Thread: Item I won not the same as the one I wanted (updated)

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Default Item I won not the same as the one I wanted (updated)

The item in question (Batman Begins Deluxe Edition)

I bought this item a few days ago, and it arrived today. But instead of getting the item, I got a notice from the USPS which said:

Sorry we missed you! We (re)deliver for you.
    Item: Parcel
    Article requiring payment: Postage due $2.43

So I'm guessing the guy sent the item but ... did he send it without applying proper postage?

I'm thinking of demanding my shipping costs back - all $5.99 of them. I'm being charged half that anyways, but the last thing I need right now is to have yet another negative that came from not being able to communicate with an ebayer. Or worse, a seller with a grudge.

Any thoughts?

Edit:
    I have another problem. I'll add a reply and explain in a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DrWily008
    PSN
    DrWily008

My question is: Where did the item ship from?

That shipping seems high in the first place but even worse that he didn't pay for it in full.

Seems like he overcharged then kept some (possibly mailed it from work or put a bunch of stamps on it).

I'd say go pick it up or they will send it back to him, then if you are in the middle of a battle over shipping he probably would not send it back.

GOOD LUCK

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did he send it media mail? It's possible the post office disagrees.
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How does a seller get the post office to accept the item in the first place if postage wasn't paid for?

The only thing I can think is that like someone already said, he shipped it media mail and for whatever reason, the post office didn't think it qualified.

I'd demand a refund for whatever you have to pay to get it. Either that or refuse it and file a chargeback with PayPal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

This is a classic "Seller overcharges postage" situation. He said that he'd send it media mail - he charges $8 for Priority! I asked him if he'd ship it in an envelope or anything else, and he replied (in caps) that he'd send it in a box if I requested it.

The item was allegedly shipped from New York. And since it's a movie, I'm not certain of -why- they deemed it necessary to check my parcel. Argh.

So what do I do? Ask for a refund? And what do you mean by "chargeback"? (Yes, I'm clueless, I've never had problems like these as a buyer).
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XianXi

I would contact the seller and ask why there is some sort of COD on the package when you paid in full, unless the seller shipped it priority without telling you.

A seller can ship an item and place a COD on the item but o do this they have to front the amount they want collected then after it is collected they can go to USPS and get their money back.

If the postage is not sufficient it is supposed to be returned to the sender unless for some strange reason he put the addressee as both sender and addressee.

Weird. Ask the post office whats going on with it.
    http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/
    Pandora/Blue Elf Adapters, Kick Harness Adapters, Custom CMVS Units, Neo Geo DIY Guides, Arcade PCBs, Neo Geo mods and more!!
    Jamma Nation X Videos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I asked him for a refund. This is what I wrote:

Hi. This may sound weird to you, but I'm respectfully requesting a partial shipping refund. The item arrived at my hometown yesterday morning, but instead of the package I got a notice from the USPS which stated that additional postage for $2.43 was required; since you charged me $5.99, and USPS did not agree with you that the item had sufficient postage to begin with, I'd like a refund of $2.43 to pay for this additional cost. I hope you understand - I am only requesting this partial refund to cover these extra costs. Nothing more. I hope you understand. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!
    Well, here's hoping I don't have to go through Paypal to get my cash back.

Edit:
    I got three replies.

Reply one (12:53 PM):
    I'LL BE MORE THAN GLAD TO GIVE YOU A REFUND BUT FIRST I WILL NEED TO SEE THE RECEIPT FROM THE USPS. BEING THAT THEY WEIGHED IT AT OUR LOCAL STORE AND IT WAS PAID THROUGH THERE, THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN NO PROBLEMS. SO IF YOU COULD SCAN THE RECEIPT IN FROM THE USPS THAT SHOULD BE SUFFICIENT FOR ME FOR THE PARTIAL REFUND YOU ARE REQUESTING. THANKS.
    Reply two (1:06 PM):
    I SENT YOU A REQUEST EARLIER FOR A RECEIPT. I HAVE A FUNERAL TO ATTEND AND DON'T WANT TO HAGGLE ABOUT THE RECEIPT SO, I WILL REFUND THE $2.43. SORRY FOR ANY INCONVIENCE THIS MAY HAVE CAUSED YOU.
    Reply three (1:10 PM):
    YOUR REFUND WAS SENT THROUGH PAYPAL WHERE YOUR ORIGINAL PAYMENT WAS ISSUED. $2.43. ALL TRANSACTIONS ARE NOW COMPLETE AND YOU HAVE BEEN REFUNDED.
    ...wtf. I got the refund so I'm happy, but the guy NEEDS to kill caps lock. :P I scanned in my USPS notice and sent it off so there's proof of the transaction. I'll leave feedback once I get the item on wednesday (since they're closed tomorrow, argh.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you still have the package I'd bring it with you the next time you visit the local post office to see if they can tell you why additional postage was required. I'm curious.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Item won, and arrived, but post office left me a note (h

EDIT- never mind
    Article requiring payment: Postage due $2.43
    Pay the $2.43 to get your game - it's not that much money.

