Thread: You Resident Evil fans need to try DEEP FEAR for Saturn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default You Resident Evil fans need to try DEEP FEAR for Saturn

asdsa

For those that don't know, DEEP FEAR was a Sega-produced Resident Evil clone with a spooky underwater sea lab setting. It plays very much like the first three games in the RE series... prerendered graphics coupled with real-time characters and objects. It's a darn good game (especially for the period)... It might have helped the Saturn stay around a bit longer had it been released earlier. As it stands, it never got a USA release. It WAS released in Japan and the EU. The PAL version was the VERY LAST Saturn game released in PAL territories and is one of the more expensive PAL Saturn games to obtain at this time. It will probably get more expensive as time goes on.

The Japanese version is far easier and cheap to get, and all the spoken dialog (much of it quite awful and hilarious) is ENTIRELY IN ENGLISH. Some of the menus are in Japanese, but you can navigate pretty well without any knowledge of Japanese. FAQs are available that will help you through any tough spots. Great graphics and sound, too. The PAL version is entirely in English with English menues but very pricey... I suggest the much cheaper Japanese version and a gamefaq print-out for the menus.

Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: You Resident Evil fans need to try DEEP FEAR for Saturn

Quote Originally Posted by fishsandwich
    The PAL version was the VERY LAST Saturn game released in PAL territories and is one of the more expensive PAL Saturn games to obtain at this time. It will probably get more expensive as time goes on.
    I'm pretty sure was selling for a fair bit more a couple of years back than it currently does. Still one of the pricier PAL Saturn games tho'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It's a good game, and a pretty well-known one at that, too (esp. the Saturn 'diehard community'). It would be in my obscure thread if it actually was obscure, but it isn't. Gotta love DuBois' hilarious voiceover.