Thread: star trek 40th Anniversary games

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default star trek 40th Anniversary games

so we've got three Trek games coming:

Star Trek: Legacy, an action/strategy title planned for the PC and Xbox 360 with an expected release date in September. Legacy takes place in all three Trek time periods (Archer, Kirk, Picard) and will include a single player campaign and multiplayer support for eight players.

Star Trek: Tactical Assault, a handheld adventure set in the original Star Trek universe coming to both Nintendo DS and PSP.

Star Trek: Tactical Assault is not being farmed out to some no-name company, either. Star Trek: Starfleet Command developer Quicksilver Software is handing development on the game, which will feature Federation and Klingon single-player campaigns and head-to-head wireless multiplayer on both platforms.

Star Trek Online will deliver action, adventure and combat mechanics unique to persistent world games. Its design includes a rich array of solo and multiplayer missions set in space, on planets and in starbases throughout the universe. At launch, it will take place during the 24th century timeline in the series, with other aspects of the Star Trek universe to be interwoven and added through expansions. Players will encounter characters, places, and situations from their favorite Star Trek movies and television series; will explore incredible new worlds; and will cooperate with or battle friendly and hostile races throughout the game.

just wondering on what people think so far and which of these they are looking forward to the most, myself Tactical assault, mostly because i love starfleet command III so much and it's the same devs, so maybe a bit of that magic will rub off.

Starman (Level 23) Phosphor Dot Fossils's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If Legacy turns out not to be an FPS, then I give the officialy raised-Vulcan-eyebrow "fascinating!" to that one.

Man, there's just no reason for Trek games to suck as badly as so many of them have. I kinda dug Invasion on the PS1, but I've found as the years have worn on that I get bored with it.