did pickup spongebob today though for 20 bucks at bestbuy, that puts me at 89/92 DS games

Only lacking:
    -harry potter (lol waiting a long time for it)
    -madden 06 (waiting till a big price drop as well)
    -Kim possible (this will be my next target aside from games that come out next week - i'll prolly get kim possible if I can find it for 20 dollars new)
    i'm dying to see a PIC!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Animerforever05's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is all i own!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have....

Systems:

Nintendo DS Silver
    Nintendo DS Nintendogs Blue

Games:
    1.Animal Crossing: Wild World
    2.Asphalt Urban GT
    3.Mario Kart DS
    4.Super Mario 64 DS
    5.Wario Ware Touched
    6.Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith
    7.Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
    8.Battles of Prince of Persia
    9.Need for Speed: Underground 2
    10.Goldeneye:Rogue Agent
    11.Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
    12.Polariun
    13.Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble
    14.Pheonix Wright: Ace Attourney
    15.Tony Hawk's American Sk8land
    16.Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt
    17.Nintendogs Best Friends

Not a huge amount of games by any means but I like all of them, except Goldeneye and Need for Speed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i'm on the exact same page as xmagxus...

not looking to get all the consoles, just all the games. like him, i bought a teal DS, but skipped on electric blue, pearl pink, and hot rod red. that's not to say that i won't ever pick up any additional colors... but pokepark certainly isn't gonna be it.

and seeing as how the pokepark ds REALLY seems to be the japanese one made available via walmart, i'm not so sure it's appropriate to call it "exclusive" anymore. walmart just became a well-known importer of the system, that's all. however, i do agree with drexel that it now counts as an american released console.

the DS is my first complete game collection as well, and i too started with the lofty goals of drexel... every game and every console... everything! but i gave up on the console idea after really looking into it.

perhaps i'm just too obsessive about it, but i'd really want every color. that would include the japanese colors. that would include the japanese mew pink and pepsi blue ones that dbiersdorf mentioned. sadly, it would also include some of the REALLY rare ones... the "hot summer" prizes given out in japan. the one-of-a-kind electroplankton one that belongs to Toshio Iwai. the 50 cent "G Unit" DS that was made especially for him... which, let's be honest, if you ever own that DS you're being hunted. it's too much.

and sure, you could say "all american retail releases" similar to what most of us are doing with games... but even that becomes too much. cause by your rules (made available by a US retailer that's not an import store) all those crystal DS systems are needed for a complete collection since they're carred by the nintendo world store.

i'm not trying to turn you away from it. if anything, seeing how massive of an undertaking it is will make it all the more impressive when you finish. i'm just explaining where i'm at with console colors. i learned early that it was going to be impossible to accomplish, whereas games are more readily available by nature. i'm hoping you understand that.

i still want one of the crystal ones though. that's just too much to spend right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

and sure, you could say "all american retail releases" similar to what most of us are doing with games... but even that becomes too much. cause by your rules (made available by a US retailer that's not an import store) all those crystal DS systems are needed for a complete collection since they're carred by the nintendo world store.

i'm not trying to turn you away from it. if anything, seeing how massive of an undertaking it is will make it all the more impressive when you finish. i'm just explaining where i'm at with console colors. i learned early that it was going to be impossible to accomplish, whereas games are more readily available by nature. i'm hoping you understand that.

i still want one of the crystal ones though. that's just too much to spend right now.
    Well there does have to be some extra boundries set in place for it to work

I look at those crystal DS systems as more of an after market mod then a real release. Since they aren't manufactured that way, they don't really count IMO. To me, it would be the same as if I spray painted one of the my DS's green and sold it on ebay as a one of a kind version. It doesn't even have any special packaging...I believe they kept the original boxes (with the original colors plain to see). Now, of course that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to have one...but at the price they sell for I just can't justify it.

