Thread: Saturn Bomberman is really the best

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Saturn Bomberman is really the best

Sorry to have made two topics concerning SB, but I felt this one is different enough and deserved its own marking.

OK, so one of my complaints about SB (despite me still rating it 10/10) is that I wished it had a STUPID amount of stages, instead of the paltry 8 we were given. How awesome would 20 stages be? I mean, we're missing the classic tunnel stage! etc.

Well, I just *FINALLY* enabled a code I knew about long ago. It's simply listed everywhere on the net as "CHANGE WEATHER."

WHOOP-PEE. It rains, it's dark, it's stormy... how useful could this code be?

IMAGINE MY SURPRISE when I set the soccer stage to nightfall, and then, expecting everything to be dark, I found the regular playing field...

BUT WITH A CONVEYOR BELT IN THE MIDDLE!!

it's been a long time since I got that excited over a code or in general discovering a new trick about an old dog!

So then I naturally tried the other 3 options:

-day
    -early morning
    -morning

Day the soccer stage was status quo.

Early morning the stage is given the bouncing platforms.

Morning the stage adds arrows.

HOLY CRAP.

I wondered if this was the same for all eight stages, so I tried them out.

THEY ARE DIFFERENT!

For example, on night CLASSIC PLAIN STAGE, instead of the conveyor belt the soccer stage got, every bomber has SUPER SUPER SPEED.

I had such a blast checking out the different features of each stage. My absolute favorite was the night JUNGLE TRAP where I discovered the classic tunnel stage!

Not quite, but damn close enough!

Leaves heavily block the playing field, and there are six "exit" points! (3 up top, 3 down bottom) that add as "Bubble Bobble"-esque gimmicks of going through the screen.

I am so excited to try out these stages with my buds the next time they come over. I have no idea why this cheat is known the web over as "Weather changes"... it should be renamed "STAGE CHANGES!"

I am sure some of you knew this already, but whenever there is talk about SB, this NEVER comes up... so I assume many, like me, just never bothered to try the code because hey "it changes the weather -- big deal."

Among others include:

-the classic conveyor belt of super bomberman on snes (different look and style from the night soccer stage one)

-teleporters

-On and off rain (when rain is on, all flames come out very very tiny)

etc.

Granted, a lot of the features are duplicated for each stage (i.e. arrows)... but still, there are 32 FRICKEN variations... it's sick. Maybe there aren't 32 total stages, but the overall count is much closer to 20 than 8!

Saturn Bomberman... you are definitely the king without a doubt.

(oh yes, the simple code. At the stage select screen, simply hold X+Y+Z until you hear a sound confirmation. Then press up or down to select time of day)

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yup, when I discovered it's extra "Day/Night" features in the Multiplayer mode. I thought it was just gonna show it in the dark. Yet Hudson took it to the next stage.

Literally like having brand new maps almost!

God bless that game, if I could only play it in 8 player mode one more time...(not since my birthday party of 1997....)
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds good! Saturn Bomberman is one of the two games that I have kept since selling up.

Can't wait to try this ... couldn't you have posted the cheat? I know you say it's all over the place, but since you are raving about it so much, it would have seemed sensible to actually mention how you could activate it.

Vroomfunkel
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Vroomfunkel
    Sounds good! Saturn Bomberman is one of the two games that I have kept since selling up.

Can't wait to try this ... couldn't you have posted the cheat? I know you say it's all over the place, but since you are raving about it so much, it would have seemed sensible to actually mention how you could activate it.

Vroomfunkel
    haha, look at the VERY end of my original message... it's posted. :P

X+Y+Z at the stage select screen, hold those 3, wait til you hear sound, then press up or down to change weather and map conditions. Best code ever...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'll be damned! Hudson really gave us the King-size treatment -- just found out the code works for the 10-player map as well! That is crazy -- my ONLY TWO complains about SB in the past were a. only 8 stages and b. only ONE 10-player map.

Well scratch that! There's 4 different 10 player maps, and a total of 36 variations!

Wide Screen "Field to Glory"
    -----

night = no blocks at all, everyone starts with 5 bombs with very long flame length, 4 exit points

early morning = 8 exit points, arrows

morning = no exit points, TWO conveyor belts (a large and small one inside the large one), and four teleporters

Good gawd SB is the best game ever.

I have lots of pix, but for now can only offer you these four...

it's all about Bonk, baby! Ninja House's new makeover -- that right next to Bonk is one of four teleporters, and down below is one of the exit points

back to using classic white Bomberman in 10 player stage makeover... EAT THAT BITCH!

Trap that foo! I get my revenge

Stupid ass CPU AI... didn't know how to use the exit point... if I were still alive I would lay a bomb and trap that ass....

I'll post the rest of the pictures in my "Obscure" thread when I get the chance to fix them up.