Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    size18s
    PSN
    bickman2k

The thing I don't really get is how people are still so adamant about how great the PS3 is when they keep stripping features from it. This is the first I have heard about them only using 7 of the 8 cores. So now the consumer will now probably foot the bill for this ultra complex chip that will not even be running at full throttle. Seems that Sony has hit their arrogance peak on the third run. Same as Nintendo did on their third home console.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bickman2k
    The thing I don't really get is how people are still so adamant about how great the PS3 is when they keep stripping features from it. This is the first I have heard about them only using 7 of the 8 cores. So now the consumer will now probably foot the bill for this ultra complex chip that will not even be running at full throttle. Seems that Sony has hit their arrogance peak on the third run. Same as Nintendo did on their third home console.
    HEH Nintendo hit their "arrogance peak" back in the NES days my friend it just took a couple of generations for Nintendos self indulgence to catch up with them.

Although Sony has shown similiar signs of over inflated egos they would have to really fuck up and I mean MAJOR FUCK UPS one after the other to lose their lead going into the next gen console war , although I dont give a shit who wins as long as I get to play some great games in the process.

Thats why I finally chose the PS2 as my main gaming machine in this generation and for the foreseeable future FOR THE GAMES the Metal Gears, Silent Hills, the RPGs, the Devil May Cry games, the Onimusha games , the Ratchet and Clank games and the many great 2-D fighters and shooters ALL ON ONE SYSTEM I dont care if its called Playstation , Xbox or Revolution ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAMES MAN NOT THE CONSOLE.

Also whats with the "stripping of features" thing?

Im not a fanboy but the PS3 will play cd,dvd, BLUE-RAY,PSone and PS2 games among other formats.

and the whole number of cores thing and all that hypathetical bullshit doesnt hold water at all.

Hell most developers admit to only using ONE of the 360s processors thus far on the majority of their 3rd party games.

It all comes down to the developers and their overall knowledge and techincal know-how when it comes to how good games look and play on a any given system , a few quick examples : Kojima (Konami) and the PS2 , Itagi (Tecmo) and the Xbox 1, Capcom and the Gamecube AND the PS2.

No matter how many useless specs are put out there or tech geeks try to rant about what matters most is how developers USE EACH INDIVIDUAL SYSTEMS FEATURES and STRENGHTS TO THE FULLEST to create FUN and entertaining games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rbudrick
    Ummm, since a next generation machine is actually out, that's just a really dumb thing to say.

Devilman, what is that thing on top of the two stacked PS2s?

-Rob
    Erk.. only just seen this - sorry!

I picked it up from Toys R Us last year sometime. It's basically an AV selector type thing with a few extras -

- mini PS2 DVD remote (also used to switch scart inputs) and a little slot for it to hide away into.
    - a cable to plug into the PS2 memory card and controller port. Handy in my case as it enables me to switch between UK and Jap machine with one cable.
    - If you look at the top left and top right corners of the unit you'll see two sockets and two dials. These are actually for Karaoke microphones to be plugged into it - it came with the microphones included too!
    - I think there are sockets for three scart inputs and one scart output round the back. If I remember rightly though, RGB isn't supported through this device which was a pain until I got a TV that supported NTSC.

Handy little gadget for £5 anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No! The next gen starts when I say so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    legeek2112

le geek retrogaming
    RETRO REVIEWS / WANTED / BACKLOGGERY / MY DP FEEDBACK

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Psp outsold the 360? WHOA, what an amazing feat with an eight month head start!

JUST WAIT UNTIL eight core initiate destroy power SONY POWER!