Thread: Phantom Brave

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

Default Phantom Brave

Normaly when ever I find a problem in a game, I just skip on down to GameFAQs and see if they have any cheats or strat guides listed for the games in question. This time, that trick didnt work that well as the only walkthru for the game makes no mention of how to actualy get past what I'm having problems with. Chapter IV (A Friend), stages 2(Devil's Cry) has these pretty red boxs that suround a small area with 2 items and you inside. Now, the problem is I have no clue as to how I can get outside the box. I cant kill anything if I cant move out of it. I'm hopeing someone can tell me so I can finish this game.

Also, I've never even noticed it before, but is asking for game help even permited on the boards? I know it's a message board about games and such, but now that I think, I can not remember the last time someone ever actualy admited to playing a game and requesting help for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Chronogamer
    PSN
    Mekrabad

Default Re: Phantom Brave

Quote Originally Posted by Fuyukaze
    Also, I've never even noticed it before, but is asking for game help even permited on the boards? I know it's a message board about games and such, but now that I think, I can not remember the last time someone ever actualy admited to playing a game and requesting help for it.
    Absolutely not. In fact, the procedure for your public flogging has already begun. You may have noticed some white cars driving down your street. Those are agents and will be paying you a visit shortly. Wear something to be flogged in.

Actually, I asked for help for a game (Disaster Report) once, and no one here was able to help me, in fact, no one even responded to my post. I don't think it's an "attitude" against asking for help, I think it's just that no one knew the answer to my particular question. So, don't be shocked if no one knows the answer. Also, in fact, I don't! I'm responding, just because I feel your pain.
    Chronogamer. Every game. Chronologically.
    Latest entry 31 March 2010
    I have forgotten to feed my fish...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

Well I would have posted this very question on GameFAQs but I figured going somewhere with intelegent life who may be in the place to help would be the best bet.

Those white cars driving down the street stoped next door and are taking care of my neighbors, not me today.

Insert Coin (Level 0) orangemage's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

IIRC there is a tree inside the box with you that you destroy to remove the it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

Thank you! That definitly helps alot. I've been playing random dungeons alot thanks to the inability to do anything else and am very tired of slipery floors.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't gotten around to Phantom Brave yet, but I played through Disaster Report twice.

Still looking for help?
    It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Go here for all your Phantom Brave and Disgaea questions:
    http://www.doublejumpbooks.com

Click forums for the official game forums full of questions and helpful answers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

IIRC, I beat that floor by confining my strongest characters outside those barriers, and that was enough to beat that level. The Double Jump guide had that same solution that was mentioned above, but clearly you can use multiple methods -- like most of the boards in PB.

I've ended up spending most of my time in the random dungeons as well -- good fun! I think I like the Item world in Disgaea a bit more, it seemed to be more challenging to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

Disgaea was great, but the problem with it was there were to many bosses that were little more then stat fights. Baal being the main one. I could beat him once, the problem was that I could never beat him a second time because there was just to much power leveling required. Item gods were another pain in the butt. I am begining to like phantom brave just a little bit more, if only for that alone. The only issue I've had with it so far is the title system. Ok, so there's no penguins going around saying "dude" every 5 minutes. I miss those lil things.