Thread: Don't sleep on King Kong for the 360.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Don't sleep on King Kong for the 360.

I'm telling you, King Kong for the 360, although a very short ride and too easy, ... is a quite fine piece of programming. I know the game was made for current gen systems, and it's just a port, but I just played the first T-Rex level, and I can tell you that the first time you encounter a T-Rex (if you are playing on a top of the line HDTV with a kick ass 5.1 sound system) is a pretty harowing experience. My little boys were watching me play, and they normally aren't scared by video games, because they are used to seeing video games and they know that video games are fake, but with the blur effect that is used, and the number of poly's on the T-Rex in King Kong 360, it damn near looks almost as good as Jurassic Park in VHS quality. I mean, the T-Rex looks that damn good.

It's funny, cause I remember playing the Kiosk demo of this game and not liking it very much because of all the jaggies, and I wasn't impressed with the T-Rex's for some reason when I first played it on the Kiosk, but playing it now at home, it's like damn......"That was some impressive ass shit that I just witnessed. I mean, that was some next level ish".

The game may be way too easy, and way too short, but if you have a kick ass HDTV that can do some native 720p justice, and you have a top of the line rhine 7.1 audio system, then you just might shite your pantalones when you see the T-Rex for the very first time. That blurr stuff caught me off guard.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dang, I saw the thread title and got excited.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

while the demo kinda ruined the whole "first time experience" for me, it was still amazing playing it at home, and I recently just got an HDTV for it. Sounds and looks amazing, and wait until you get to the raft levels, those are pretty amazing (and one part had me on the edge of my seat the whole time) great game, although it has its problems (and bugs/glitches) its still awsome.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played the demo, but along with glitches, I heard the game is too short to justify the 60 dollar price tag? I am still waiting for this to be cheaper
    To be this good takes AGES

To be this great takes SEGA!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Well, maybe I'll pick it up used. I can't justify a high price tag on a movie game.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Don't sleep on King Kong for the 360.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    SNIP
    Yea I remember playing it at gamecrazy, These guys were opening this door and telling me to lure "It" Away, I didnt know what "It" was until I turned around.... Thats when I died.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

I usually don't use gaming software as a replacement for a traditional sleeping apparatus, but I'll be sure to take your advice on this one.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The demo on the kiosc disc isn't really a good representation of the final game. There was a lot more polish put in before the 360 version shipped. If you think it looked like crap on the kiosc (and it does) try to play the final version. The difference is night and day...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce
    The demo on the kiosc disc isn't really a good representation of the final game. There was a lot more polish put in before the 360 version shipped. If you think it looked like crap on the kiosc (and it does) try to play the final version. The difference is night and day...

I absolutely agree with this. When I played the Kiosk version, I thought the game had tons of jaggies and I was quite shocked to see jaggies on it. Especially the T-Rex's. But playing the final game at home, there are no jaggies whatsoever. I've heard that the original Kiosk demo's games didn't have the antialiasing activated. The Kiosk demo of it could give somebody a really inaccurate impression of the game.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, do not judge this game by the TERRIBLE version they put (and at least at my store: still have) on the kiosks. It was pretty horrible when I walked right through a Trex and then it started to glow neon green. I also hated how that woman would scream "KONG HELP", EVERY FIVE !@#$ING SECONDS. I hope they changed that.

It was fun played as Driscol though....

"Quickly, you must distract that thing!"

"Trex punched in the FACE"

That's right. He was distracted.