Thread: Huge ,Large Giant,ulta rare,extremely rare complete, ??????

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Huge ,Large Giant,ulta rare,extremely rare complete, ??????

Whats your thoughts.Im sure almost everyone has been on ebay and seen the following words with auctions. I saw one the other day that said shrinkwrapped sure enough someone put shrinkwrap around a looses cart. what do you think when you see the following words.

small lot....i think 5 or less games

large lot....i think 10 to 50 games

huge lot...100 to 250 games

giant 250 and up

complete means box,manual,game and map if came with game

rare means a game that there are 5 or less copies on ebay at any given time

extremely rare game that shows up once or twice a month

ulta rare game that shows up once every 3 to 6 months

and the uber ulta extremely rare a game that shows up 0nce every year or so.

good condition means cart works may have writing or stickers

great means cart is working and free of stickers,writing and label is complete

mint would mean cart looks like it came right out of the box.

I know most people put in these words to get more hits when people are searching but it does get frustrating when your looking for complete games and all the items that come up when you type in complete are usally loose or carts with just the box.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To me.. "mint" means only one thing.. factory sealed. I'll never understand how sellers get away with describing a loose cart as mint. When you buy a "mint" coin.. it means sealed & uncirculated. It should be the same for games.. period.
    "Kooch56.. you is a MEAN man!"
    My DP feedback
    "Take us to the THRESHOLD!"

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scorch56
    To me.. "mint" means only one thing.. factory sealed. I'll never understand how sellers get away with describing a loose cart as mint. When you buy a "mint" coin.. it means sealed & uncirculated. It should be the same for games.. period.
    nah. mint baseball cards have been taken out of packs and graded. you could argue that sealed games can't qualify as mint because all the packaging hasn't been examined to see if all the pages on the instruction book is properly printed and such. i could also find a sealed game that has been run over by a car and smashed to bits. that wouldn't be mint either, but still sealed. sealed and mint are two completely different things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scooby105
    Quote Originally Posted by scorch56
    nah. mint baseball cards have been taken out of packs and graded. you could argue that sealed games can't qualify as mint because all the packaging hasn't been examined to see if all the pages on the instruction book is properly printed and such. i could also find a sealed game that has been run over by a car and smashed to bits. that wouldn't be mint either, but still sealed. sealed and mint are two completely different things.
    Obviously baseball cards ARE a different story; as they are usually packaged in a manner where you can't see them until you open the package up. In the coin and stamp collecting world though.. it's very different.

I wouldn't call a factory sealed box ran over with a truck as "mint" either. Once a mint coin (i.e. "uncirculated") is taken out of it's sealed package and touches human hands.. it's no longer mint. A game opened up and taken out of it's packaging is NOT "mint" either. In MY grading sytem there are 3 upper grades:

Mint - means new & factory shrinkwrapped

Brand-new - Is what I call a game that I have bought and removed from it's packaging, examined, and maybe even played briefly. It's still in great shape.. but NOT mint anymore. I will not describe any game I own as brand-new however unless it was bought by me or the former owner says it "unplayed" by them (There can be NO saves on a "brand-new" cartridge).

Excellent - Clean & umarked (i.e. no markers, rental labels [EVER] or torn labels). I guess one could describe this condition as "pristine" as well. This.. to me.. is what most people describe as "mint".

After that.. it goes:

Good (no Very Good for me)

Average

Poor

I realize that my grading sytem is a little extreme.. but I find many people appreciate it; and since I never purchase games in poor or average condition without knowing it ,most of my games fall into the top three categories.
    "Kooch56.. you is a MEAN man!"
    My DP feedback
    "Take us to the THRESHOLD!"