Thread: Jaguar FS Complete collection,questions for Jaguar experts!

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Jaguar FS Complete collection,questions for Jaguar experts!

I just added in my album my 99% complete Factory sealed Jaguar Cartridge&CD Collection...

http://videogamecollectors.com/galle...32X-Collection

But i do have some questions for Jaguar experts:

1) My Hyper Force & Skyhammer are the 2 only games i do not have factory sealed,because i heard there never was such "factory seal" produced..is it true?

2) Same goes for my Battlesphere,is there a factory seal or not?

3) I don't have the last released "homebrew games" like Total Carnage,or Jaguar Expo/Convention,so based on pics i provided ( you can see i have the Jag-ADS CD, the Phase Demo Cartridge, the JUGS CD ), which items am i missing for having all that "homebrew"stuff?

4) Which accessories were released for Jaguar/Jaguar CD?

5) My Blue Lightning, Vid Grid and Braindead 13 Jaguar CD Games don't have a "big box" like other Jaguar CDs,is it normal?

6) My Iron Soldier 2 Cartridge version and Iron Soldier 2 CD version do have the EXACT same box,same size..it is normal?

7) My Factory Sealed Air Cars come in a white box with printed instructions,not in a black box like all other carts...once again,is it the only version released?

Is there a updated list somewhere?

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zeno2112

The only one I can definitively answer for you is number 6, and the answer is yes. The CD and cart were both released in similar-sized boxes. In fact if you look closely at your CD version you will see that the "CD" portion of the logo is in fact a sticker placed on a regular Jag cart box.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The thing is my CD version doesn't even have that sticker..?

But i clearly feel that one box is lighter than the other one,and the thing that should be inside the box is a cart for 1,and a cd case for the other one...maybe they forgot to put that sticker?

I checked a little on online guide,and i found i'm missing those:

Bypass Cartridge
    CGE 5th Anniversary CD
    Demo CD
    Demo CD Version 1.0
    Gorf 2000
    Jaguar "Eyes" CD
    Jaguar Launches Jaguar CD
    Jaguar Extremist Pack #1
    Jaguar Extremist Pack #2
    Jaguar Extremist Pack #3
    Mad Bodies
    Myst (demo)
    Ocean's Depths
    Painter
    Painter Jagfest 2003 Special Edition
    Soulstar (CD)
    Space War 2000
    Total Carnage
    Virtual Light Machine

In all those things,which ones REALLY came out?

Thanks

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Jaguar FS Complete collection,questions for Jaguar exper

Quote Originally Posted by Adol
    I just added in my album my 99% complete Factory sealed Jaguar Cartridge&CD Collection...

http://videogamecollectors.com/galle...32X-Collection

1) My Hyper Force & Skyhammer are the 2 only games i do not have factory sealed,because i heard there never was such "factory seal" produced..is it true?
    I don't believe any of the Songbird games are shrinkwrapped. i.e. Hyper Force, Skyhammer, Protector/SE, Soccer Kid, and Total Carnage.
    not sure

5) My Blue Lightning, Vid Grid and Braindead 13 Jaguar CD Games don't have a "big box" like other Jaguar CDs,is it normal?
    Yes(it's normal) on Blue Lightning and Vid Grid, they were pack-ins with the Jaguar CD unit. Braindead 13 did originally come with a big box, but it's becoming quite rare to find one even on ebay. VideoGame Liquidators flooded the market with the jewel case BD13's that are very common.

7) My Factory Sealed Air Cars come in a white box with printed instructions,not in a black box like all other carts...once again,is it the only version released?
    Yes.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Soccer Kid is from Telegames no?
    My Soccer Kid IS shrinkwrapped
    I checked Ebay completed listings,and found 1 Braindead 13 "big boxed"..i missed this one,but since i'm only interested in factory sealed stuff for jaguar,well..

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bypass Cartridge
    CGE 5th Anniversary CD
    Demo CD
    Demo CD Version 1.0
    Gorf 2000
    Jaguar "Eyes" CD
    Jaguar Launches Jaguar CD
    Jaguar Extremist Pack #1
    Jaguar Extremist Pack #2
    Jaguar Extremist Pack #3
    Mad Bodies
    Myst (demo)
    Ocean's Depths
    Painter
    Painter Jagfest 2003 Special Edition
    Soulstar (CD)
    Space War 2000
    Total Carnage
    Virtual Light Machine

In all those things,which ones REALLY came out?

Thanks
    If you mean official released stuff during the lifespan of the Jaguar, then only Myst demo which was a pack in with the Jaguar CD unit. The Virtual Light Machine is a feature of the Jaguar CD, not external software.

Of those things listed, Total Carnage is the only worthwhile thing IMO, it's a complete game and something that was supposed to be released on the Jaguar anyway. And you don't need a bypass cartridge(for homebrew games) if you own Protector SE, but it looks like you only have the regular version of that.

Also, I may have missed it but I don't see the Memory Track in your collection. It's a cartridge for the CD unit to save games, your collection is incomplete without it. You should be able to get this factory sealed.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I do have the Memory Track,factory sealed,in the accessories picture

Well,i guess the only way to get all that "demo/homebrew"stuff is to pay full price at songbird or online shops like this?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey,just reading about the jaguar collection and wondering if any of you can help,
    is is possible to use a mains adaptor other than the official one for the jaguar,like one from another console...thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zeno2112

Quote Originally Posted by blackpanther
    hey,just reading about the jaguar collection and wondering if any of you can help,
    is is possible to use a mains adaptor other than the official one for the jaguar,like one from another console...thanks
    [1st post corrected below ]

Absolutely. Genesis/Mega Drive Model #1 adapter plugs right in to both the Jag and the CD.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nice one thanks for the info

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Jaguar FS Complete collection,questions for Jaguar exper

Oooooo! Jaguar post! I can help

This is true. And if you have Protector, Protector SE (two different releases) or Soccer Kid sealed, then someone bought them and put shrinkwrap on them. They aren't really sealed then.

