Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weekly / Weekend "Finds Threads" are changing.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Weekly / Weekend "Finds Threads" are changing.

Into Monthly finds. Starting on the 1st of February, once a month a Moderator from this forum will create a monthly finds thread in this forum. Please place all finds in the appropriate thread. Please do not post finds in separate threads, no matter how rare the item is.

The February finds thread can be found here:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=79512

Thanks and lets see those finds!
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Perhaps there could be a "bragging" type section to the forum, where people can post their finds and show off their collections and whatnot.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I still want to go on the record in favor for incredibly rare items (R8+) being able to have thier own brag thread. I'm not too big on those that find Tengen NES things, but if someone finds, for example, a NTSC Mangia or something of that caliber, I'm interested.
    Lick me! LICK ME!!

One of the hopeless idiots that runs SC3; (Southern California Classic Collectors):
    www.sc3videogames.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sanriostar
    I still want to go on the record in favor for incredibly rare items (R8+) being able to have thier own brag thread. I'm not too big on those that find Tengen NES things, but if someone finds, for example, a NTSC Mangia or something of that caliber, I'm interested.
    What about making a thread where you take pictures and such, provide information? That'd make it more than just a "look what I found" type thread. After all, we have threads discussing obscure stuff all the time.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what was so wrong with weekly threads?
    chuck norris roundhouse kicked someone so hard his foot broke the speed of light,went back in time,and killed amelia earhart while she was over the pacific ocean

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

First of all, I am totally in favor of this change. I am so tired of the dipshits around here and their race to start each find thread with posts like "nothing yet but the mail hasn't come yet today so maybe I will get something later."

If GAC hadn't initiated this, I would fear that the change would go the other way and we would have someone starting a finds thread for every day of the week.

And second, why do rare items need their own thread? Everyone reads the finds threads that are interested in such things. I get tired of the folks around here that I guess don't get enough attention at home starting these "come kiss my ass" threads.

When you say that it is OK to have a special thread for certain finds, then you are allowing for loopholes in the rules. That's exactly the problem with the system now. Because a mod isn't starting the thread, you have people starting the weekday finds threads on the previous Thursday, just because they want their find to get maximum exposure so that they can get more attention. It's fucking retarded, and because it obviously isn't going to stop, I think that what GAC has decided to do is an excellent decision.

Chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I understand the reason for this and agree with it for the most part

it is better than the constant finds posting for every find or anything like that.

so I agree with Chris but I still wouldn't mind to see almost individual postings for the extremly rare finds that you would almost never see.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm all for the change too. The habit of starting finds threads early and/or with no finds from the OP was getting way out of hand.

And I don't see why anybody can't just post their pics and stories in the finds threads - if you found something absolutely amazing like both SNES competition carts at one place or an R10, that's worth a thread to me. But otherwise, it'll do just fine in the current finds thread, kthx.

Kudos to GAC and anybody else that may have been involved in this move.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i'm with this too, but like others i can't understand why a sealed R9 find or similar shouldn't get their own thread, we all know that most people do not read through the finds thread, those wo look at it just scroll through it fast to see if there's sth interesting in there. This, in fact, gets even worse with the montly threads because they will be SO flooded with crap noone's interested in. I don't want to dig through those to see that someone found a sealed Chavez II in France or whatever. If it's sth really extraordinary, pls let it have it's own thread for discussion about that and so on...
    -Jan

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Excellent idea. I always though having a week AND weekend thread was too much. I think it's a much better idea to consolidate everything into a month's worth of time. Nice change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like the idea too. I've never understood the need to post finds outside of the designated threads anyways.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

To all people asking for seperate threads for truly rare finds, isn't that the way it is now? I don't think anyone is suggesting that should change. I think someone finding an Adventurevision at Goodwill shouldn't be lumped in with all the people picking up crappy old sports games at TRU or whatever, and I also think any truly one-of-a-kind finds will always warrant their own thread.

Not to try and put words in the Gaming mod's mouths, but I think the idea here is to use your best judgement.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I will say this. If you TRUELY believe that your find deserves it's own thread, go ahead and PM me. But don't PM me with crap, most likely would have to be something R8 and above. And I am not saying I will say yes everytime, it must be something exceptional and with pics to have me even consider it warranting it's own thread.
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BurgerTrench

I think it's inane for people to post common things bought off of ebay for going prices or new games or crap like that in a "find" thread.

