Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If there was a new Mortal Kombat Mythologies game...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default If there was a new Mortal Kombat Mythologies game...

If there was a new Mortal Kombat Mythologies game, which MK character would you rather have it feature?

So far, there have been 2 official MK Mythology games: One starring Sub-Zero, the other one starring Jax and Sonya.

Everyone seems to agree that the Jax & Sonya adventure is terrible, but I've read very mixed reviews re: the Sub-Zero adventure. (What do you think? Is the Subby one worth trying?)

Although it was not classified as an MK "Mythologies" adventure, I read about a new game along those lines for the Xbox / PS2 which stars Liu Kang and Kung Lao, and supposedly features MK2-style gameplay.

So, if you combine Shaolan Monks with the two official Mythology games, so far we've had mythology-type games featuring:

Sub-Zero
    Sonya
    Jax
    Liu Kang
    Kung Lao

With those characters out of the way, which cast of the MK series should be treated to his / her / it's own game?

Scorpion is the first name that comes to mind, even if only for his history with Sub-Zero.

An adventure featuring Kano would also be neat, and could also feature fellow Black Dragon members such as Kabal and Movado, not to mention challenges from Sonya & Jax.

Since Kano is a criminal and Midway has taken shortcuts on some of the latter MK titles (not counting Deception and Deadly Alliance), perhaps a Grand Theft Kano might be feasible?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd have to go with Scorpion. Based purely on the 'cool' factor that he has.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Scorpion if you already counted Shaolan Monks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What about Johnny Cage?

Wouldn't it be neat to control Cage through a bunch of Indiana Jones-style sequences, only to find out that you were actually acting out scenes from a movie (ala Splatterhouse WG for the Famicom)?

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

MK Mythologies: Sub-Zero is definitely worth trying out, and I'd have to pic Quan Chi for the next character.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I want a game where you play as Reptile and walk around the spike pit yelling "YOU WILL NEVER FIND ME"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I thought MK Mythologies Sub Zero was a flaming piece of shit...

..HOWEVER...

the playstation version is worth getting for the fmv cutscenes alone. I guess if you're interested in the "Storyline", then it's good for that, but the cutscenes are filled with:

- Shitty acting
    - Bad costumes
    - Bad special effects
    - Extremely hot, well endowed chicks

When those elements get mixed together, the end result is a piece of sheer hilarity that no one should miss.

Actually, you could just save yourself the trouble of playing the game and use PSXMC to rip all of the videos and watch them at your leisure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roushimsx
    if you're interested in the "Storyline", then it's good for that, but the cutscenes are filled with:

- Shitty acting
    - Bad costumes
    - Bad special effects
    Sounds like a fun time to be had (Hey, I've played several of the Digital Pictures games that appeared on Sega CD!).

What platforms is the game on, besides PS1 and N64? Was there a PC port?

Is the N64 port missing the videos that are intact in the PS1 version?

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ooooo this is a topic for me!

I think Scorpion would be great to see played thru. It would be great to get the full story on him from befire his family and clan where killed and then he died and went on fighting for revenge.

Also a Kano/Movado/Kabal/other Black and Red Dragon and Special Forces member game would be cool. Then they could develop the story line on why Kabal tried leaving the Black Dragon, why there was such a rift between the 2 Dragon groups etc.

Johnny Cage would be a little tougher to work a game out of i think. But you could go into his movie career and play thru/create scenes in the movie in a Stuntman/Kung Fu Chaos mix where you are told what to do sometimes but also could have the free reign to accomplish it in various ways. Something like that...
    I think doing it for any of the characters could turn out really good.

The one i would be willing to shell out massive cash for would be if they made a multidisc game where you could chose your character and play thru his story mode and then you would get to see it from that characters perspective and it would allow for the story to be more fully developed.
    Because many of the Mortal Kombat characters have interacted with one another and sometimes it has profound consiquences like new alliances, a huge turn around in plot, reestablishing an old position of power, etc

It would be amazing to choose say Smoke and get to see his past as a member of Sub-Zeros clan, him getting turned into a Cyborg, then him tracking down his old friend and defector from the cyborg experiments(Sub-Zero) with Cyrax and Sektor the other first run cyborgs, then see how Sub Zero defeated him and reprogrammed him...(fast foreward)... and then how he got disabled/damaged and Noob Saibot fixed him up and they became allies.

But i digress, a massive game where you can pick any character and play a GOOD story mode for them. For that i would be willing to shell out 100+$ easy
    R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

http://www.rfgeneration.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by izret101
    a Kano/Movado/Kabal/other Black and Red Dragon and Special Forces member game would be cool. Then they could develop the story line on why Kabal tried leaving the Black Dragon, why there was such a rift between the 2 Dragon groups etc.
    I'm glad that you're interested in this topic, not to mention my idea about a game featuring Kano and the rest of The Black Dragon organization.

What is the Red Dragon organization about, and who is part of it? The title "Red Dragon" doesn't draw any memories on my part.

Unlike Mortal Kombat, the Street Fighter series features much deeper gameplay and consistently solid quality. However, you have to give the MK series credit for actually incorporating stories into its latter installments; a decenet sense of plot and character depth has been virtually absent from the Street Fighter series since Street Fighter II was rehashed like crazy in the mid-1990s.

Banana (Level 7) pragmatic insanester's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i still need to buy the jax and sonya game, for beat 'em up purposes.

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evildead2099
    What about Johnny Cage?

