Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360 issue with Gamestop or Microsoft?

Great Puma (Level 12) captain nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Xbox 360 issue with Gamestop or Microsoft?

Ok, so I finally got my 360 last night. After having it reserved way back at the end of September. No big deal really, or so I thought

I pre ordered the premium package with the intent and knowledge that I was getting everything and the limited media controller. Well guess what? They appearantly are not making that package anymore.

Has anybody else had this happen to them and if so, is there something I can do to get something? anything? x_x

My friend is the manager at the GS I pre ordered at. Hell, I even worked a shift at GS over the holiday to help him out.
    Should I be asking GS for a media controller or Microsoft? Or am I an idiot who should just let this issue go :/

"until all are one" - Optimus Prime
    Link to collection:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

on the box it said limited time only,and it has been a few months so i can see them not having the remote.

so it sounds like you got screwed there,which sucks man.
    chuck norris roundhouse kicked someone so hard his foot broke the speed of light,went back in time,and killed amelia earhart while she was over the pacific ocean

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lol monster
    on the box it said limited time only,and it has been a few months so i can see them not having the remote.

so it sounds like you got screwed there,which sucks man.
    Right... I knew it was a limited time only package deal. But my beef with this situation is that I pre ordered the unit way,way,way before hand. I guess I feel entitled to a media remote ? I was just wondering if any other person had this issue, and if so. Did they do anything about it.

And if they did anything about it, did anything good come out of it. (I think I confused myself )

Link to collection:

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

You could call corporate and explain your displeasure in a calm and concise manner. They might be able to help out somehow, even if it is some kind of discount voucher.

I wouldn't hold my breath, but it's worth a shot. That media controller was a limited thing, and the systems were even more limited, so it's kinda a lose-lose situation.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    zebrassss

Did that limited edition remote cost you more money? If it did, then it would definately be something I would talk to Microsoft and GS about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nothing you can really do...it's the same situation with the free Spider-Man UMD with the earliest first shipments of PSP. Not everyone got'em, and they only shipped with like, the literal first shipment.

Besides, it wasn't even a real media remote, was like a mini-one with half the functions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy

Besides, it wasn't even a real media remote, was like a mini-one with half the functions.
    I see. Well maybe I will just suck it up and buy that new aftermarket one that came out. I think it cost 99 dollars.

Of course I will probably still ask my friend if there is anything that can be done (I just wont expect anything.

Link to collection:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Yeah it was all a limited release deal. Its not the greatest thing though and I almost bought the good one anyway. Congrats on finally getting the 360 though.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default 360 remote they sell is better

360 remote they sell is better. It is not 99 dollars and it a fully functional one. I would not sweat not getting the remote, At least you got the system. The longer this launch goes, the worse it appears to be blundered.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dudes.

PSP initial launch came with Spider-Man 2. Then the 'limited' deal stopped.

360 initial launch came with remote. Then the 'limited' deal stopped.

I don't get what's the issue here, heh. Limited offers stop, hence the name limited and stuff :P
    ~~~GrayFox~~~
    Current thoughts and published articles = http://grayfoxtastical.1up.com/

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The issue is that people who preordered the system, like they were supposed to, are getting shafted out of media remotes. Granted, it's not a huge loss, but it's the principle behind the thing. If someone reserved a 360 before launch with the expectations of receiving one of the first wave of systems, then it seems a bit improper for Microsoft to pull the media remote out of the bundle before those reserve customers have been helped.

The thing is, Microsoft knows that Gamestop and EBGames are still finishing up their original reserve allocations. Gamestop even sent out an email saying they had only helped 70% of their reserve customers across the nation, and that's about when this remote-less package hit stores.

COuld Gamestop & friends have stopped reserving the system sooner? Yea, I think so. But as far as I know, they had every reason to believe Microsoft would meet delivery expectations. Obviously, in hindsight, it was a crock of shit.

It's going to be really easy to point your finger at Gamestop but they've got no control over the situation. Chalk up another "Miss" on this launch. What a catastrophe.

My Complete Collection - Currently expanding my PS2 collection by buying up every five dollar game I see

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Needle
    The issue is that people who preordered the system, like they were supposed to, are getting shafted out of media remotes. Granted, it's not a huge loss, but it's the principle behind the thing. If someone reserved a 360 before launch with the expectations of receiving one of the first wave of systems, then it seems a bit improper for Microsoft to pull the media remote out of the bundle before those reserve customers have been helped.

The thing is, Microsoft knows that Gamestop and EBGames are still finishing up their original reserve allocations. Gamestop even sent out an email saying they had only helped 70% of their reserve customers across the nation, and that's about when this remote-less package hit stores.

COuld Gamestop & friends have stopped reserving the system sooner? Yea, I think so. But as far as I know, they had every reason to believe Microsoft would meet delivery expectations. Obviously, in hindsight, it was a crock of shit.

It's going to be really easy to point your finger at Gamestop but they've got no control over the situation. Chalk up another "Miss" on this launch. What a catastrophe.
    Well around here, we never told everyone that they were going to get the media remote. We told people it was limited, therefore second shipments might not get it. We only told first shipment customers that they were going to get it, everyone else, nope. We told 50 people they would get it for sure. That's what Gamestop told us to say.

