Well, the stuff I am selling now is basically the last of my gaming stuff. There's maybe one more lot of things to sell, about 10 or 20 items, which will be up in the New Year but then that's it. I will finally have cleared everything out, I won't be getting any more ...

I've hung on to a Saturn with Death Tank Zwei and Bomberman, and a Samba De Amigo set. Might get a second pair of maracas. That will be the sum total of my gaming goods.

I know it's been quite a while since I announced I was selling everything up, but it finally feels like I am almost there. Been slightly extended due to the fact that my job has gone down the tubes a bit, and I've taken a few opportunities to pick up some stuff to sell on to pay bills and tide myself over for Christmas. But that is now going to stop too.

I probably will be posting here a lot less from then on, and will be concentrating on getting a new job and working on some of the writing contracts that I have been getting - would be a dream of mine to live from writing, so I want to put everything I can into that now that the ball is rolling a little.

Been great to know you all ... esp. the other Sega aficionados - anagrama and hydr0x, that's you

Not to say there's too many other great people to mention, but you two are the main men! Should still catch up for a pint in Newcastle some day, when I finally have enough money again to get back up there more than twice a year ..

It's an odd feeling ... since buying my first, new Megadrive all those years ago, then buying a second hand one in that first university working holiday, to while away the evenings whilst slaving in some mangy warehouse to try to scrape myself off the bottom of the student overdraft ... building up a big collection. And now, down to practically nothing.

There's a bit more space in the lounge now, it has to be said. I don't especially see myself restarting the hobby - in fact, if anything I can see myself even letting go of those last few items I've kept hold of. But who knows - never say never I guess.

Not really sure if I'll end up drifting off from here, or hanging around. So I guess this is a kind of pre-emptive 'goodbye' just in case.

Think I'm gonna miss this place more than the actual games

Anyway .. all the best to everyone!

Vroomfunkel