Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Default maybee I shouldn't sell on eBay

Got this email today.

OKAY, I NEED MY POSITIVE FEEDBACK NOW. I HAVE ASKED YOU MANY TIMES. I HAD GIVEN YOU POSITIVE FEEDBACK A LONG TIME AGO, NOW I NEED MINE. PLEASE GIVE ME MY POSITIVE FEEDBACK SOON!
    Cullen
    I replied with

Man, don't be such a pain.

Which do you love more, feedback or WRITTING IN ALL CAPS ?

I will leave feedback for you and all the others when I get around to it. Sending out the package safely and in a timely fashion is the important part. Feedback is a joke and is as important as making sure you don't step on a crack while on the sidewalk. Don't fall into the ebay mindgame.

However, thanks for leaving me positive feedback even though I could care less its the thought that counts. I appreciate the effort, one of these days I'll do the same hopefully sometime this week.
    Adam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wouldn't it have taken less time to just have given him his feedback than it did to write that email response to him saying that you'll do it when you get the time?

Granted there's no rule saying that a person has to leave feedback at all but if someone had taken the time to write me asking me to please leave him his deserved positive feedback I would have found the extra minute in my day

Feedback may not mean much to some of us who have built up over 1000 positives but I can understand people who don't have that many wanting the ones that they've earned. As a seller I know that I'm more comfortable going into a transaction when my buyers have a good feedback record.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

It was the all CAPS message. Even if I was planning to leave feedback that day it won't happen till the end of the week now.

I can't stand caps. I don't care how right someone is. Not saying he is or isn't but I hate CAPS.

Ebay needs to change the feedback policy. If there is a problem and its not resolved then it should be the option of buyer and seller to leave a negative otherwise all feedbacks should be reguarded as positive.

And when sellers can buy 50 1 cent photos to boost feedback prior to selling $5000.00 watches does feedback really have any merit?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So basically, you're e-punishing this guy for not sharing your worldview... and for typing in all caps.

It's like putting your car in park for five minutes at an intersection because the guy in the car behind you is yelling and "green lights give me bad vibes."

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WHILE YOUR POST IS AMUSING, I STILL THINK YOU'RE ACTING A LITTLE PRICKISH.
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    AKay724

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    Wouldn't it have taken less time to just have given him his feedback than it did to write that email response to him saying that you'll do it when you get the time?

Granted there's no rule saying that a person has to leave feedback at all but if someone had taken the time to write me asking me to please leave him his deserved positive feedback I would have found the extra minute in my day

Feedback may not mean much to some of us who have built up over 1000 positives but I can understand people who don't have that many wanting the ones that they've earned. As a seller I know that I'm more comfortable going into a transaction when my buyers have a good feedback record.
    Agreed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari
    It was the all CAPS message. Even if I was planning to leave feedback that day it won't happen till the end of the week now.

I can't stand caps. I don't care how right someone is. Not saying he is or isn't but I hate CAPS.
    We all have our pet peeves I guess. I know I have tons of them that make me do and say stupid things from time to time.

Ebay needs to change the feedback policy. If there is a problem and its not resolved then it should be the option of buyer and seller to leave a negative otherwise all feedbacks should be reguarded as positive.
    That's actually not a bad idea. It would make feedback more realistic as people would be more likely to leave a neutral or negative for a bad experience if they knew that the other party would get a positive otherwise. You should email that suggestion to eBay.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some ppl write in caps for some reason. Doesnt mean that they are screaming tho. Maybe they think its easier to read.
    I see you hate caps, but I wouldnt let the anger on the buyer because he/she wrote in caps. You could just left feedback and said you forgot.

Btw, how often do you get mails like this? If you get them all the time I can understand, but if you get them very rarely I wouldnt used energy on getting pissed over something as small like this.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have gotten similar messages from ebay members:

"OMG WTF, why havent you left feedback!!!11!!"

I just ignore it and do it when I get around to it.
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    zebrassss

I send e-mails to sellers that don't leave feedback. Im polite when I ask, but I still ask.

I think its just plain lazyness to not leave feedback, and I believe it is part of the transaction.

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Incidentally as a seller I send an e-mail to my buyers asking if they got the item and it was satisfactory because I hadn't yet received feedback.

Even doing that I'm only receiving feedback about 20-25% of the time despite being an excellent seller who ships same day.
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Not a little. I'm sure I'm being a big asshole. Too many years in retail has done me in. Telling the customer no has just become second nature.

So yeah basiclly if someone gets upset over something I could care less about instead of getting off my ass to fix it I see it as a huge hassle and refuse. Give them an inch they take a mile kinda deal. The nicer they are about it the more likely I am to do anything for them.

like I said maybe I shouldn't sell on ebay.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are you going to stop selling on Ebay just because one user wrote in caps asking you to give him/her feedback?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think not leaving feedback at all is relatively key to the extremely flawed eBay feedback system. It's kind of the new neutral, because if you give someone a neutral it looks worse than what it actually is. For example, one time a buyer paid promptly, but made out the money order to the complete wrong name, and then kept bugging me about when he was going to receive it (I shipped it the same day I received the dumb money order, too). I didn't leave him feedback at all, because while he didn't do anything too wrong, he certainly didn't deserve a positive feedback. Incidentally, this buyer nagged me for weeks to give him a positive, which I never did.
    Feedback thread here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: maybee I shouldn't sell on eBay

[quote="Buyatari"]Got this email today.

I replied with

Man, don't be such a pain.

Which do you love more, feedback or WRITTING IN ALL CAPS ?

I will leave feedback for you and all the others when I get around to it. Sending out the package safely and in a timely fashion is the important part. Feedback is a joke and is as important as making sure you don't step on a crack while on the sidewalk. Don't fall into the ebay mindgame.

However, thanks for leaving me positive feedback even though I could care less its the thought that counts. I appreciate the effort, one of these days I'll do the same hopefully sometime this week.
    Adam
    I totally agree with this. Even though you could have left the feedback, who cares? I hate feedback, even though I have a grip of + for a 99.4 rating. I just don't care. I think that the DP forums are great, but I can't stand the people on here who complain about feedback. It happens atlease once a week. Someone complains about getting a - or something. Or how about the people who are afraid to leave the feedback deserved because they are afraid to get a neg. I say it has little or nothing to do with eBay and it is a poor indication of how a seller or a bidder will act.

[/my 2cents]
    Condoleezza Rice is nice, but I prefer A Roni!

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: maybee I shouldn't sell on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by rpepper9
    I totally agree with this. Even though you could have left the feedback, who cares?
    Obviously the buyer hehe :P

I also asked sellers before if they didnt leave me feedback, but now I have a highfeedback rating so it doesnt matter that much anymore.
    I always leave feedback after I have tested what I bought and I e-mail the seller telling I have recived the item and that I have given feedback. When I sell I usualy leave feedback as soon as I have sent the stuff.
    I fully understand why people ask for feedback.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    Yeah i just ignore those email---hand out feedback at the start of each month. They can wait.

(•¿•) - "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
    Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use." - Emily Post ----- Component Video looks just as good as RGB, is a heck of a lot easier to set up, and also a lot cheaper!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I SECOND THAT!

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I get a lot of people who never leave feedback. So I don't leave any feedback either.

My total feedback should be well over 100 by now, but eh. I just kinda gave up on everything.

There should be a policy - if the bidder does not leave feedback, it's an automatic positive. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper
    There should be a policy - if the bidder does not leave feedback, it's an automatic positive. :P
    yeah right, at an automatic $1 chargeable fee too by ebay

nothing they impose to the benefit of members are without fees charged for it