Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Genesis Blockbuster World Video Game Championships II *SOLD

Cherry (Level 1) The_4th_Survivor's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Genesis Blockbuster World Video Game Championships II *SOLD

Okay, I'm going to try and cut back on my 'classic' collection just a bit, so this is probably the first huge thing that I'm willing to sell here on DP.

Last December, I had my buddy list my auction for the Blockbuster Cart.

It never even broke the reserve price, so I'm just going to call it quits for an Ebay listing of this again and sell it to someone directly here. The strange part of the auction was that the seller of the previous Blockbuster World Genesis Cart in November was the high bidder for my auction. Hmmmm.....

My minimum asking price for this is definitely the $1350.00 mark, considering that there is a certain party who is interested in buying this piece for that price.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM. I'll respond as soon as I can.

EDIT:

I've just received an email from a private collector (who wishes to remain anonymous) that they have bought a copy of this cart from another private collector for $2500.00.

As it stands, I probably will not sell this cart for $1350.00 since it's now officially worth $2500.00, especially to the collector who paid that much for it.
    ©2008 Umbrella Corporation

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow! That game is worth that much?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah!! it is But i would only Spend that much and some for a NWC Cart for the nes..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bleetness
    It sure is. Especially to the party who is interested in buying it for $1350.00.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

items are only worth what people are whilling to pay. and having it on ebay not even break reserve proves that to most, it isnt.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The_4th_Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleetness
    It sure is. Especially to the party who is interested in buying it for $1350.00.
    So basically it would be worth me to play Judge Dread and NBA JAM TE for over $1300.00? Thank God I already have those games for like $5-$10 each back in the 90's.

Sorry I hate to come off as a troll. If that's blue book it's total rape.

Fortunately you didn't pay anything near that for it.

Goodluck. I think you can still make a profit on ebay but you gonna have to drop it down quite a bit more.
    VF & SF The Originals!

KOF & Tekken The Clones!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by attilathehun
    So basically it would be worth me to play Judge Dread and NBA JAM TE for over $1300.00? Thank God I already have those games for like $5-$10 each back in the 90's.
    Well, just like the Nintendo World Championships in 1990, which featured specially programmed and custom made cartridges, these versions of "Judge Dredd" & "NBA Jam T.E." are exclusive competition versions which are only found on this cartridge.

There are exclusive character, logo and item sprites that are present in this cartridge that were never present in the commercially released versions.

Sorry I hate to come off as a troll.
    Not to worry. You're not coming off as a 'troll', you're just voicing your opinion, which is fine. Agreeing to disagree is a beautiful thing, isn't it?

If that's blue book it's total rape.

There's no such thing as a 'blue book' price for this cartridge, because there are rumored to be only about 4 which are confirmed in existence/ciruculation. I have one, another DP forum user has another and I have no idea where the news about how the other two cartridges came about.

Even the Online Rarity Guide here at DP can be considered inaccurate, simply because these cartridges aren't traded/sold between collectors too often.

It's true that values are determined by the supply and demand of an item, as is the case with this cartridge.

This game cartridge would be for the hardcore, serious, completist, video game collector and not for casual gameplaying folks who don't collect games.

My question to you would be, "Would you consider the $1500-$2500 for an NWC cart to be 'total rape' as well?"

Fortunately you didn't pay anything near that for it.
    True. Then again, isn't there always a price paid for any item that is tangible? I'll just look on the bright side. I'm one of two people here on the DP forums which owns one of these, plus, my copy is complete, with the original tournament documents. The other DP forum user only has the cartridge.

Goodluck. I think you can still make a profit on ebay but you gonna have to drop it down quite a bit more.
    I've given up on Ebay in terms of listing this cartridge. They charge too much in fees, not to mention taking a percentage of the final bid price.

Unfortunately, the price stems back to the people's knowledge of and overall background of the said item. This cartridge is 10 times rarer than the NWC grey and gold carts, but nobody can seem to bring up any concrete information about the history of the Blockbuster World Video Game Championships in 1994 and 1995.

NWC carts - 125 (approx) in circulation.
    BBWVGCII carts - 2 in circulation and 2 unaccounted for(rumored)

That's a hell of a difference in terms of scarcity, wouldn't you agree?

As it stands, I would have to say that I know more about this cartridge than anyone else, considering that I had obtained this from a person who had worked at Blockbuster Video.

I try to share my information, but I'm constantly challenged by people who, for some reason, don't want to believe my knowledge on the background of this cartridge.

It's hard to teach people about something that they never knew existed, you know? lol

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah it's rape, but then again nothing wrong with making a buck.

I'm a hardcore gamer, but I don't have that kind of cash.

The cart is for a rich genny videogame collector. That's what you need but I never but one of those yet. Good luck in your endevors in finding one.
    VF & SF The Originals!

