Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: price check american snes ISSS

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well I've reseached this a bit now too and here are my possible conclusions.

1)It's a Boot--If it is a boot is very well done because these do have boxes and USA liscense numbers, etc.

2)It's a legitamate release never released in America. May have been ligitamtly produced and shipped to Brazil, Mexico, etc, But was never released in the USA according to nintendo's offical USA pdf game lists(not the crappy master list on their webpage) they have pdf lists for nes, snes, and N64. The Snes pdf doesn't not include this title nor the a US liscenee for this game. You can see the pdf for youself here. If you check their pdf's you'll noticed no unliscensed games appear, these are only offically liscensed games.

Now I started out thinking this game was offical due to the USA liscense number and the fact that everything with the game seemed kosher except for the cirular seal of quality which is not normal for US releases, except early NES release which had a circular black seal. Since I noticed the seal I've been trying to find the true answer to this question, and I found the pdf's. I'm still trying to dig through Konami to see if they can shed any light on this, but at this moment I consider it to be one of the 2 things above and not an offical US release.

http://www.nintendo.com/doc/snes_games.pdf

The list lists game title , the company that liscensed it and Month/year of release.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am pretty confident this title is legit...not sure about Arthur's copy with circular seal, but I have a copy with legit board on the inside, and oval seal on the label with esrb rating, etc. Part number: M/SNS-3U-USA.

I'm also pretty sure that DreamTR managed to get his hands on a legit CIB copy of the game as well.

Pics of my cart and pcb:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...s/DSCN7222.jpg
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...s/DSCN7224.jpg
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...s/DSCN7229.jpg
    I'm always looking for new boxed NES accessories. If you've got any for sale, shoot me a PM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy_NES View Post
    I am pretty confident this title is legit...not sure about Arthur's copy with circular seal, but I have a copy with legit board on the inside, and oval seal on the label with esrb rating, etc. Part number: M/SNS-3U-USA.

I'm also pretty sure that DreamTR managed to get his hands on a legit CIB copy of the game as well.

Pics of my cart and pcb:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...s/DSCN7222.jpg
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...s/DSCN7224.jpg
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...s/DSCN7229.jpg

Well, your copy definately looks authentic. No soldered wires, no hoaky label, and the part number looks good.

I've noticed that bootlegers really don't pay attention to the part number. They use SNS-TN-USA most times which is for Terminator. Yours says SNS-3U-USA, which isn't in the DP guide under anything else and follows the normal translation from Japanese number SHVC-3U to European number SNSP-3U-XXX as most if not all US North American releases do. If it were to be a bootleg, not saying that your is, then either the bootleger had to be looking at an authentic NA release or did the research to put the right part number on it. Which leads me to believe that it is legitamate, as I see that both are highly unlikely.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well the board and chips look legit. That would leave me to believe it's case #2 from my previous post. I wish you had the box and book as both shoud also have the number on them.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That copy that Arthur posted is DEFINITELY the real deal awhile back.

Also, that Nintendo "Seal of Quality" is oval shaped, not circular shaped, so I am not sure how that goes to say someone though it was circular from the picture.

The Nintendo PDF SNES list DOES include ISS Soccer and ISS Soccer Deluxe from Konami listed as being released 6 months apart. Two versions of the SNES version exist, one manual and cart say M/SNS-3U-USA, etc. and the other does not have the M/ definition for Mexico. Many games have that "M" in front (Ken Griffey's Winning Run comes to mind) and the other ISS Soccer DELUXE I have has Made in Japan instead of Made in USA on the manual and cart.

So to put this in perspective:

Arthur's picture: Real Deal. Bonafide North American release Of International Superstar Soccer. The inside of that manual has the Konami IL old address and 708 area code for cutomer support.

The other, slightly easier to find game is INternational Superstar Soccer Deluxe, whch has two versions. One made in Japan, one made in Mexico, manual printed in Japan, or USA.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

udisi: check that list again, ISS and ISS Deluxe are listed as "official" North American releases.

Granted I don't agree with some of Nintendo's list (they are missing things like Mountain Bike Rally/Speed Racer for SNES and have a bunch of random GBA and GBC games that were released in Europe but not in the USA, or unreleased period, but the game, box, manual, all have part numbers, all in English, all with ESRB ratings, all with the same statutes as any North American release. The argument could be it was released only in Mexico (like Super Copa) but that still constitutes it being a North American SNES released game. Can't argue with the box/manual. Also, I have seen ISS Deluxe (which was featured in Nintendo Power) sold in California mom and pop stores....

