Thread: Xbox and PS3 rumors

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Xbox and PS3 rumors

First the PS3 rumor.

An EBgames employee has leaked that EB and GameStop are going to take pre-orders of the PS3 soon. But to everyone's surprise, there will like be 2 packaging for you to select: $ 599 USD or $ 299 USD ().

He also said the $ 299 version might not have the Blu-ray Video playback function, but the $ 599 version will. But still, both versions are capable of playing Blu-ray games. Now imagine a PS3 that can't play Blu-ray videos... the only word I can find is "Lame".

Ken Kutaragi's words are still in my head even now: "You can buy the PS3 by working overtime for a few days." I wonder if Japanese people are getting THAT well paid, or was he just referring to the $ 299 version?

We cross our fingers about this rumor.

------------------------------------------------------------

Now for Xbox 360

Rumor 1: Sometime around November 2006, MS is launching a complete media service on the marketplace. This will range from 99 cent songs, to 3.99 streaming movies.

Rumor 2: At next E3, MS will announce a parternship with Blizzard that will bring World of Warcraft exclusively to 360. The deal is done, and Blizzard is working on porting the game and a console control scheme. This game will also include a unannounced expansion that the PC gamers will have to wait about a month to get after we get this game. Only 360 gamers will be on specific 360 servers, the game will include voice chat, and it wouldn't work with PC gamers.

Rumor 3: Halo 3 will be out Quarter 4 of 2006.

Rumor 4: There will be over 50 Sega Dreamcast games on the Xbox Live Arcade within 2 years, launched a handfull at a time. Every Dreamcast game released on 360 will be priced at around 10 dollars.

Rumor 5: Bonk's Adventure is coming to Xbox Live Arcade September 2006.
    All my meseta if you can guess what CMTZ stands for.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Default Re: Xbox and PS3 rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Cmtz
    First the PS3 rumor.

An EBgames employee has leaked that EB and GameStop are going to take pre-orders of the PS3 soon. But to everyone's surprise, there will like be 2 packaging for you to select: $ 599 USD or $ 299 USD ().

He also said the $ 299 version might not have the Blu-ray Video playback function, but the $ 599 version will. But still, both versions are capable of playing Blu-ray games. Now imagine a PS3 that can't play Blu-ray videos... the only word I can find is "Lame".
    Bah hahahaha That's fucking ridiculous. I mean it's the cost of the drive not the software that makes the difference. A $300 difference just for software is completely insane. I'd say this can't possible be true.

Now for Xbox 360

Rumor 1: Sometime around November 2006, MS is launching a complete media service on the marketplace. This will range from 99 cent songs, to 3.99 streaming movies.
    This is completely plausible however 3.99 for streaming videos seems a bit high. The music store on the other hand would make complete sense as MS is always looking to compete and $0.99 is the standard cost.

Rumor 2: At next E3, MS will announce a parternship with Blizzard that will bring World of Warcraft exclusively to 360. The deal is done, and Blizzard is working on porting the game and a console control scheme. This game will also include a unannounced expansion that the PC gamers will have to wait about a month to get after we get this game. Only 360 gamers will be on specific 360 servers, the game will include voice chat, and it wouldn't work with PC gamers.
    Amazing if it's true, that's all i can say.

Not very likely, i think it's far more likely to launch in 07 to conincide with the movie.

Rumor 4: There will be over 50 Sega Dreamcast games on the Xbox Live Arcade within 2 years, launched a handfull at a time. Every Dreamcast game released on 360 will be priced at around 10 dollars.
    Another great if true, but given Sega's agreement with Gametap there maybe legal issues that would prevent this from happening. Still, one can hope.

Rumor 5: Bonk's Adventure is coming to Xbox Live Arcade September 2006.
    That'd be spiffy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

all i can say is OMG
    zomg I have a sig

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I work for EBGames and there has been NO word of that. I listen to all the confrence calls and would of gotten an answer when I asked about it today on the call.

Im going to go with a dumb dumb rumor on this one. PS3 preorder will be soon though. Ill double check again tomorrow and let you know.

Though I could be wrong and that employee could be very high up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That'd be cool, it'd be nice to play Outtrigger without the wonky controls.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rumor 4:

Six words. Chu Chu Rocket on Xbox Live.

Holy. Shit.