KOF & Tekken The Clones!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It is rarer, yes...but again, I have to bring up the point that the rarest items on the planet video game wise are prototypes....there can be 1 or 2 in existence of an unreleased, undumped game, and they would not be worth more than what you had been asking for the Blockbuster Cart. No one is denying the rarity, but you are preaching to the wrong choir here. There are VERY few people that care about Genesis to that extent, and even fewer who bid on the cart when you placed it on eBay at the time. I was the high bidder on your auction that was nowhere near the reserve.

Again, rarity is not always a factor, and is definitely not in this case. The NWC is vaunted. This is Nintendo's World Championship with 25,000+ attending in 30 cities.....and it's NINTENDO. It was a lifelike Wizard movie. There are MANY Nintendo fanatics, but again, very, very few willing to pay that kind of cash for an NWC.

At this point I would say you have less than 5 people willing to buy the Blockbuster Cart st this kind of money that have any interest in it in the first place.

I have told you on numerous occasions I am interested in the cart, but just not at the prices you were asking because they did not make sense at the time.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And as a late FYI, who the heck is challenging on you on your knowledge of the cart? No one is attacking you nor denying its rarity, but rarity is NOT the factor in determining price, plain and simple.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR
    The NWC is vaunted. This is Nintendo's World Championship with 25,000+ attending in 30 cities.....and it's NINTENDO. It was a lifelike Wizard movie. There are MANY Nintendo fanatics, but again, very, very few willing to pay that kind of cash for an NWC.
    Say what? I demand screenshots to backup such a bold claim!
    VF & SF The Originals!

KOF & Tekken The Clones!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The NWC is vaunted. This is Nintendo's World Championship with 25,000+ attending in 30 cities.....and it's NINTENDO. It was a lifelike Wizard movie. There are MANY Nintendo fanatics, but again, very, very few willing to pay that kind of cash for an NWC.
    Umm....screenshots of what?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Genesis just isent nearly as popular as the nintendo, therefor you wont have as many die hard fans, which means you will have less people willing to pay as much as a nintendo NWC cart, why does the nintendo sell for 50 bucks on ebay when you can find them at garage sales and everwhere while the master system which is much more rare go for only 20? supply and demand, i find that ebay is a good estimate of how much something is worth, i suggest you put it on ebay and have no reserve, then you will see how much it is really worth.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Balloon Fight
    of the life like wizard movie for nwc,
    VF & SF The Originals!

KOF & Tekken The Clones!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStraw
    Genesis just isent nearly as popular as the nintendo, therefor you wont have as many die hard fans, which means you will have less people willing to pay as much as a nintendo NWC cart, why does the nintendo sell for 50 bucks on ebay when you can find them at garage sales and everwhere while the master system which is much more rare go for only 20? supply and demand, i find that ebay is a good estimate of how much something is worth, i suggest you put it on ebay and have no reserve, then you will see how much it is really worth.
    Hell no dawg! Ebay fluctuates quite a bit. Some guy in 2002 could pick up a crappy vb for $5 and sell it on ebay for $300. A year or two later he might get $15-$20. The blue book rarity dont mean squat if nobody is interested in paying $300 for a hunk of junk they aint gonna buy it.

Ebay is kind of like a stock market. It's about a certain time and place and the type of buying and selling going on.
    VF & SF The Originals!

KOF & Tekken The Clones!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

Quote Originally Posted by Balloon Fight
    of the life like wizard movie for nwc,
    He means the actual event itself, Nintendo World Championships 1990, was like the event in The Wizard, with SMB3...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah it's rape, but then again nothing wrong with making a buck.

I'm a hardcore gamer, but I don't have that kind of cash.

The cart is for a rich genny videogame collector. That's what you need but I never but one of those yet. Good luck in your endevors in finding one.
    Well, as I've been saying for years: "Different strokes for different folks". :P

There are people out there that are searching for this, and if they only knew where to look....

Thanks for the well wishing. I have a feeling my stance just got a bit stronger. (read the next posts from me)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And as a late FYI, who the heck is challenging on you on your knowledge of the cart? No one is attacking you nor denying its rarity, but rarity is NOT the factor in determining price, plain and simple.
    Actually, it's been on other forums and in actual conversations where people like to challenge my knowledge.

Maybe a DP forum user here and there, but the majority of it is outside of Digital Press.

I just said that because I needed to get it off my chest, and yes, I feel better about saying it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStraw

I would try Ebay again, but the risks of letting this item go with a 'no reserve' is not appealing to me.

Ask yourself this:

"If you were in my position on this issue, would you list something this rare with no reserve? Taking a big risk in the process?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I just received an email from someone (who wishes to remain anonymous) that they have just purchased a Blockbuster World Video Game Championship II cart from a private collector for $2500.00.

The reason why they emailed me is because they're kind of regretting that they paid so much more for an incomplete copy of the BBWVGCII cart, whereas my complete copy is possibly going to be sold for a lot less.

I can say this now....

The Blockbuster World Video Game Championship II cartridge is now worth at least $2500.00, which is what this private collector paid for it from another collector.

I guess there ARE people out there who seem to think that the BBWVGCII cart is worth more than $1350.00.

So, as it stands, I suppose I'll have to wait and field more offers until I find one that I deem to be acceptable.