Ask Seller for refund of $2.43 via paypal. If refused, file dispute with paypal "item not as described".

If you don't get the money back leave a Negative- "Seller charged $6 ship & sent COD-costing me another $3 in postage due!!!"

(•¿•) - "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
    Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use." - Emily Post ----- Component Video looks just as good as RGB, is a heck of a lot easier to set up, and also a lot cheaper!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

kevin_psx:

Did you read my post at all? The guy already refunded the $2.43. I can't get the item until wednesday, I'll see what's up then.

And most importantly, this had better be the version of the DVD with the comic book. Otherwise his ass is mine.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Item won, and arrived, but post office left me a note (h

Yes I did read your post.--- that's why the edit is there.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin_psx
    EDIT- never mind

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

So I got the item today. It turns out the guy put the DVD on a PRIORITY MAIL BOX and slapped an eBay shipping label on it. So of course, I got shafted with the extra postage. What a retard. Anyway, I got that cash back, so no fret.

But now I have a problem. If you visit the link on the first page, you'll visit the item in question's auction page. Look at the item info - I thought I was bidding on Batman Begins Deluxe Edition (the one with the comic); but it turns out it's the version without the comic (which for some goddamn reason HAS the same name). The item info (at a glance) lists the UPC code '012569732162' - searching for this on Amazon gives me the 2 Disc SE with the comic. But the one I got has 012569766778 as its UPC code, and well, it's got the same name and extras, but it doesn't have the comic. And I thought I was getting the comic.

... what can I do? I don't think the guy will give me a refund (just look at those posts, oy). I'm thinking of reselling it. I haven't opened it, nor do I plan to. If I can get some of the cash back, well, that's better for me. I'm not leaving feedback, though.

Thoughts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XianXi

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper
    So I got the item today. It turns out the guy put the DVD on a PRIORITY MAIL BOX and slapped an eBay shipping label on it. So of course, I got shafted with the extra postage. What a retard. Anyway, I got that cash back, so no fret.

But now I have a problem. If you visit the link on the first page, you'll visit the item in question's auction page. Look at the item info - I thought I was bidding on Batman Begins Deluxe Edition (the one with the comic); but it turns out it's the version without the comic (which for some goddamn reason HAS the same name). The item info (at a glance) lists the UPC code '012569732162' - searching for this on Amazon gives me the 2 Disc SE with the comic. But the one I got has 012569766778 as its UPC code, and well, it's got the same name and extras, but it doesn't have the comic. And I thought I was getting the comic.

... what can I do? I don't think the guy will give me a refund (just look at those posts, oy). I'm thinking of reselling it. I haven't opened it, nor do I plan to. If I can get some of the cash back, well, that's better for me. I'm not leaving feedback, though.

Thoughts?
    Just contact him dude.
    http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/
    Pandora/Blue Elf Adapters, Kick Harness Adapters, Custom CMVS Units, Neo Geo DIY Guides, Arcade PCBs, Neo Geo mods and more!!
    Jamma Nation X Videos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by XianXi
    Just contact him dude.
    I would, but if he replies LIKE THIS AND OMG HE MAKES MY HEAD HURT YOU KNOW IT DIDN'T HAVE THE COMIC YOU SUX0R I'll just give him a friggin negative.

When I bought the item, the page did not say it did not include the comic. That question on the page came after I bought the item, so...

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

heh Side note. I got this for Christmas, and I was wondering why I didn't get the comic! Thanks for clearing that up!

Still a great 2 - DVD set without the comic!
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAmChandler
    heh Side note. I got this for Christmas, and I was wondering why I didn't get the comic! Thanks for clearing that up!

Still a great 2 - DVD set without the comic!
    I'm a sucker for limited editions, so I NEED that comic.

Even if I've already got all of 'em scanned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Back at the auction listing there's question to the seller asking if the item came with a comic book or not. The seller's answer was that there is an interactive comic included on the DVD. It sounds to me like to made this clear up front.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    Back at the auction listing there's question to the seller asking if the item came with a comic book or not. The seller's answer was that there is an interactive comic included on the DVD. It sounds to me like to made this clear up front.
    The question was posted on December 28; I bought the item on December 26. I don't know if you can see that or not - you can see all the people that bought the item in the purchases link.

All two-disc versions of the movie include the interactive comic (which is, as far as I know, a complicated menu that hides easter eggs).