The second boundry I put into place was that I would try and get only one of each color (with the intent to try and get ones with pack-ins). This stopped me from having to buy 2 Electric Blue systems...one plain by itself and one with the Mario 64 pack in. Now, in the future I may end up buying colors over...say if they released a game packed in with a plain silver DS, but we'll cross that bridge when I get there

So just to clarify the situation...I am crazy, but I'm not that crazy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

fair enough... i can understand that point of view...

i love to hear how people justify the boundaries on their collections... makes me feel better about my own boundaries, and gives me ideas for the future!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i love to hear how people justify the boundaries on their collections... makes me feel better about my own boundaries, and gives me ideas for the future!
    While I'm not going for a complete DS collection yet -- although it seems I'm well on my way from getting good deals and picking up what I really am interested in -- a boundary that I am setting for myself is only to collect games released to the market. So, while I really want to get a copy of Metroid Prime Demo, I never will feel the need to get the Zelda demo. And one copy is probably enough, as the Wal-Mart version of Super Mario Brothers and the four versions of Nintendogs will probably be four games (I have the Best Friends Nintendogs, that's enough for now) I get.

That's just me. I'm pretty much never a hardware guy -- I just go after games like crazy!
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got my Pokepark system today in the mail. The system is definitely the Japanese version...the code on the box ends in JPN and it has Japanese writing on the bottom of the box. But there are some small changes. They put a new (sticker) barcode over the existing one. Also, inside they include all the paperwork for an American system (all with codes that end with USA).

So at least its not exactly the same

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Drexel923
    Got my Pokepark system today in the mail. The system is definitely the Japanese version...the code on the box ends in JPN and it has Japanese writing on the bottom of the box. But there are some small changes. They put a new (sticker) barcode over the existing one. Also, inside they include all the paperwork for an American system (all with codes that end with USA).

So at least its not exactly the same
    Sounds a lot like the US Sonic for Sega Master System. It's an official U.S. release people! Make note of that in the rarity guide "Digital Press Super Future Edition"
    #vbender

Insert Coin (Level 0) Capybara554321's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

just to let everyone know i was in the the nintendo wourld store and i noticed they had some black ds's they are behind the ds games by all the ds systems. ill try to take a pic and post it when i get back. oh electroplankton is pretty good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

Does anyone here know when the MP3 attachment to the DS will come out?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What about Big Mutha Truckers? Did this just come out?

EDIT: looks like the release date slipped, but some sellers list it as available or backordered anyway...
    Russ Perry Jr, 2175 S Tonne Dr #114, Arlington Hts IL 60005
    Got any obscure game stuff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lots to respond to today...

my boundary is only getting games released to the market as well... i just picked up the zelda trailer cause it's cool. but i don't feel the need to find kiosk demos or anything like that. although, if someone happened to offer one to me for the right price i wouldn't turn it down. those are just little extras for me... not essential. same with the systems. whatever i can get is great, but i'm not going to lose sleep over missing out on them.

mario 64 or mario kart in a paper sleeve... those are just packaging variants. don't care about that. the 4 versions of nintendogs actually have (slightly) different content on the card, so i got'em all.

Drexel... that's pretty much what i was assuming the pokepark DS would be... japanese unit with american paperwork. makes me feel good that i'm not missing out on something too important. is it the exact same color as the electric blue?

capybara... yeah, i knew about the graphite DS at the nintendo world store. it's just the japanese units being sold at a higher price than the american ones. they've been selling these since about september-ish. back then they had gotten the pure white one too, but it hasn't been there for months now. for some reason they continue to get graphites though, and apparently they sell decently. still, pictures would be nice. can't ever get enough of the nintendo world store pics!

MP3 attachment (assuming you mean play-yan?) probably isn't coming out over here... but i said that about a lot of things... electroplankton... pokepark ds... and i'm always proven wrong. still, i wouldn't hold your breath.

big mutha truckers isn't out. some retailers DO list it as being available, but they tend to be shady places that list a lot of dates incorrectly, don't specialize in games, and most likely don't know what they're talking about. the game was pushed back several times, and eventually pushed back indefinitely. some places are even calling it canceled. hard to really tell what's going on with it... but it's not out for DS yet... at least not in the US. europe might have it.