I seem to recall that BattleSphere was shrinkwrapped, but BattleSphere Gold was not. I don't know if that's true or not.

3) I don't have the last released "homebrew games" like Total Carnage,or Jaguar Expo/Convention,so based on pics i provided ( you can see i have the Jag-ADS CD, the Phase Demo Cartridge, the JUGS CD ), which items am i missing for having all that "homebrew"stuff?
    If you have Soccer Kid, Protector, Protector SE, Skyhammer and such, you should probably get Total Carnage too, as it is from the same vendor (Songbird) who made the others. However, *all* of these releases (including BattleSphere from 4Play / ScatoLOGIC) could be considered "homebrew," "aftermarket" or "independent" releases, so it is up to you if you need them.

The JUGS CD should have been included with your copy of BattleSphere. So, if you count BattleSphere, then yes I would consider JUGS to be part of the full set.

More on all this in part two below...

4) Which accessories were released for Jaguar/Jaguar CD?
    Atari released for the Jaguar had the controller, ProController, Composite Cables and S-Video Cables. The Team Tap was included when White Men Can't Jump was purchased, and I don't know if it was ever sold seperately.

For the Jaguar CD, only the memory cart was released, unless you count the Tempest 2000 soundtrack which was included in the Jaguar CD package.

As was mentioned, Braindead 13 has a big box. The others don't.

6) My Iron Soldier 2 Cartridge version and Iron Soldier 2 CD version do have the EXACT same box,same size..it is normal?
    Yes. The Iron Soldier 2 CD version should have a small sticker on it that reads "CD" though. World Tour Racing (also from Telegames) is a small box.

Most of the Telegames releases were also made after the Jaguar was discontinued and Atari was no longer supporting it, thus the huge drop in quality on the Telegames releases (small boxes, black and white cheap manuals, black and red cart labels, some Iron Soldiers were released on CD-R, etc).

There was a second version released more recently that includes the same stuff. That sounds like the "original" release though.

One at a time...

Bypass Cartridge - Released to play unencrypted CDs. Protector SE does the same thing.
    CGE 5th Anniversary CD - I forgot who released this -- Songbird, I believe -- A CD with pictures on it. Not a game.
    Demo CD / Demo CD Version 1.0 - No idea what these were.
    Gorf 2000 - Gorf was just released by a independent party. Gorf 2000 is still in development.
    Jaguar "Eyes" CD - A printed disc of the Jaguar "Eyes" logo that Atari used in Jag CDs for pictures. Disc contains no data. Never publicly released (I have one).
    Jaguar Launches Jaguar CD - A disc Atari made to show how great the Jaguar CD's VLM was. It's talking laid over a Tempest 2000 soundtrack track. Pretty good, although again -- never publicly released. I have one of these too.
    Jaguar Extremist Pack #1, 2 and 3 - Releases put together by Jason Smith, who is a huge Jaguar fan. They include lots of neat and interesting stuff such as PC versions of games, art for games and so on. He also recently released the Fight For Life Beta, which is a Beta version of that game that has a LOT of improvements. There is a huge story behind the final game, and Jason's release raised more questions about it then answers, although it is pretty slick. That release, by the way, came in an official box and everything with a sticker on it -- like Iron Soldier II CD.
    Mad Bodies - Under development still.
    Myst (demo) - Came with the Jaguar CD.
    Ocean's Depths - Released on Jaguar CD. As far as I know, it is more like a fish bowl screensaver than a game, however I have never played it / seen it personally yet.
    Painter - A great game, sort of like Amidar, released for unencrypted CD in a DVD-like case.
    Painter Jagfest 2003 Special Edition - Same as above, although a special version. I forget what made it special.
    Soulstar (CD) - Never released as far as I know.
    Space War 2000 - Some company made carts of this and Barkley: Shut Up And Jam! without the permission of the original copyrightholders and are selling them. They are cart only.
    Total Carnage - Songbird's most recent release. Most expensive one too.
    Virtual Light Machine - Came with the Jaguar CD.

You also missed the following that I can think of offhand:

Phaze Zero demo -- This was released by the same place that did Space War and Barkley, but was more or less legal I believe.
    JagMind - A MasterMind clone for the Jaguar CD. Limited to 50 releases I believe.
    Gorf - Also had a Special Edition of limited edition numbered CDs in a special case 1-50.

I think that's it. Good searchin'!
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Had a friend years ago that was into Atari computers. When the Jag came out.. he was one of the first to buy one. That fever spread to my best friend; and I.. a few months later as we each snatched up all things Jag. I remember my friend was so into his Jag that Telegames would just send most everything to him back then, and just automatically bill him. He's still got his Jag collection today and I've tried buying it off him several times (I let most of my Jag stuff go a long time ago) but he's never gave in despite my offering good money for it. It's in his attic.. so sad. I desperately want a CD unit and Iron Soldier 2.

Anyways.. our programmer friend John (the Atari fanboy) had a Cat Box once and we would all get together and play Doom and AvP on it.. awesome. I haven't seen John in years but I seem to remember he may have let it go for around $20 some years back when I asked him about it.. bet he regrets that now.
    "Kooch56.. you is a MEAN man!"
    My DP feedback
    "Take us to the THRESHOLD!"