Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: 2 Cube Q's

  1. #1
    ServBot (Level 11) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Deadford, OR
    Posts
    3,832
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    42
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

    Default 2 Cube Q's

    gamecube of course....

    first Q...will Need for Speed most wanted run better (w/o slow downs or less) than the PS2 version?

    seccond Q...getting a new tv soon and i am gonna want to use composite but my game cube doesent have the digital port...any way toget component out of it?

  2. #2
    Kirby (Level 13) Leo_A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,878
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    All Game Cube's can output composite video out of the box, and the reviews I've read have stated the GC version is superior to the PS2 version graphically.

  3. #3
    Pac-Man (Level 10) Nez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Glendale, Az
    Posts
    2,699
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    If you want composite your in luck all cubes are composite compatable. Lucky day!
    (Oo (xxx) oO) (Oo (xxx) oO)
    .o xxxxxxxx o . o xxxxxxxx o

  4. #4
    ServBot (Level 11) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Deadford, OR
    Posts
    3,832
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    42
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

    Default

    then whats with this?

    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sys...ponent_faq.jsp

    my gamecube doesent have a digital out on it and i cant afford to buy another at the moment (i want a tv more my tv is about as old as my NES although its still a nice tv) and i dont want to trade them if thats what they do because i have a limited edition cube....not the lame o "limited" platnum cube i got the pokemon (yea yea i know) cube and theyre pretty much all gone.

  5. #5
    Kirby (Level 13) Leo_A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,878
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    That's about component video cables.

    You asked about composite video, which all Game Cube's can output out of the box (Even includes the necessary cable).

  6. #6
    ServBot (Level 11) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Deadford, OR
    Posts
    3,832
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    42
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

    Default

    woops thats what i meant....sorry late nite posting isnt good

  7. #7
    ServBot (Level 11) hydr0x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,663
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default Re: 2 Cube Q's

    Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama
    gamecube of course....

    first Q...will Need for Speed most wanted run better (w/o slow downs or less) than the PS2 version?
    slightly, but it plays like total crap on any current gen system, xbox 360 is better but still bad and PC is usable while still not perfect. what can you expect, it's Need for Speed, since NfS3 no version has been running smoothly on any system
    -Jan

  8. #8
    Kirby (Level 13) ubersaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    5,471
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama
    then whats with this?

    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sys...ponent_faq.jsp

    my gamecube doesent have a digital out on it and i cant afford to buy another at the moment (i want a tv more my tv is about as old as my NES although its still a nice tv) and i dont want to trade them if thats what they do because i have a limited edition cube....not the lame o "limited" platnum cube i got the pokemon (yea yea i know) cube and theyre pretty much all gone.
    Then the best you can output is S-video, I'm afraid.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

  9. #9
    Chaos Knight
    Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    8,916
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

    Default

    You'll need to find yourself an older Cube as Nintendo removed the port to save costs (as according to their research only about 2% of users were actually using the digital port).

  10. #10
    Pac-Man (Level 10) Nez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Glendale, Az
    Posts
    2,699
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Used cubes go for what $75. Plus the digital cord is $30 so your going to spend about $100 for this upgrade. :/
    (Oo (xxx) oO) (Oo (xxx) oO)
    .o xxxxxxxx o . o xxxxxxxx o

  11. #11
    Banned
    mills's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,510
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I just got a gamecube and the only video/audio output there is is the multi-out that works with SNES and N64. There is no composite out on my unit.

  12. #12
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Crack house behind IHOP
    Posts
    34
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Who else thought this was gonna be about the Panasonic Q?

  13. #13
    Strawberry (Level 2)
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    469
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Me.

  14. #14
    Strawberry (Level 2)
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    467
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I have a launch gamecube, i was wondering is mine worth more because it has the Digital AV Out or it doesn't really matter?, is this something that may climb in value/demand in years to come?

  15. #15
    drowning in medals Ed Oscuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    16,550
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mgriff
    I have a launch gamecube, i was wondering is mine worth more because it has the Digital AV Out or it doesn't really matter?, is this something that may climb in value/demand in years to come?
    I think the no-Digital AV Out Cubes are gonna end up being rarer.

  16. #16
    Pac-Man (Level 10) Nez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Glendale, Az
    Posts
    2,699
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    Quote Originally Posted by mgriff
    I have a launch gamecube, i was wondering is mine worth more because it has the Digital AV Out or it doesn't really matter?, is this something that may climb in value/demand in years to come?
    I think the no-Digital AV Out Cubes are gonna end up being rarer.
    Like an R1 VS an R2 the new versions been out for what 2 years? I'm shure by the end they'll be about = interms of number produced.

    I don't think it will be a big diff in price, the digital cables however.
    (Oo (xxx) oO) (Oo (xxx) oO)
    .o xxxxxxxx o . o xxxxxxxx o

  17. #17
    ServBot (Level 11) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Deadford, OR
    Posts
    3,832
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    42
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid13
    Who else thought this was gonna be about the Panasonic Q?
    i'll ask that question when i buy one.

    so no mods or any thing then yet?

  18. #18
    ServBot (Level 11) hydr0x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,663
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid13
    Who else thought this was gonna be about the Panasonic Q?
    here, here!
    -Jan

  19. #19
    Flawless Rawkality Flack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    14,271
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nez
    Used cubes go for what $75. Plus the digital cord is $30 so your going to spend about $100 for this upgrade. :/
    Not around here. Every pawn shop in town has them with all cables and a controller for $65 and several of them are selling them for $55.

  20. #20
    drowning in medals Ed Oscuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    16,550
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nez
    I don't think it will be a big diff in price, the digital cables however.
    Oh, no, I would hope nobody buys the no-digital Cubes for more...didn't realize it's been two years since they removed the Digital port, though.

Similar Threads

  1. how i got my cube
    By hbkprm in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 01-14-2021, 12:51 AM
  2. fs/ft video cube atari game and a few cube games
    By Daft Punk in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-06-2005, 06:49 AM
  3. Cube
    By rscaramelo in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-17-2004, 07:56 AM
  4. CUBE (gcn) Help...
    By klimatron8 in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-27-2003, 11:50 AM
  5. Top Gun for PS2 and cube
    By mauigamer in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-02-2003, 05:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •