Thread: Namco Museum 50th GBA - false advertising?

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Namco Museum 50th GBA - false advertising?

Namco Museum's 50th Anniversary for GBA

14 games?

Or 5 games?

I only see 5 games- but Amazon insists there are 14. Are the other games hidden somewhere? If only 5 games I feel royally ripped off! And will trade this for the older Namco Museum.

(•¿•) - "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
    Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use." - Emily Post ----- Component Video looks just as good as RGB, is a heck of a lot easier to set up, and also a lot cheaper!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The GBA one is only five (Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Dig Dug & Bosconian). The PS2/XBox/GCN versions had 14 (Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Galaxian, Dig Dug, Pole Position, Pole Position II, Rolling Thunder, Rally X, Bosconian, Dragon Spirit, Sky Kid, Xevious & Mappy)

-Mike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Bloodreign75

Actually the big brother consoles has 16 official games, Galaga 88 and PacMania has to be unlocked by achieving high scores in Pac Man, Ms. Pac Man, and Galaga.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can Namco get with the F-ing program and release some *new* classics? I'm probably a decent Pac-Man fan, but even I'm getting sick of this.

Baraduke? Jr. Pac? Gee Bee? Buller? Buller? Buller?
    Can I get an Amen from the choir?
    Lick me! LICK ME!!

One of the hopeless idiots that runs SC3; (Southern California Classic Collectors):
    www.sc3videogames.com

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sanriostar
    Can Namco get with the F-ing program and release some *new* classics? Baraduke? Jr. Pac? Gee Bee? Buller? Buller? Buller? Can I get an Amen from the choir?
    Amen! Or- how about giving 100 games instead of 15? Most of these games are only 32 kilobytes - a DVD holds 4.7 million kilobytes - room enough for 100,000 games. Why only give 15 ??????

And why only 5 for GBA? The carts have room to hold all 15- same as the consoles.

"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use." - Emily Post ----- Component Video looks just as good as RGB, is a heck of a lot easier to set up, and also a lot cheaper!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Quote Originally Posted by kevin_psx
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanriostar
    Can Namco get with the F-ing program and release some *new* classics? Baraduke? Jr. Pac? Gee Bee? Buller? Buller? Buller? Can I get an Amen from the choir?
    Amen! Or- how about giving 100 games instead of 15? Most of these games are only 32 kilobytes - a DVD holds 4.7 million kilobytes - room enough for 100,000 games. Why only give 15 ??????

And why only 5 for GBA? The carts have room to hold all 15- same as the consoles.
    As long as Namco's 14-game compilations continue to sell in large numbers, why would they release a 100-game one?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

^ Sad but true. But now Capcom and Taito have humiliated Namco's continuously rehashed, small offerings.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Okay but why do the GBA carts only have 5? They could have fit all 15 in there. Inexcusable.

And sent an email to amazon.com - "Reason Why you are Returning?" "Because you false advertised! Amazon.com says I get 14 games but the game only has 5. Not hippy."

Amazon is sending me another game. At no charge. Doesn't quite fix the problem but I'll take it.

Part of the #vbender crew Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Abstract Zero
    PSN
    Ze_roV
    Steam
    abstractzero

Quote Originally Posted by kevin_psx
    The worst part is that Ms. Pac-Man and Dig Dug were already released on the last Namco Museum for the GBA, and Pac-Man Collection has the original Pac-Man (as well as much more). Both carts are likely available at clearance prices if you look for them... so you get a grand total of TWO new games, Galaga and Bosconian. Whoop-te-do, thanks Namco. The least they could have done is ported the games that weren't already available, like Rally-X.

--Zero

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ze_ro
    The worst part is that Ms. Pac-Man and Dig Dug were already released on the last Namco Museum for the GBA, and Pac-Man Collection has the original Pac-Man (as well as much more). Both carts are likely available at clearance prices if you look for them... so you get a grand total of TWO new games, Galaga and Bosconian. Whoop-te-do, thanks Namco. The least they could have done is ported the games that weren't already available, like Rally-X.

--Zero
    THe first GBA Namco Museum had Galaga, so all they really did was remove Galaxian and Pole Position and add Pac Man from PMC and Bosconian. Unless you REALLY need Bosconian, the original Namco Museum and PMC carts are $15 retail and on sale for $10 frequently.

-Mike

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well - got 2 carts for $20 - $10 each - and I'm happy.

Still don't understand why amazon is shipping me a game for Free. That's foolish & easy way to scam amazon.