0 Posts

Default hmmm....

Any reviews for this yet?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I ordered one of these from Amazon last week. It's $199.99 with no shipping fees or tax, so I said what the heck. King Kong seals the deal for me, cause my two boys love to see that movie. Only thing that sucks about it, is the fact that it's likely going to make me want to upgrade my projector really bad. Currently I have an Infocus X1, which is actually a 4:3 480p projector. I watch High Def material in 16:9 on it all the time, and it actually looks really good on it, considering it has to downscale the High Def to 800 x 600. But with HD-DVD, I'm sure that it's going to be so damn tempting to have a true 720p DLP projector to watch these movies on it.

The truth is, with both Blu Ray and HD-DVD, if your screen size is less than 50 inches, you might not get that big of a boost from this. The screen for my projector is 113 inches, so the benefit would be absolutely astronomical, but again, I really need a true High Def projector to really get the WOW factor that I would want. Getting this add on is just going to force my hand to make a move. Luckily the Optoma HD70 is available at various places for $899.99 and that's a true 720p DLP projector. I just might have to bite the bullet on that.

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

I'm still on the fence. November 7th already has my dollars for:

FFV Advance
    FFV Advance Guide
    Gears of War
    Gears of War Guide
    Wireless network adapter for 360
    Guitar Hero 2
    Guitar Hero 2 Guide.

I might just pick it up and make it the most expensive video game purchase of my life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I kinda dislike getting a whole lot of cool stuf in one day personally because I just wanna try everything out.

So on the 7th Gears of War is my only purchase. The HD-DVD drive may get purchased pretty soon after though.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmm....

I am conveniently on vacation next week; with nothing to do it appears I am going to gain another ten pounds playing video games. I picked up a few this week, FFXII, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, FEAR (PC), Titan Quest (price dropped), Dungeon Siege (PSP), and Never Winter Nights is on it's way from Buy.com (40 bucks with Google Checkout deal). At the same time I am trying to finish Okami, and have gotten into Age of Empires on my DS. Likely Gears of War will trump everything though I have FFV prordered as well. It seems last week was the only big week for me unless I can find a Wii or PS3.

Later,
    Trebuken

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Default Re: hmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuken
    I am conveniently on vacation next week; with nothing to do it appears I am going to gain another ten pounds playing video games. I picked up a few this week, FFXII, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, FEAR (PC), Titan Quest (price dropped), Dungeon Siege (PSP), and Never Winter Nights is on it's way from Buy.com (40 bucks with Google Checkout deal). At the same time I am trying to finish Okami, and have gotten into Age of Empires on my DS. Likely Gears of War will trump everything though I have FFV prordered as well. It seems last week was the only big week for me unless I can find a Wii or PS3.

Later,
    Trebuken
    Haha, I originally took next week off for Guitar Hero 2, but now it's turned into two concerts, GH2, FFXII, and Gears of War.

I'm at work for the next 4 hours and then I'm off until a week from monday. I can't WAIT. Work straight to bar = Win.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I happened to see it today at the stores in all its glory. Very Very tempting. Please post your reviews you brave ones who shelled out the bucks
    neo geo system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well the people over at the avs forum are screaming about this thing.

supposedly the picture quality rivals that of the high end toshiba machines, BUT there is no support for trueHD sound, so no 7.1.

still though I want one of these things now that I know how good the PQ is, though one thing I don't want to do is get involved with another format.

i have a lot of dvd's, and i'm not really a fan of replacing most of them, or waiting on buying and future releases with the hopes that they get released on HD.

oh what to do.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man, I got screwed on this thing, I ordered it from Amazon on October 24th, a pre-order no less, and they keep pushing back the shipping date. I talked to some people from Amazon's customer service, and they are apologizing for it, but they still don't have the damn thing in stock right now. So I'm gonna have to wait at least another week for this thing, maybe even longer. It sucks, cause all the local stores are sold out. I would just buy it at a local store and then cancel my Amazon order, but all the local places are sold out right now.

Oh well, shiznit happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    Man, I got screwed on this thing, I ordered it from Amazon on October 24th, a pre-order no less, and they keep pushing back the shipping date. I talked to some people from Amazon's customer service, and they are apologizing for it, but they still don't have the damn thing in stock right now. So I'm gonna have to wait at least another week for this thing, maybe even longer. It sucks, cause all the local stores are sold out. I would just buy it at a local store and then cancel my Amazon order, but all the local places are sold out right now.

Oh well, shiznit happens.
    Too bad you don't live near me, we never sell out of stuff. But then again there are at least 30 - 40 locations in an 18 mile radius that sell games/movies/electronics and the like.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Well I didn't pick it up, but I guess I'll be asking for it this Xmas then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

A bit of good news - supposedly these drives are PC and Mac compatible..

PC owners have to hunt for drivers.
    Mac owners - it reads automatically, but you have no means of watching any HD-movies yet because the OS doesn't support it yet..

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/13/ma...pc-compatible/