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I'm having trouble with my pdf reader all the sudden, Loading a blank white page atm. so I'm gonna have to go off memory. I almost certain MBR/Speedracer is in the pdf, and I know for sure MBR was, I did see the first ISS in the pdf, but didn't see the second ISS or super copa. I'm gonna keep trying to reload and see if somehow I missed ISS Deluxe, you said you saw it. Did you happend to catch the month/Year of release? I agree that the picks of the chips, and such were looking legit which if why I was so perplexed as to why would there seem to be a ligitamate release not included in the pdf. If I saw it on the pdf that would make me a believer in a US release. Super Copa I'm pretty sure was mexico only, Not arguing against NA release for either of these just US release. I withhold my previous judgement pending I re-examine the file. BTW the M/ makes sense, just a version without the qualifier and it's listing in the pdf would clinch it as a garenteed US release imo.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

June 1995 for ISS
    November 1995 for ISS Deluxe.

I see Mountain Bike Rally, but not the MBR/SR Double Pack.

Those lists for the older systems used to only be available to NIntendo employees years ago, and they STILL have not changed them.

Again, Nintendo does not classify their games as "US" releases. It's North American releases, they include Canada and Mexico as part of their overall releases. Super Copa or Tony Meola, no idea why that is not there when the cart has a US part number, but like I said before, I do not trust their lists completely because they are missing a few things.

I also recall ISS 2000 not being part of the N64 list at one time either.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well got my pdf working again, and both are listed you are correct. Deluxe was the one I thought wasn't on there, ISSS I always believed was a US a release. Anyone have pics of a complete ISSS Deluxe, for I have never seen one, but it would apear that it too is a legitamte US release.

Also you aren't mistaken, I still don't see ISSS 2000 in the n64 list. Do you have a US version of this? I've seen a PAL but not a US, I haven't done a ton of N64 stuff yet. Nintendo may have some missing, but Since both the ISSS SNES games are there, I'd say that the book is pretty much closed on them and they are legit.
    Last edited by udisi; 01-01-2007 at 02:13 AM.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

udisi, ISS 2000 can be had on ebay usually, and I bought that game in the US, but it was at a mom and pop store. I do have a complete ISS Deluxe, and just traded off two doubles if it with manuals to some friends/collectors. ISS I could not verify existed as a US release because it was harder to find than ISSD.

The Nintendo list DOES have things that were not released in the USA for Game Boy Color and GBA, though. Not all of their lists are correct.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

These really should be added to the SNES release list. I know we can't prove they were "sold" here except at Mom and Pop stores, but the games have USA part numbers, made in Japan, and all US warranty information in the manual, AND they are official Nintendo releases, AND on the official Nintendo North American release list for SNES.

If we have crap like Air Raid, or other games that were sold via mail order randomly for other systems on these lists, there should be no argument about the ISS Soccer games.

Insert Coin (Level 0) miserere01's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    June 1995 for ISS
    November 1995 for ISS Deluxe.

I see Mountain Bike Rally, but not the MBR/SR Double Pack.

Those lists for the older systems used to only be available to NIntendo employees years ago, and they STILL have not changed them.

Again, Nintendo does not classify their games as "US" releases. It's North American releases, they include Canada and Mexico as part of their overall releases. Super Copa or Tony Meola, no idea why that is not there when the cart has a US part number, but like I said before, I do not trust their lists completely because they are missing a few things.

I also recall ISS 2000 not being part of the N64 list at one time either.

So wait, would Super Copa be considered part of the complete US SNES collection then, with a US serial?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

miser: It has a US part #, BUT Nintendo does not include it on their list of North AMerican releases. It is really a variation of TOny Meola's Soccer for SNES with different teams. I would include it because it's different enough IMO. Only that and Mountain Bike Rally/Speed Racer are not on the official Nintendo list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just thought that someone here might want to know that I have a complete copy of ISS Deluxe for SNES up for sale on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/International-Su...em320090345442

Thanks for your time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Again for one more time! Another complete copy of ISSD on ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320123600102

thanks for your time!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suppafly View Post
    Again for one more time! Another complete copy of ISSD on ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320123600102

thanks for your time!
    You do know there is an ebay forum for advertising your auctions.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So have we agreed on what the guide value and rarity will be for ISS yet?
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vintagegamecrazy View Post
    So have we agreed on what the guide value and rarity will be for ISS yet?
    I sold the original ISS (not Deluxe) cart-only for $100 on eBay around a month ago.
    I'm always looking for new boxed NES accessories. If you've got any for sale, shoot me a PM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Prices vary way too much to pin it down.

Rarity is also a little of a subjective thing as it's rare in USA but not in South America. Difficult to obtain in USA at any rate.

I know that there are tons of these in South America but it stinks that its a matter of bidding wars to obtain them. They go for far more than I know that they should.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I managed a video game store back around the time when the 3DO and Jaguar came out. It was the policy of the owner to have one of every game for rent and I'm pretty sure we had a copy of ISS for rent.