Time to change pants.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I actually heard a rumor that a possible release date for Halo 3 would coincide with the PS3 launch. Don't know if it's true, but it sure does make sense for Microsoft to pull out the big guns to steal some thunder from the Sony launch. If PS3 is scheduled for the 4th quarter, I guess both rumors could be true...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There just rumors. I won't get my hopes up for any of them.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have one game that would be amazing from dreamcast:

NBA SHOWTIME

if you could wager Xbox Live points on the games that would be INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wonder if Japanese people are getting THAT well paid, or was he just referring to the $ 299 version?
    Japanese people in the age group that buy video games traditionally get paid next to nothing.... and they most likely work 60 hours a week anyway.
    gamengai
    Best import site on the net.
    My for sale list

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    squidlike

Quote Originally Posted by freckledpeas
    I actually heard a rumor that a possible release date for Halo 3 would coincide with the PS3 launch. Don't know if it's true, but it sure does make sense for Microsoft to pull out the big guns to steal some thunder from the Sony launch. If PS3 is scheduled for the 4th quarter, I guess both rumors could be true...
    Bill Gates was quoted as saying that sometime last year. Since then, he has pretty much retracted it, and said it will be ready when it is done.
    "Hail Xenu!!!" - Trey Parker and Matt Stone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Dreamcast games on Xbox Live Arcade? Will they be downloadable to the Xbox 360 itself, And will they have updated graphics and audio, and will i be able to play games ONLINE that had their online service canceled?

If yes to every one, Then i think it's worth $10 each.

But if no to one of them, Not really.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rumor 6: Microsoft will release a motion-sensitive controller for the 360. It will be bigger, louder, look only marginally better than Nintendo's, and it'll cost twice as much.
    chuck norris roundhouse kicked someone so hard his foot broke the speed of light,went back in time,and killed amelia earhart while she was over the pacific ocean

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by Slate
    Dreamcast games on Xbox Live Arcade? Will they be downloadable to the Xbox 360 itself, And will they have updated graphics and audio, and will i be able to play games ONLINE that had their online service canceled?

If yes to every one, Then i think it's worth $10 each.

But if no to one of them, Not really.
    Are you insane? I'd be damn happy to play DC titles as they were originally mentent to be played on the 360 of only $10 if A: I don't already own it. or B:They updated the control Scheme (Dual Analog is great)

But i do agree with you about the online part. They need live support.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anyone can pull these rumors out of their ass. I seriously doubt halo 3 will be out this year, bungie has'nt even really spoke a peep of halo 3 yet. I would never trust an eb employee regarding any game, their guess is the same as ours until we here an official release date and it's as simple as that.
    Even if I go to hell, I will live to the end of this world. And if the world does not come to an end... I will destroy it with my own hands!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Meancode
    PSN
    Meancode
    Ken Edwards
    Blogcritics.org Editor

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I cant judge if any of these are true or not, but WoW on the 360 would make a few hundred thousand people cream their pants. Also, if I saw two different prices for the PS3, I would assume one just a system, and the other is a bundle of some kind. I hope they dont pull that 'you must buy a bundle' bullshit like they did to some people with the 360. That was one of the most rediculous things I've ever heard.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This all sounds like a load of doodie to me. Game store employees have a tendency to blurt out total bull and think their word has more credibility because they're a cashier for the place. The rumor that is the most illogical is the two Sony packages. As someone stated, it's mostly the hardware that determines the price of the system. If they both have Blu-ray, why the $300 price difference? I don't think any playback software has ever cost so much.
    Move 'sig' for great justice.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GaijinPunch
    I wonder if Japanese people are getting THAT well paid, or was he just referring to the $ 299 version?
    Japanese people in the age group that buy video games traditionally get paid next to nothing.... and they most likely work 60 hours a week anyway.
    The target purchasing audience (system buyers) will be mostly parents and people that grew up on PS and PS2. And PSP. And probably already own an iPod, HD tv, laptop, and swanky sound system. The rest of them can starve.

Starve for the system they want. I lasted on a 2400 yen per week budget to get my Saturn and games. It was worth it too.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonNugget
    Game store employees have a tendency to blurt out total bull and think their word has more credibility because they're a cashier for the place. The rumor that is the most illogical is the two Sony packages.
    Game store customers are no different. I take a quiet pleasure in telling them they're wrong. But I'm nice about it, and hopeful that they've learned a valuable lesson.

Oh, and a two-package system launch worked well for the 360 and PSP (Japan launch had 2 packages).
    Collector of 1,673 strategy guides, and BlazBlue ain't one of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.FoodMonster
    I cant judge if any of these are true or not, but WoW on the 360 would make a few hundred thousand people cream their pants.
    ...and another million pull out their hair in frustration. WoW was unplayable at times right after the holidays between all of the crashes and half hour que times to log in. Tons of new users were logging in to play their free trials. Blizzard just couldn't support the number of people online at the same time. I don't even want to think how bad thngs would get if you threw a million xBox users into the mix as well.