Thread: Halo 2 9.99 at Blockbuster

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Halo 2 9.99 at Blockbuster

Just a heads up, looks like the ol' store decided to get rid of some of the back clog of Halo2. I don't know if it's all Blockbusters or just mine but it seems like too good a deal to pass up.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hope one of my Blockbuster's have it, cause I would love to play it on my 360 in 720p and widescreen. $9.99 is a decent price.

Only thing is that I heard that the Xbox Live part of Halo 2 sucks for some reason when played on the 360. That's kinda unfortunate. Still, I want to check it out in the 720p widescreen mode.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    Only thing is that I heard that the Xbox Live part of Halo 2 sucks for some reason when played on the 360. That's kinda unfortunate. Still, I want to check it out in the 720p widescreen mode.
    I've had some weirdness playing Halo on Live with my 360. Nothing major, but its kinda glitchy now and then. People would appear in front of me, then suddenly walk through walls and stuff. Not modders--just random stuff I couldn't attribute to lag. Also, I swear to god, sometimes the warthog and tanks look somewhat "squished" from front to back. Perhaps I can fix that by playing with resolutions on my screen, I'm not sure. But it only happens occasionally, so I don't think that's the problem.

The only other stuff I've experienced are due to the controller format being different... like wanting to switch from a grendade to a sticky during a gunbattle, only to push the talk button instead, and then bounce a regular grenade off of the enemy's noggin, and die from the resulting explosion.

The game runs smoother though when there's alot of people in a game. I think the extra processing power may help.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do any of you all with the 360 have a loading screen show up when the disc is first started being read.... in a A % format...?

sometimes mine will run this, twice even...

as to glitches online, i have seen no issues... Call of Duty 2 however is weird online..... had a lot of glitches yesterday...

HAlo one looked great on th e360, and i JUST hooked it up to a 32" LCD and whn my Ill Youngest gets off of the powerpuff girls tape via SVHS she's watching i will try to run H2 and Hone on it...

CoD2 looked AWESOME!

single player of that game is amazing... never had a console game AI throw a grenade BACk at me before...freakin Cool!

Thanks for the heads up on the H2 games at BB... have 4 copies already for my infamous LANs...

HAPPY CHRISTMAS to ALL!
    GRAB that rarity away from the LOSER in front of you at that garage sale... they do not DESERVE it

Life is short... Take what you can...

"mine mine mine"...D. Duck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    I hope one of my Blockbuster's have it, cause I would love to play it on my 360 in 720p and widescreen. $9.99 is a decent price.

I had some weirdness as well, though since the most recent compataiblty patch its been 99 percent ok. I've had really strange lag issues on backwash, not connectivity lag, like the system it self is lagging and everything drops to like 2 FPS. Other then that I've started to use the 360 for most of my H2 playing.

Rjohnson, I get that loading screen everytime that I play so I don't think anything of it.

9.99 for this title is a great price if people have still not picked it up.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the heads-up, GetImOliver. I picked one up today on my way to a Christmas dinner invitation. Greatly appreciated.

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Yeah, I've still got 46 copies of this brand new at my store for $10. Come buy this crap.

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hezeuschrist
    Yeah, I've still got 46 copies of this brand new at my store for $10. Come buy this crap.
    \

10 bucks... nice deal.... great find,
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yes, but are they the "limited" edition11!!OMGR4REWTF version?1

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!