Nevertheless, its like a $10 remote. I mean honestly, I think memory card shortages for the PS2, and a utter lack of n64 systems were worse system launch situations then a lack of a 'limited' remote for second shipment customers.
    ~~~GrayFox~~~
    Current thoughts and published articles = http://grayfoxtastical.1up.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If they guaranteed you the entire package when you reserved it, then you have an argument. But the limited time thing does go against you. But look on the bright side, you finally got your 360. My boyfriend's (soon to be mine too. Good riddance, Toys R Us) GameStop STILL has not fulfilled all pre-orders. They're estimating that they won't fulfill them all until March. Man, has my boyfriend had some REEAAAALLY pissed off customers.
    So, look on the bright side, you could've reserved it at GameStop #747 in sunny Medford, MA and still not have it.
    ~Gaz~

"Video games develop hand-eye coordination and turn children into better human beings!" ~ Professor Membrane on Invader ZIM"

Animal Crossing Info:
    Town: Odnetnin
    Name: Gaz
    Code: 0730-7620-4738
    Fruits: Pears, Peaches
    Gates Open: Random

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most likely, you won't have a leg to stand on from a legal perspective. I'm sure there's something that says "While supplies last" in the fine print.

Eitherway, it sucks. If you complain about it enough to the District Manager of your local gamestops, you could probably get a discount coupon. Depends on the manager.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

They quit the premiums? Oh great. And Oh well, and Yahoo.

I feel wierd. First, i wanted a premium 360, And second, i didn't want a unit that overheats.

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Quote Originally Posted by Slate
    They quit the premiums? Oh great. And Oh well, and Yahoo.

I feel wierd. First, i wanted a premium 360, And second, i didn't want a unit that overheats.
    They didn't quit the premium bundle, they stopped packaging the media remote with it. It's pretty worthless as it is, so I wouldn't think it to be too big of a deal to all but the most hardcore completists.

And you don't want a 360 that overheats? Ok, go buy one. There's a good chance you'll be in the 97% of people who have no issues with their units.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrayFox
    Dudes.

I don't get what's the issue here, heh. Limited offers stop, hence the name limited and stuff :P
    The issue is that he reserved his 360 way back in September before the very first Xbox was even sold. This should have guaranteed him the limited time bonus as well as the 360.

That being said, I'd probably just for get about it. If I know Gamestop's famous customer service they'll probably "take care of you" but letting you return the entire system so they can resell it to someone else which I'm sure you don't want to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    Dudes.

The issue is that he reserved his 360 way back in September before the very first Xbox was even sold. This should have guaranteed him the limited time bonus as well as the 360.
    Way back in September? I am sorry but the XBOX 360 preorders started way before that. I don't mean to sound snotty, but the OP was pretty late to the game here. They stopped taking preorders about the same time he deposited his $50 or whatever amount it was. He can't honestly believe that he is entitled to get a launch release the same as people who pre-ordered back in January, and it is my understanding the limited time offer was pretty much only at launch, or shortly thereafter. A Pre-Order didn't guarantee a system on launch as it also didn't guarantee the limited time offer for the free (albeit crappy) remote. It simply guaranteed that he would get a system, sometime, depending on when he placed his order and overall availability. I really don't see a problem here. Brush it off and go buy the $20 remote by Microsoft. It's much better than the free one. Complaining to MS won't get you anywhere. Maybe your Gamestop will give you a discount on your next purchase for the hassle.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Quote Originally Posted by esquire
    Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    Dudes.

Way back in September? I am sorry but the XBOX 360 preorders started way before that. I don't mean to sound snotty, but the OP was pretty late to the game here. They stopped taking preorders about the same time he deposited his $50 or whatever amount it was. He can't honestly believe that he is entitled to get a launch release the same as people who pre-ordered back in January, and it is my understanding the limited time offer was pretty much only at launch, or shortly thereafter. A Pre-Order didn't guarantee a system on launch as it also didn't guarantee the limited time offer for the free (albeit crappy) remote. It simply guaranteed that he would get a system, sometime, depending on when he placed his order and overall availability. I really don't see a problem here. Brush it off and go buy the $20 remote by Microsoft. It's much better than the free one. Complaining to MS won't get you anywhere. Maybe your Gamestop will give you a discount on your next purchase for the hassle.
    I'm sorry, but if you pre-order something, you should get it at launch. He would have been better off not pre-ordering, and just buying one at WalMart or something. This kind of stuff makes companies look bad. If MS is smart, they would comp you a remote, shitty or regular, to keep you a happy customer. I think that they should be doing something to make the people that had to wait months after launch for their pre-ordered system feel a little bit better about their purchase.

Chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by esquire

The problem is that I am a completist.... The issue here is (IMO) that a pre order should get you a unit on launch day. Gamestop along with everybody else handled it wrong and were idiots for taking more pre orders then they can handle.

Do I honestly care about the freaking remote? Fuck no.
    I am buying the logitech one anyhow.

I honestly did not care that I had to wait. I am so back logged on gaming anyhow. Hell, as a part time employee of Gamestop (I really dont work at all however)
    I get to use the reward zone on the retail portion of Microsoft.

I just got Kameo and PGR 3 in the mail today, along with Conker.... My total bill for these 3 games? 19 dollars and some change.

I talked to my buddy who is the manager at "said Gamestop" and he is going to take care of me

I am pretty much over the whole "I didnt get the variant premium package now"

However, if anybody else wants to discuss this very same thing happening to them.... Feel free

Link to collection: