Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: I didn't know you could do this.

  1. #1
    Kirby (Level 13) SegaAges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,295
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default I didn't know you could do this.

    Call me crazy, but I thought there was a rule against using shipping for eBay fees:

    Link

    He just comes right out and says it:
    The shipping/handling fee is $14.01. That's how I save on my ebay fees!!

  2. #2
    Pac-Man (Level 10) evil_genius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,161
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    What a jerk off. Excuse my language.

  3. #3
    Bell (Level 8)
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    BANNED
    Posts
    1,659
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default Re: I didn't know you could do this.

    Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges
    Quote Originally Posted by SELLER
    The shipping/handling fee is $14.01. That's how I save on my ebay fees!!
    Yeah dumb. He should just say "This includes a handling fee for my time- labor- and packing expenses." Or better yet. Say nothing at all since many buyers don't even look at the S&H--- just the price.
    .

    () - "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
    Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

    "Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use." - Emily Post ----- Component Video looks just as good as RGB, is a heck of a lot easier to set up, and also a lot cheaper!

  4. #4
    Cherry (Level 1) freckledpeas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    342
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Unfortunately for buyers, I think there are many sellers who use this questionable techique.

  5. #5
    Bell (Level 8)
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    BANNED
    Posts
    1,659
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    The buyer wants the game. The buyer should pay the associated expenses & fees. That's how stores work-- every penny a store spends on advertising, lighting, heating, rent-- all of it comes from the buyer's pocket.

  6. #6
    Pear (Level 6) Reverend JagDiesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Posts
    1,261
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevin_psx
    The buyer wants the game. The buyer should pay the associated expenses & fees. That's how stores work-- every penny a store spends on advertising, lighting, heating, rent-- all of it comes from the buyer's pocket.
    Yep...
    But this eBay'er is a bit of a dumbass for actually putting that in his listing.
    You can put a man on trial, but you can't make the guilty pay.

  7. #7
    Bell (Level 8)
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    BANNED
    Posts
    1,659
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagdiesel



    Sorry. Were you saying something? Yeah. Good. So who's the girl?

  8. #8
    Pear (Level 6) Reverend JagDiesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Posts
    1,261
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevin_psx
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagdiesel



    Sorry. Were you saying something? Yeah. Good. So who's the girl?
    you obviously don't know of the goddess that is Kelly Carlson! shame on you...
    www.kelly-carlson.com
    You can put a man on trial, but you can't make the guilty pay.

  9. #9
    DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Kitsune Sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Calexico, USA
    Posts
    13,853
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevin_psx
    The buyer wants the game. The buyer should pay the associated expenses & fees. That's how stores work-- every penny a store spends on advertising, lighting, heating, rent-- all of it comes from the buyer's pocket.
    The point is, it's illegal to do so on eBay. Yes, many of us do it, but you DON'T say that outloud on your auction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

  10. #10
    Strawberry (Level 2) Mr.Faxanadu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    517
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I tend to quote my shipping costs a couple of dollars less then actual cost. I state this in my auctions and it................ damn that girls hot ....... ......... .......... err... sorry about that...... normally pays off as I find that the item goes for more then I expect.
    Check out HitpointZ.com to see all my items for sale!

  11. #11
    Bell (Level 8)
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    BANNED
    Posts
    1,659
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagdiesel
    you obviously don't know of the goddess that is Kelly Carlson! shame on you... www.kelly-carlson.com



    Quote Originally Posted by WORK
    Forbidden, this page is categorized as: Provocative Attire.
    Dang it.

    [Edit from home] [Mmmm. She looks. SOFT. And very very huggable.] Okay IMDB says she's on Nip/tuck-- never watch that show. Do the DVDs include any "deleted scenes" that might per chance include nudity of Miss Carlson?




  12. #12
    Pear (Level 6) XianXi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    1,251
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XianXi

    Default

    I guess you guys didnt even notice he is selling a guide to show you how to make your own illegal copies of games. Fuck the fees.
    http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/
    Pandora/Blue Elf Adapters, Kick Harness Adapters, Custom CMVS Units, Neo Geo DIY Guides, Arcade PCBs, Neo Geo mods and more!!
    Jamma Nation X Videos

  13. #13
    Pear (Level 6) Reverend JagDiesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Posts
    1,261
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevin_psx
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagdiesel
    you obviously don't know of the goddess that is Kelly Carlson! shame on you... www.kelly-carlson.com



    Quote Originally Posted by WORK
    Forbidden, this page is categorized as: Provocative Attire.
    Dang it.

    [Edit from home] [Mmmm. She looks. SOFT. And very very huggable.] Okay IMDB says she's on Nip/tuck-- never watch that show. Do the DVDs include any "deleted scenes" that might per chance include nudity of Miss Carlson?



    Check out the movie Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Republic to see most of Ms Carlson. Very nicey nice scenery in that movie...
    You can put a man on trial, but you can't make the guilty pay.

  14. #14
    DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Kitsune Sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Calexico, USA
    Posts
    13,853
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XianXi
    I guess you guys didnt even notice he is selling a guide to show you how to make your own illegal copies of games. Fuck the fees.
    Wait, so the auction is still going? I reported it, TWICE, with different reasons to pull the auction.

    Dammit!

    Edit:
    The auction's ended but they started another one. So I reported the new auction for excessive shipping to evade fees and information on how to copy games. Fuck that seller.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Similar Threads

  1. NES PC. (I didn't think it was possible)
    By GunPanther in forum Classic Gaming
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-23-2005, 12:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •