Thread: PLEASE LOCK - Issue Resolved

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default PLEASE LOCK - Issue Resolved

Before I begin, let me preface this post with a little history. Sometime last year I won a Spider-Man Web of Fire for the 32X. Needless to say, I got screwed over by the seller and only recovered about 1/2 of my money through paypal. So, whenever it comes to RARE items like Grails, I tend to be overly cautious on bidding on these items.

About ten days ago, I won the game again from what I perceived to be a reputable seller. He is involved in the retro scene, has his own website, and may even be a member of this site. I paid within 4 days of auction end by paypal. The auction says item to be shipped with in 48 hours of payment via priority mail. I live in Michigan. Seller is in New York. So shipping shouldn't take long. Last Friday I receive a delivery confirmation # so I am happy. Problem is the delivery confirmation # shows the item was never dropped off at the PO for shipment. I emailed the seller, telling him this and he replied that the item has shipped, but didn't say when. Now its been a week since the delivery confirmation # was given to me and the status still has not changed. I know delivery confirmation #'s don't provide tracking like UPS, and that it simply states drop off and delivery. But there is still nothing on this. The Seller has pretty good feedback - over 1000 with only 3 negatives, but I am starting to get that sinking feeling again. If he wouldn't have given me the Delivery Confirmation # and his auction not stated shipment w/in 48 hours, I may have been less leary.

Am I being too pessimistic due to my prior bad experience with high priced items? At what point do I go back to paypal? How long do I give this guy?

EDIT: Item received today. Delivery Confirmation # still screwed up. Blame this one on USPS.

Please LOCK!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Feedback aside, a good seller will respond to you when you email them and tell them that the tracking number provided shows the item wasn't shipped.

Something to take into consideration is the fact that the guy did in fact ship it but it was misplaced or lost by the post office. Did you purchase shipping insurance on the rare item that you bought to in case something like this happened?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    Feedback aside, a good seller will respond to you when you email them and tell them that the tracking number provided shows the item wasn't shipped.

Something to take into consideration is the fact that the guy did in fact ship it but it was misplaced or lost by the post office. Did you purchase shipping insurance on the rare item that you bought to in case something like this happened?
    I did, as well as Buyer Protection through Paypal.

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think that the USPS tracking system is messed up lately.

I've bought over 20 items in the last 2 months and all the sellers sent me Delivery Confirmation #'s. All of them said that the USPS had been notified of shipping but the item was not in their system, or something to that effect.

The only time the tracking info changed was AFTER the item was delivered. On ALL 20 items.

So I wouldn't be worried. I think USPS just doesn't update the tracking anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonjandran
    I've bought over 20 items in the last 2 months and all the sellers sent me Delivery Confirmation #'s. All of them said that the USPS had been notified of shipping but the item was not in their system, or something to that effect.
    That's exactly what mine said. I hope that is the case, that USPS tracking is just f'ed up right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XianXi

DC is a delivery confirmation # not a tracking number, only certain post offices actually scan it when it comes and goes. Most times when paypal or click and ship are used to ship they never get scanned when they are sorted.

Ever since the postage went up, USPS has gotten slower. I won a copy of MVS Last Blade 2 and was shipped Priority on Jan 26 and showed it was enroute on Jan 27, I still have not gotten it.

One of my ebay items I sent was a Golden Axe Genny complete Priority, mailed it on Jan 27 to TX, still not delivered.

All the items I ship via paypal never get scanned after I print them until it is delivered. I dont know if this is their new SOP or they just got lazy in the PO.

I am practically livid that my game has not come in yet. Stuff from Canada is taking over 1 month to come in also.
    http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/
    Pandora/Blue Elf Adapters, Kick Harness Adapters, Custom CMVS Units, Neo Geo DIY Guides, Arcade PCBs, Neo Geo mods and more!!
    Jamma Nation X Videos

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SirCyan

Quote Originally Posted by XianXi
    Stuff from Canada is taking over 1 month to come in also.
    Are these items (from Canada) being shipped Regular Ground, Small Packet Air, or Expedited? I'm curious, since I do considerable business on eBay and send most of my stuff via Small Packet Air. If it's taking shipments from Canada to the United States over a month to arrive, that's a problem for me as a seller.

With that being said, it seems that my items are being delivered at the standard five to seven business days (cross-border), otherwise I'd be receiving many more complaints from my American bidders. Positive feedback is still flowing in a week or two after auction end dates, so that's a positive sign, at least.

Also, items shipped to me (in Canada) from the United States around the end of January are just arriving now, which seems about right.

-RS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XianXi

Hey Cyan,

Sup dude.

My item that was shipped was shipped surface and I also won another item that was coming from manitoba xpresspost and it took about 1 1/2 weeks. Keep in mind I am in Hawaii so it has to fly over here. Anything sent via surface, parcel or media goes on a barge and takes 3 weeks alone to get here.
    http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/
    Pandora/Blue Elf Adapters, Kick Harness Adapters, Custom CMVS Units, Neo Geo DIY Guides, Arcade PCBs, Neo Geo mods and more!!
    Jamma Nation X Videos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why would you ship anything to Canada via surface mail unless it was particularly large. You can ship a game or two using Airmail Letter Post which is delivered in less than a week for $3.95. That's less then it costs to ship a priority mail package across the US.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Item received today. Delivery Confirmation # still screwed up. Blame this one on USPS.

Please LOCK!