Wouldn't it be neat to control Cage through a bunch of Indiana Jones-style sequences, only to find out that you were actually acting out scenes from a movie (ala Splatterhouse WG for the Famicom)?

not a bad idea, that would make for a fun game, plus, cage was always good for comic relief as well...
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic insanester

crap, I totally forgot about the sonya game, I have the jax and sub-zero, but I forgot I need to get the sonya one, damn... thanks for reminding me.
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic insanester
    Actually, since I haven't played either MK Mythology game (nor MK: Shaolan Monks, for that matter) I looked the game up on the web and learned that although the game was SUPPOSED to be based on the adventures of Jax and Sonya, the developers decided to make Jax the focus of the game. Sonya was kidnapped, and is thus not a major character :/

I am disappointed to say the least. Even if the game plays poorly, at least having Sonya (Kerri Hoskins) on hand as a playable character for the majority of the game would be of redeeming value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What platforms is the game on, besides PS1 and N64? Was there a PC port?

Is the N64 port missing the videos that are intact in the PS1 version?
    Only Playstation and N64, and yes, the N64 version is missing all of the ultra awesome bad cinemas that make the game worth owning in the first place.

Here's some awesome sample action:

Video 1 - Lia Montelongo, Kerri Hoskins, and Erica Grace? Yes, please.
    Video 2 - A little goodness mixed with some special effects and acting that belong in a Sci Fi Channel original movie.
    Video 3 - There are no words in the english language that can do justice to this video. You just have to see it.

edit - I just ripped these right off of the Playstation disc and left them in their native resolution. I hope that one day this game is rereleased on a DVD or something with higher quality videos, much like other games of similar quality, like Space Pirates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I thought MK Mythologies Sub Zero was a flaming piece of shit...

..HOWEVER...

the playstation version is worth getting for the fmv cutscenes alone. I guess if you're interested in the "Storyline", then it's good for that, but the cutscenes are filled with:

- Shitty acting
    - Bad costumes
    - Bad special effects

When those elements get mixed together, the end result is a piece of sheer hilarity that no one should miss.
    Wow... You certainly weren't kidding with respect to the quality of the game's costumes, acting, and special effects!

Although the game does feature a very sexy actress (Kerri Hoskins, who played Sonia throughout MK 1 - 4), her physical charm is drowned out by the repulsive costume she's wearing - she's representing some sort of outworld being, I take it. I wish she'd lose that costume for the hot green spandex that I've come to associate with her.

On a positive note, the game's backgrounds do look fairly impressive.

... I'm not sure I'd want to invest money in MK Mythologies: Sub-Zero if those videos were the best thing that I could look forward to. .... I can be assured that the actual game play is no better than the videos I got to preview?

Thanks for the preview, in any case!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Although the game does feature a very sexy actress (Kerri Hoskins, who played Sonia throughout MK 1 - 4), her physical charm is drowned out by the repulsive costume she's wearing - she's representing some sort of outworld being, I take it. I wish she'd lose that costume for the hot green spandex that I've come to associate with her.
    I always thought that Kerri was in the first four, but a while back someone corrected me and pointed out that it was actually Elizabeth Malecki who played Sonya in the first two Mortal Kombat games. I think the reason why she wasn't in the third was because she was involved in a lawsuit along with two of the other actors, demanding more money and more recgonition or some such.

Kerri WAS in Revolution X as Headmistress Helga and was a reference for Vallah in War Gods, though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

i think if a Johhny Cage game is considered then one move that i've been dying to see for years should be put in.......the nut rip fatality, basically a ball breaker mixed with kano's heart rip where he shows the guy his nuts.

but yeah a like 4 disc set for a MK backstory game would kick ass

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I always thought that Kerri was in the first four, but a while back someone corrected me and pointed out that it was actually Elizabeth Malecki who played Sonya in the first two Mortal Kombat games.
    Hmm... Well, that's news to me! Nevertheless, I stand by my opinion that I think Kerri was hot in MK3 & MK4 (not to mention UMK3 and MK Trilogy).

i think if a Johhny Cage game is considered then one move that i've been dying to see for years should be put in.......the nut rip fatality, basically a ball breaker mixed with kano's heart rip where he shows the guy his nuts.
    Yeah, but what would happen if you were facing a female opponent and you tried to "FINISH HER" using that fatality?!?

... Or a robot like Cyrax, for that matter? Do robots have genitals?

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by izret101
    a Kano/Movado/Kabal/other Black and Red Dragon and Special Forces member game would be cool. Then they could develop the story line on why Kabal tried leaving the Black Dragon, why there was such a rift between the 2 Dragon groups etc.
    I'm glad that you're interested in this topic, not to mention my idea about a game featuring Kano and the rest of The Black Dragon organization.

What is the Red Dragon organization about, and who is part of it? The title "Red Dragon" doesn't draw any memories on my part.

Unlike Mortal Kombat, the Street Fighter series features much deeper gameplay and consistently solid quality. However, you have to give the MK series credit for actually incorporating stories into its latter installments; a decenet sense of plot and character depth has been virtually absent from the Street Fighter series since Street Fighter II was rehashed like crazy in the mid-1990s.
    I started typing a response to this and got sidetracked.

The Black Dragon splintered off of the Red Dragon group centuries ago according to MK Canon.
    2 red dragon members i remember off the top of my head are Hsu Hso and Mavado.

I am pretty sure that the existance of the organization wasn't really introduced until those 2 characters where.
    Maybe they where ultra secretive unlike the Black Dragon?
    I dunno...

In anycase MK does have the deepest story line of any fighter IMO.
    Boon, Tobais(not in a long time though) Vogal and their henchmen have done a good job keeping the story from being garbage.
    R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

http://www.rfgeneration.com