For my $0.02 there are only three things worth posting in a thread like that:

1) Big "wow" items, even if they're for going rates. Things like highly desired laseractive items, The big NES 10, Crazy import titles, rare hardware, promo stuff, arcades, and the like. I'd even say that stuff like PDS or Suikoden II should be "ok" but pushing the bounds.

I understand that when people take the plunge and buy $100+ dollar items they want to brag a little. This should be the place for that.

or

2) Pretty nice finds. A lot of 30 N64 games for $10.00, A Halo Xbox for $40, a X-Com complete for a $2.00. These are the kinds of finds where pretty much everyone would be excited to stumble across. It doesn't have to be amazingly rare, but a damn good deal.

People posting that they bought Who Framed Roger Rabbit on the NES for $3.00 or Galaxy Force II loose on the Genesis for a buck are just wasting space. I mean, what do they want, a pat on the back? The thread is just for bragging, shouldn't you have something to brag about?
    "Be proud of what we make you do." - Master Shake, SGC2C - Baffler Meal
    Blog time!
    On Facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

I'm glad this is happening, because there have been just too many topics on the same thing, and it is getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAmChandler
    I will say this. If you TRUELY believe that your find deserves it's own thread, go ahead and PM me. But don't PM me with crap, most likely would have to be something R8 and above. And I am not saying I will say yes everytime, it must be something exceptional and with pics to have me even consider it warranting it's own thread.
    I am very glad you say this, because I won't check the finds thread regularly, and I may miss some of the much cool things. The Intellivision Playcable is something that comes to mind as warrenting its own thread. I think this is a loophole that shouldn't be ruled out completely just yet. I really hope you don't find your PM box full regarding $10 boxed chrono triggers.

Great Puma (Level 12) Chainsaw_Charlie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blissfulnoise
    I think it's inane for people to post common things bought off of ebay for going prices or new games or crap like that in a "find" thread.

1) Big "wow" items, even if they're for going rates. Things like highly desired laseractive items, The big NES 10, Crazy import titles, rare hardware, promo stuff, arcades, and the like. I'd even say that stuff like PDS or Suikoden II should be "ok" but pushing the bounds.

I understand that when people take the plunge and buy $100+ dollar items they want to brag a little. This should be the place for that.

or

2) Pretty nice finds. A lot of 30 N64 games for $10.00, A Halo Xbox for $40, a X-Com complete for a $2.00. These are the kinds of finds where pretty much everyone would be excited to stumble across. It doesn't have to be amazingly rare, but a damn good deal.

People posting that they bought Who Framed Roger Rabbit on the NES for $3.00 or Galaxy Force II loose on the Genesis for a buck are just wasting space. I mean, what do they want, a pat on the back? The thread is just for bragging, shouldn't you have something to brag about?
    I see where you're coming from on the ebay wins and the luck finds but i disagree with the need to call simple finds wasted space in most cases a find is a find
    My rotating want list http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101550

Your television doesn't care how angry you are with it. Turn it off and find something better to do with your time.-Beserker

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Quote Originally Posted by blissfulnoise

or

I strongly disagree with you. I enjoy looking through the finds thread every week. I don't get to go out thrifting and to the flea market very often, and I like seeing pics of what people bring home, even if it is dirt common. If you find that to be a waste of space, then no one is forcing you to read it. When I post pics of what I find, I am in no way looking for a pat on the back. I am just sharing what I found that day with anyone who cares to look. I guess I just don't look at the finds thread as "bragging". I just like to see what kind of stuff people have been adding to their collections. I think that if someone looks at the finds threads as a place to brag, it says more about that person than it does about the thread itself.

Chris

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm with those that think this is a good idea and that we can continue to have separate threads for the really really really good finds. I sometimes scan the finds thread, but I don't always care to read through it to see if someone found something really rare.

Good move, GAC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    zebrassss

I think it's a good move to get rid of the threads that are started every week and weekend.

Will we still post ebay finds in the ebay forum?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sanriostar
    I agree with the change, but support this caveat. Imagine how out of control the monthly threads will get if someone say posts something like that "Bio Force Ape" find from a few months back. So I think the extremely rare finds - protos, sealed R9s, and R10s should be allowed their own posts.