Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Look to stickies for the Top 100 thread!

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Look to stickies for the Top 100 thread!

Here's something I've wanted to see for some time. How would we, the people of Digital Press, connoisseurs of classic, rate some of the greatest video games of all time? Here's your time to make your voice heard. For the next fifteen days, we'll be taking your top 25 games of all time, ranked 1-25. Voting ends on Jan. 31st. Each game will be inversely scored, meaning your #1 game earns 25 points while your #25 game earns one. Ties will be settled by who earned the higher value votes. At the end of voting, scores will be tabulated and we'll have ourselves a people's Top 100, the games you all thought were best.

There are a few small rules to follow:

1) Do not PM or post your votes, only emails sent to gorgargames@gmail.com will count.

2) Only one list per poster will count. No multiple votes, or sending an email from a separate account pretending to be a different user. Please be honest.

3) Game votes are tallied independant of platform if it was released in multiple forms, unless there are huge differences between platforms.

For example: Super Street Fighter 2 is essentially the same through Arcade, Genesis, SNES, etc... and a vote for it would count regardless of platform. Beavis and Butthead was a vastly different game between the Genesis and SNES, those votes would be separated.

4) Ties will be broken by number of highest place votes. Say Metroid and Super Mario World are tied at #20. If Metroid got 3 4th place votes and SMW only got 2, and neither got a higher placing, then Metroid would be 20, and SMW would be 21.

Please send your lists to gorgargames@gmail.com with the subject line:

DP Top 25 List

And put it in this format:

DP User Name

1) #1 Favorite Game Name [platform]
    2) #2 Favorite Game Name [platform]
    25) #25 Favorite Game Name [platform]

Remember, games are scored inversely. Your 1 pick scores the most. Your 25 pick scores the least.

Any video game, any system, is votable. Arcade, console, PC, old style computer, whatever YOUR top 25 is works.

When all the voting is completed, I will post the results in chunks of ten in the first week of February from 100 all the way to #1.

Remember, all lists go gorgargames@gmail.com and we look forward to seeing your votes!

-AB+
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh man. I thought I would never have to create such a list, but I think I'm going to try for it. All I know is that #1 is already picked, it'll be the others that are tough.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

# 1 is a lock for Super Mario Bros. I'm gonna work on my list tonight, got a lot of thinking to do.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did this a while ago across a bunch of forums...I'll definitely be participating this time around as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow. I don't think that I could ever manage to do this. I mean, I guess I was able to do a list of the top 50 NES games (that I own and have played), but across all platforms and all years? That would take forever.
    "Dost thou love me?" "No" "But thou must!"

My Video Game Journal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since Nintendo Power and Electronic Gaming Monthly did their top 200 lists, I have recently been thinking about what my favorites are...more like my top 25, not 200. So, I basically already got my 25 favorites down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this sounds a lot like those power rankings Anthony 1 did a while back. I must compile a list now.

what i don't like about doing lists like these though is I sometimes force myself to leave some of my favorite games off the list in favor of game I don't play much. I mean I know Final Fantasy 3 is a better game than Wall Street Kid but I personally would rather play Wall Street Kid. its hard for me to make a list of what are the 25 best games vs what are my 25 most favorite games.... wait what kind of a list are we doing again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by classicb
    this sounds a lot like those power rankings Anthony 1 did a while back. I must compile a list now.

what i don't like about doing lists like these though is I sometimes force myself to leave some of my favorite games off the list in favor of game I don't play much. I mean I know Final Fantasy 3 is a better game than Wall Street Kid but I personally would rather play Wall Street Kid. its hard for me to make a list of what are the 25 best games vs what are my 25 most favorite games.... wait what kind of a list are we doing again.
    you're supposed to list your 25 favourites, not what you think are the 25 best games...

and damn you AB+, i just went through my collection and listed every game i enjoyed so much that it deserved a spot in this list... and i ended up with EXACTLY 100 games how in gods name am i going to sort those now :/
    -Jan

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

The hard part for me will not be picking the games in question (I've got a good set of 20-30 already in mind) but actually putting them in order!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    legeek2112

List sent! BTW, for me the game that barely didn't make the cut was HALO...

Cheers,
    Ben
    le geek retrogaming
    RETRO REVIEWS / WANTED / BACKLOGGERY / MY DP FEEDBACK

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

I like the fact that the lists are not posted publicly. This way none of us will be influenced by others.

Building on what classicb said, you should rank your favorite games, not the ones you think should be the best. If you would rather play Wall Street Kid than FF III, then what does that say about the two games in your eyes? I am just saying that you shouldn't be swayed by games' 'status', but rather just put down the games that you like the best.

A couple of pointers to people having trouble: Go through your whole collection and make a list of all of the games that you like playing. It doesn't matter how long the list is. Then just go down the list, and consider each game compared to the one below it. Which should be higher than the other? When you get to the bottom, go back to the top and do it again. Keep moving from top to bottom and back again until you have no more changes to make. When you are done, you will have ranked the games. Then just chop off the top 25.

Chris

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm sure you have to consider modern games in a top 100 and halo is the top (or up there atleast) of modern games...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CYRiX
    I'm sure you have to consider modern games in a top 100 and halo is the top (or up there atleast) of modern games...
    not on my list ... although some meseta might sway my vote jk I already sent my list in

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Before I start my list, I want to make sure there aren't any choices that are not allowed. Basically, I'm wondering two things...

Can any console game be included, no matter how recent? For instance, Super Rogmeister for the GameCube is released tomorrow, can I include it?

Are arcade games allowed?

Inquiring minds need to know...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: DP people's Top 100 countdown. Cast your votes now!

Quote Originally Posted by AB Positive

Any video game, any system, is votable. Arcade, console, PC, old style computer, whatever YOUR top 25 is works.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awesome. I'm gonna get started on my list right now. I'm gonna have quite a few difficult decisions to make....
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks, classicb...somehow, in my excitement to get started, I missed that part

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Woo! I love favourite lists. I pretty much know whats in my top 5 but all the way down to 25 is hard, and in order. The thing which always gets me is games which are in a series, I like to only include one installment in there, otherwise lists can get filled with varients. I wonder how this will effect the overall top list, with people choosing pretty much the same game but preferring a different installment in the series.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DrWily008
    PSN
    DrWily008

The ultimate list has been sent! Sorry about all of the RPG's...but that is the way we roll here in the hood.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I made up my list, and was somewhat shocked to see how much Nintendo and Square titles there were. No doubt for a reason.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them