That's right, I have recorded the second best f-Zero X death race time in history.
According to twingalaxies.com the highest official F-Zero X records stand at this:

DEATH RACE
0 Min 31.972 Sec Thai, Jimmy
0 Min 33.146 Sec Van Moer, Dave
0 Min 50.786 Sec Andrews, Dustin

I emailed the officialreferee bloke this:

Dear official referee bloke
I was always interested as to how good my score was at
the Death race on F Zero-X, and when i found the record from Jimmy Thai, I noticed that my record was 6 seconds off - standing at 37.840 seconds.The thing is, I am english, and therefore use a PAL machine and PAL cartridge. I know that PAL games can be up to 7% slower than NTSC machines, which is what I gather Jimmy Thai was playing on. Therefore, I was wondering if this was taken into consideration, my time if done on an NTSC machine would beat Jimmys or if I held the PAL record for the fastest death race
time,
Josef

I got this in reply:

Hello Josef:

The only other PAL player on record is Dave Van Moer from Belgium, and with the consensus of all top FZX players playing on NTSC format, Dave's times were divided by 1.20 to obtain the US equivelant.
In other words, a "Silence" time of 1:04.200 in NTSC is equivelant of 64.200 secs x 1.20 = 77.04 secs or 1:17.04...similiarly, a time of 2:00.00 even on PAL would be 120 secs divided by 1.20 or 100 seconds or 1:40.000 in NTSC format.
Jimmy Thai is an NTSC player, by the way. In general, PAL games are at 50 hertz rate while NTSC is at 60 hertz...thus, a 1.2 variance (60/50=1.20)
Your PAL score of 37.840 seconds would be, if I do this correctly, 31.533 seconds in NTSC format. If you managed to catch this on tape, that is among the two fastest times in the world, assuming again you are in PAL format as you say.

As you can see. He said i had the second best time. When in fact, 31.533 seconds is less than 31.972 seconds. This makes me the best death race guy out there.
I'll hand in some official picture thing in a couple of weeks. And see my name go down in history.

I also wanted to gloat.

MankeyMan.